Parking Lots and Human Trash... - Page 3

Parking Lots and Human Trash...

This is a discussion on Parking Lots and Human Trash... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; guys like that continue to abuse their wifes cause they know they can get away with it. Sheep never get involved they just flock away ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    guys like that continue to abuse their wifes cause they know they can get away with it. Sheep never get involved they just flock away and say "BAAaaah". What you did was basically tell that jackass he can't get away with his bull poo in public anymore.

Props for having the guts to stand up to that jerk.

You gave her a chance. Sounds like you had your head on straight.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Y'all: Like many of our posts and threads, til you walk the walk it is difficult to talk the talk. The dynamics of each situation dictate the walk you take. From what you said, you did OK although I do not think I would have said anything--just called 911 and maybe hung around to witness where the altercation was going, as far as REAL bodily injury or even the possibility of death and then intervened(in SC the alter ego rule would allow intervention at that point, as long as you REALLY knew, with certainty, the situation, which, in this case, seemed to be abusive behaviour turning into bodily injury and not some freaky physical confrontation)

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    well played and congratulations for having the balls to get involved in something that most would walk away from...for the childs sake at least...i agree with many that the phone call should have come first to start the ball rolling with law enforcement...waiting as long as possible for that to develop before any intervention...

i could give a rats butt about the woman or man because none of us really knows who the abuser is and what the situation is between them...for all we know she has a drug problem that he is fed up with and hes trying to drag her somewhere to get help (speculation but for example of alternative thinking)...your intervention just took him over the edge and he began to take it out on you...we never know how deep the rabbit hole goes when it comes to domestic violence....

the only one i care about in this scenario is the child and the potential harm to it both now and in the future...hopefully youve made a difference for him/her...

you were well prepared and ready for whatever was brought your way...might want to think about carrying pepper spray though...drawing on an unarmed man might not be in your best interest but your actions are understood and apparently effective in this scenario...

good for you...

What's not to like about saving a person from a beating and not having to fire a shot. Good job. I hope we can understand that it is easier said than done as far as a woman simply leaving an abusive relationship. Often times they are not able to go it alone and are "trapped" with no way out.

VIP Member
    They just took thier fight to another place and time,you just postponed it for a little while..happy for you that you came out ok.

were all humans and some of us need help from each other. I would have done the exact same thing in that situation. If she wasn't holding a baby, I wouldn't have stepped in, it's her fault she is with him and maybe she needs some more knocking around to realize it's time for her to leave. That child doesn't have a choice in the matter and she is making a bad decision for her and her child.

I might have done one thing differently. I would have stood by quietly and called 911 in hopes to keep them there longer. I would have watched quietly until the cops arrived but if while waiting he hit her and was abusing her more than just tugging her around I would have stepped in just as you did, not for her but for the child.

Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    What's not to like about saving a person from a beating and not having to fire a shot. Good job. I hope we can understand that it is easier said than done as far as a woman simply leaving an abusive relationship. Often times they are not able to go it alone and are "trapped" with no way out.
    I disagree here, there is no reason she should be trapped, there are battered woman shelters all over and plenty of people and places willing to help, no one is ever "trapped" in an abusive relationship. Granted it is harder than simply packing up and leaving but you are never "trapped" with no way out.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

I think that your concern for, and anger towards this woman is admirable and understandable.
    Maybe, just maybe this incident will cause her to sober or smarten up a little so she can think what a real man is, protector/provider. Maybe she'll choose to leave him in the future.
    Or not, and have a few more kids with him and remain a punching bag putting her kids future at stake.
    It's all about ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    I disagree here, there is no reason she should be trapped, there are battered woman shelters all over and plenty of people and places willing to help, no one is ever "trapped" in an abusive relationship. Granted it is harder than simply packing up and leaving but you are never "trapped" with no way out.
    She is trapped by her own psychology. She, as well as her male companion, were likely raised in an abusive family. She associates abuse with love and sees this as a normal part of a relationship. She looks for this. Unfortunately her child will likely carry on the family tradition.

was i an idiot for getting involved? maybe, maybe not. i know if i wore a uniform, i'd be obliged to. some may say that we have a duty to each other, as human beings. but, i still feel like a moron.
    Under the circumstances I don't see what else you could have done in good conscience. The trash in the parking lot are the morons here, not you amigo.

was i an idiot for getting involved?
    Yes, but a noble one.
    I suspect if you and the trash would have come to blows, she would have jumped on you to protect him.
    She would then testify that you started it all.

I hate seeing couples fight. (I'm divorced, so I've been there)
    Nothing good comes of it.

I'm glad that it wasn't me in that situation, don't really know what I'd do, most likely, exactly what you did. There is no perfect way to deal with this so you did what you thought was the right action at the time. We arm-chair quarterbacks can give our opinion all day, but when it all comes down, we weren't there and witnessed what you did. You took some action instead of just walking away.

The problem with women in abusive relationships is the lack of self-esteem. She obviously feels inferior and "he" is the only one who will have her so she allows the abuse. He has taken advantage of it so much now that she is brainwashed into believing she actually deserves his treatment and that it's her fault. Unless she can break the cycle and get out of this, it will continue until someone is injured severely or dies. Sadly, it is up to her to make the decision to stay or leave. Not much else you can or could have done.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I agree that what you did was the right thing to do, however, it's the circumstances that followed your response that cause me to believe the whole thing could have been a set-up for a mugging. You know..mother, baby, violence, (perceived) parking lot..all to draw you in for a surprise. It sounds to me like you surprised them instead when you exposed your gun, considering how fast "THEY" got into the car and drove off. Do you really know if there was a real baby and not a doll? Anything's possible, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by silo View Post
    The ONLY reason you feel like a moron is because she made the idiotic decision to get back in the car with him. That's not your fault. Had she not gotten in, the cops gotten there, and been able to intervene in this otherwise violent crime, you would feel differently. Don't let the morons keep you down; they're plentiful, but they're not as smart as you.

Personally, I feel like you did the right thing.
    +1
    I would have a hard time walking away too considering there was a baby involved, some people are just too ignorant.
    I wonder if the cop's ever found the car & at the very least cited her for not having the baby strapped in since you cant ticket someone for stupidity
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I agree that what you did was the right thing to do, however, it's the circumstances that followed your response that cause me to believe the whole thing could have been a set-up for a mugging. You know..mother, baby, violence, (perceived) parking lot..all to draw you in for a surprise. It sounds to me like you surprised them instead when you exposed your gun, considering how fast "THEY" got into the car and drove off. Do you really know if there was a real baby and not a doll? Anything's possible, you never know.
    Good point with how fast they scattered
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links