Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about.

This is a discussion on Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For two nights in a row now, we have had burglary calls while the people are home. Not just home, but obviously up and about, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about.

Administrator

Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about.

For two nights in a row now, we have had burglary calls while the people are home. Not just home, but obviously up and about, going about normal early evening activity.

Yesterday, a family was sitting at the dinner table eating, when somebody kicked in a basement door and proceeded to help themselves to items in the home. When confronted, the burglar took off.

The same thing happened the day before, except there was only on person home, a middle aged man working in his home office. The burglar kicked in a side door on this one. The homeowner locked himself in his office and let us chase the burglar away.

Burglary while somebody in the home is somewhat rare, but this is really interesting...and scary. The burglars intent (so far) has not been violent, but he apparently couldn't care less if somebody is home or not. Both cases, it was very obvious that people were inside.

I find it interesting as it's not a 'home invasion' style, not a cat burglar. Who knows what going on in this dude's head.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Wichita had a rash of similar burglaries in December, and in a dang nice part of town. Still unsolved, but seems to have stopped.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Senior Moderator
    That takes balls.

I couldn't see that happening around here for very long at all.

Someone that has no concerns about someone being home when they break in is a very dangerous human being that doesn't care if he lives or not.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    That is scary. I often think about what would happen if someone just busted in my house in the middle of the day, especially with a toddler running all over the place, or even standing at the doors looking out the windows.

When they don't seem to care it's hard to think of a good response.

It might not take long before he breaks into the wrong house and the owner is prepared to deal with him. Maybe the third strike and he will be out.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Moderator
    When they don't seem to care it's hard to think of a good response.
    When they don't seem to care... there is only one good response and it ain't pretty.

If you let them go, statistical evidence says that they'll be back and they might be better prepared the second time around.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Maybe he will pick the RIGHT house next time and it will become his last. Ohio is a castle state, so he is one stupid or brave person.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Administrator
    The last one could have been the right house. The homeowner does have a permit, I dont think he was carrying at the time though.

Both homes are in a very nice neighborhood and in a nice part of town.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    What's the weather like in Ohio? At least one burglar isn't waiting to get frost bite. Maybe an unattended door will do for smash-and-grab when it's high temps in the 20's.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    What's the weather like in Ohio? At least one burglar isn't waiting to get frost bite. Maybe an unattended door will do for smash-and-grab when it's high temps in the 20's.
    Its cold, temps were around 10 or so at the time of incident.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It sure is a sign of the times FOR SURE Another good reason to carry at home!!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Some folks think it is crazy to carry at home. Let someone get you in your house, out of public view. I don't think so. I bet the guy that locked himself in his office is considering carrying while at home.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    What are they taking? Curious for sure, is it something simple are they staying long or just grabbing and going, I know you mentioned the owner waited for you folks to chase him off, what was the response time, did he stay long inside the residence. I'm just wondering if these are quick grab and go robberies where they figure no one will have a chance to do anything to them before they are in and out with anything in eyesight or maybe this dang druggies are just that dang high on the crap and don't care anymore.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    What are they taking? Curious for sure, is it something simple are they staying long or just grabbing and going, I know you mentioned the owner waited for you folks to chase him off, what was the response time, did he stay long inside the residence. I'm just wondering if these are quick grab and go robberies where they figure no one will have a chance to do anything to them before they are in and out with anything in eyesight or maybe this dang druggies are just that dang high on the crap and don't care anymore.
    Our response time is much better than most, under 3 minutes. However, a lot can and does happen in 3 minutes.
    Both times, nothing was stolen. He didn't have a chance to.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My wife doesn't understand why I carry around the house...she says "we live in a nice neighborhood." My response was, "think like a BG...if you were going to risk getting caught to break in a house, would you break into a house in a nice neighborhood where they would appear to have valuable stuff or a not so nice neighborhood where they may not have much?" It was like a light coming on. Sheeple either can't or don't understand the thought processes of BGs...which may be why they lack SA and find themselves in bad situations. Of course, bad situations can find anyone, anywhere, at anytime.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links