Center Mass and One in the pipe - Page 2

Center Mass and One in the pipe

This is a discussion on Center Mass and One in the pipe within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mic So this is just a continuation of conversations I've had with guy's I work with but I think I've won them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Center Mass and One in the pipe

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    So this is just a continuation of conversations I've had with guy's I work with but I think I've won them all over. Lets see how many on hear agree on my take.

The only way to carry is with one in the chamber, period.Agreeded

I personally like the Glock because it is the safest weapon in the world -Can you prove that statement?

if it comes out, your gonna die,-you sound awfully confident in your shooting abilities, under stress will change things
    Just my thoughts
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    You don't have to fire every time you draw your weapon. And I speak from experince.
    Semper Fi
    I too agree and can speak from experience on this matter. I dont plan on pulling the trigger just bc I drew my weapon. I will if the threat continues towards me or doesnt comply with my commands.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i'll keep it short...your firearm is a tool to stop a threat and in many instances does not have to be fired in order to accomplish that...if you have preconceived thoughts beyond that you need to take a good carry class before you end up in jail...and pay attention...

There are some times when draw and fire has to be immediate. There are others where drawing and holding is enough to stop the threat, and you're better off that way.

My CC instructor had a statistic that showed if you fired your carry weapon, the average cost to you was $10,000. That won't matter to me if I HAVE to fire, but it sure makes a difference if I have a choice NOT to and can still stop the threat.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

The only way to carry is with one in the chamber, period. If you've made the determination that drawing your gun is justified, then some one will get shot.
    +1 on having one in the pipe

As for the 2nd half, its an argument-able debate because every situation varies so drastically
    Unless that dirt-bag is in your home or is approaching you with a visible weapon than you know what to do
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

To second Treo's post above,

One should always remember when posting on forums like this, that if you are ever involved in a shooting, the DA is going to go over every single post you ever made, and gung ho cowboy comments will help get you locked up in jail.

Your CCW permit doesn't make you an LEO or a vigilante. It is to protect you and your family, not save the world.

I strongly suggest you read Mas Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme" from cover to cover, then sign up for an LFI-1 course. 40 hours of the legal, moral and ethical implications of the use of deadly force.
    I concur.

Biker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links