Pawn Shop Scenario

This is a discussion on Pawn Shop Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Years ago this Pawn Shop was owned by one of my neighbors. Pitt Loan located on De No Side of Picksburgh. The North Side was ...

Thread: Pawn Shop Scenario

Administrator

Post Pawn Shop Scenario

Years ago this Pawn Shop was owned by one of my neighbors.
    Pitt Loan located on De No Side of Picksburgh.
    The North Side was one of the nicest areas of Pittsburgh.
    Actually, at one time (long ago) what is now known as "The North Side" was it's own city...called Allegheny City until it was annexed by the City Of Pittsburgh.
    Once...the wealthiest area in the world.
    At one time there was more wealth on one long city block in Allegheny City than the rest of the world combined.
    Called Millionaires Row...now completely torn down & gone.

Anyway...History Lesson Is Over & NOW the North Side is one of the slimiest, scummiest, rat infested, low life filled...ammonia holes in Pennsylvania.
    And PGH. wants to revitalized the area.
    The DUNGEONS IN HELL will be revitalized before the North Side ever gets revitalized.

Anyway...a Pawn Shop Scenario.
    BTW years ago one of my old Colt .45 semi~automatic pistolas was purchased at PITT LOAN for $209.99 ~
    I still remember that price!

I occasionally venture into the North Side...maybe I'll stay out of there for a while now that there are 30 more Hot/Stolen Guns floating around out in the streets.

30 guns stolen from pawn shop

By Jill King Greenwood
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Saturday, May 6, 2006

Two men stole 30 guns from a North Side pawn shop Friday, holding the store owner, an employee and a customer at gunpoint before fleeing on foot.

The drama unfolded shortly after 9 a.m. at the Pitt Loan Pawn Shop in the 600 block of East Ohio Street when a man entered carrying a dark green duffel bag and asked to see jewelry locked in glass cabinets, police said. A second man followed wearing a mask and carrying a black semi-automatic handgun.

The gunman ordered the owner to lay on the floor behind the counter. Both robbers then began loading guns into the duffel bag. The gunman then ordered a customer who entered the store to stand in the doorway with his hands up. An employee who walked in the front door coming to work was told to kneel in a back room with his hands above his head.

The robbers then left the store with the guns and nearly 300 pieces of jewelry, police said. No shots were fired and no one was hurt.

"They were probably watching the store beforehand," Pittsburgh police robbery Sgt. Aaron Beatty said. "They seemed to know what they were doing and exactly what they were looking for."

Police describe the robber who first entered the store as a black male, 20 to 30 years old and about 5 feet 7 inches tall. The second suspect is a black male, 20 to 30 years old, with a medium complexion, police said. He wore a dark green hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.

Federal agents and city police are investigating.
    Anyone with information is asked to call Pittsburgh police at 412-323-7800.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Wow, the guys at the pawn shop that I frequent openly carry and would probably not take to kind to this kind of "mischievous behavior." I'm sure they have some "heavier" firepower put away discretely if things got to out of hand.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I dont go to many pawn shops but the ones ive been to open carry also

I agree with Doc, most pawn shops have some discrete firepower hidden within easy reach.

BTW, might want to invest in the N. side now. Society Hill in Philly used to be bad, now prices are high and rents go for 7-15k per month.
    In Manayunk section of Philly a guy bought an old factory for 10k, sold it a few years back when the Manayunk neighborhood was being revitalised for a few million.

Assistant Administrator
    Must admit QK - I am surprised they were not (seemingly) better prepared - both re alertness and armament. I know it's easy to quarterback - can't deny that but - either they had no guns to hand and/or they were con white.

Nasty robbery altho needless to say glad no one got shot - that must have been divine intervention! That sort of store is always a prime target - and owners and those running them should be very well prepared.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

I Cannot Figure That Out Chris

Especially since it is located right on E. Ohio St. The Main Drag.
    The only stretch in PGH where the entire length of the street smells like an unbathed wino.

The gunman then ordered a customer who entered the store to stand in the doorway with his hands up
    Holy Moly, good thing nobody's wrist watch beeped.

I frequent pawn shops looking for "the deal". I don't stay long though. I go in, look around, chat it up with the employees for 5 minutes max if there's nothing that interests me and then I'm out.
    I also always look through the door before opening it when coming and going.

The Pawn Shops in my area are not good. I don't even wast my time going to them. Most pawn shops are this way.

frankmako

VIP Member
    The one I frequent has an all glass front. Can see all the employees before entering. And, knowing a couple of the people there, including the owner, I have no doubt there is more than a little firepower within immediate reach.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Same here - if a robbery happens at the pawn shop I frequent, there'll be some serious firepower letting loose, and I'm not talking about from the robbers.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

Ditto Betty

+1 You got that right.

A pawn shop owner selling guns should always be packing. You don't go to a gun shop and not see the employees and owners armed and packing. A pawn shop owner shouldn't be any different.

Links