Parking Lots and Human Trash...

This is a discussion on Parking Lots and Human Trash... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad you are ok. It is good you did not have to shoot. The woman would claim you started it all and want you arrested ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking Lots and Human Trash...

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Glad you are ok. It is good you did not have to shoot. The woman would claim you started it all and want you arrested for murder.

2. Remove Ads

Kudos, you did well, hope the 'authorities' get that baby in a safer situation!

From what you said I feel you did a job well done.

Once you made the decision to get involved, it sounds like you did everything right: had phone ready, were prepared to defend yourself, called police immediately...

And I'm NOT saying you were wrong to get involved. Your call, and only you could make it based on the factors you saw.

The woman is an idiot for putting up with that treatment. She is the type who eventually gets killed by her "lover".

And yes, she probably would have testified against you as the aggressor, had anything else happened. Fortunately there may have been cameras or witnesses who would back you up.

You gave her a chance, and she threw it away. No way would I criticize you for getting involved this time. But if I saw the same woman doing the same dance again with the guy, I might call the police again but I wouldn't get involved any further than that. If she insists on living that life, that's her choice. No sense in taking you down with her.

No reason to be hard on yourself. You just showed you have some compassion left.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    was i an idiot for getting involved? maybe, maybe not.
    I don't think so, no. Not in this situation.

Every situation is different. These days, if you blink "wrong" in the direction of a would-be felon, your goose is cooked. So, yes, any sort of involvement at any level is a risk. But you don't know. It's a judgment call.

You said it. We all have a bit of responsibility as to how this world is going to turn out. It's what we make of it, to a large degree. Can't do much but monitor and call for the cavalry, many times, but often that's enough.

As this situation showed, if a situation isn't a deadly sort, yet, then it's a reasonable bet that simply hanging around and ensuring things get witnessed is going to go a long way toward helping protect those on the receiving end.

As the attacker quickly found out, public battery wasn't going to be the secretive act that he thought it would be, and he wasn't going to get away with the apparent planned A&B of you. Of course, it's very likely, perhaps even probable, that he simply clocked her once they were in private ... even though she herself was driving to the place of her own battery, with a child in tow.

It's a risk, sure. Though, I probably would have done much the same thing, from hanging around monitoring the actions, to documenting the players and the license plate, to calling the cavalry. Given the young child and the other details you described, IMO it was worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Once you made the decision to get involved, it sounds like you did everything right ...

The woman is an idiot for putting up with that treatment. She is the type who eventually gets killed by her "lover".

You gave her a chance, and she threw it away.
    Yup. Pretty simple.

Of course, had he pulled a tire iron or knife, and been faster on his toes, things could have turned out differently. No telling how badly it could have gone. Kudos for going into the situation with eyes wide open. Anything else would have been the actions of an idiot.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Very well done .

I have had a very close deal to that before I had a carry permit

in parking lot of Home Depot.

over all you did good. something to think about though if you come across a situation like that again is to call police first and get them in route asap before involved parties can leave. i think by you getting involved disrupted the situation giving them a chance to flee. i would have stayed back as an observer and witness only unless the victim is within an inch of their life. it used to be you could get involved without repercussion, but nowadays people are always looking to sue to make a quick buck.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Thankyou for having the gumption to act.

So many people these days will not intervene for various reasons and they will somehow justify it because it is not the smart,proper,or legal thing to do or maybe they have a wife and a kid to feed or it isnt their problem or they want to be sure they go home that night.

Sometimes you just have to "man up" in spite of all that and do the right thing.

You did that.
    For that you have my thanks and congratulations.
    Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

RMS
    Great job. It is always right to come to the aide of children.

I think you did well. Agree next time you should call 911 and get help sooner. If they injured the baby in front of you without your intervention I can gurantee you wouldn't have questions regarding how you feel.

You can sleep well with a clear conscience in my book.

Bravo. You did the right thing. My view on the this guy is, just because he possesses the physical characteristics that males have, that doesn't make him a man.

I agree with dgreen, you handled the situation great, I just would have called 911 sooner to get the LEO's heading your way faster (hopefully??) If your LEOS are overwhelmed with idiots and morons as ours I am sorry, service is going to be slow !! Great job for making a stand for the child.!
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    The above posts sum up my thoughts.... and that is very disturbing that she is blind to see that her man is never going to stop beating her.... you can change ignorance but stupid is forever
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    The woman is probably the type that is addicted to the drama associated with abusive relationships. I'm quite sure she has been through a string of similar incidents with various boyfriends and gets some twisted thrill from it. I guess they just need attention and will take any kind they can get, even if it's bad attention.

Regardless, you did what you thought was right and left it up to her to stand up for herself if that was what she really wanted. Obviously, it was not.

I know why you're irritated; in fact, I'm a little irritated for you, myself -- I've had my fill of these trashy people that constantly attempt to suck you into their pathetic lives.

Learn to recognize and avoid them. OMO.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    My to you Jahwarrior, other then a few wasted minutes and dealing with two idiots, you did what was right for that, you should feel good even though she left with the goof. You had your weapon with you so the danger to you while high was still manageable.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links