Could You Believe This One..........? - Page 3

Could You Believe This One..........?

This is a discussion on Could You Believe This One..........? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i think there needs to be less speculation here and more information gathered by the op....this isnt even bad tv show stuff...and theres some serious ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could You Believe This One..........?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i think there needs to be less speculation here and more information gathered by the op....this isnt even bad tv show stuff...and theres some serious information missing...

noise
    dogs
    open the door
    cop in ski mask answering alarm
    lots of missing information in between those....

OK................ballance of this as I got it, again 3rd party.
    Was a legit township LEO came in cleared the house and left......yeah, left her shaken. The reason for the alarm going off was undetermined as was the noise outside.........could have been due to the windy conditions and cold here lately.....Still some show for a single older age woman alone at home.

!

In my house he wouldn't have dared walk in because there is no way I'm going to get between the door and my dogs. Had this LEO tried to barge in my home with a mask on and a gun drawn, I'm afraid he'd have been puppy chow.
    And had he gotten past my fanged friends, he'd had a 12 GA in his nose.

She should have had 911 on the phone before she ever opened the door.

His Supervisors need to sit this dude down and talk to him. I too am suspicious of this story. I am thinking the LEO was casing the joint (or playing peeping tom) and got caught by the alarms. Forcing him to play his Badge trump card.

He should have known no BG's were inside the house with the dogs raising hell.

Something’s fishy.

Lesson learned??? I dunno...
    "Brains before Bullets"

Can LEO search you home with out a warrant or your consent?

Maybe I missed something here, but this account just does not sound right to me.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    There is a lot missing from this story. If it does not make sense, it probably is untrue or has a few missing links.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like a cop doing some 'moonlighting'......something doesn't sound quite right.
    I got to go with you on this one, somethings not right.
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Cop made a bad tactical error. You look like a thug and you have a gun, you barge into the house and don't announce you're LE/identification until afterwards.

Nobody would make it that far into my house if all I knew was they had a black ski mask on and a gun, regardless of whether it was pointed at me or not.

VIP Member

re: searcher

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Can LEO search you home with out a warrant or your consent?

Maybe I missed something here, but this account just does not sound right to me.
    There was no search of the home without consent. If story is taken at face value, the officer responded to the circumstance of a crime apparently in progress. She opened the door and let him in. That isn't an illegal search or even a search.

Hopyard:
    I agree.........what most aren't getting her is IMO, older age women living alone do not think the way we do in this forum. She was obviously taken back by the pace of what happened at night and her living alone there.......inexperience, lack of SA and no means of self-defense.........Strike 1, 2 and 3............your out.

I miss Paul Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    My wife's co-worker who is also a Doctor is home alone last evening with her two large dogs. At about 10:00 PM she hears a loud noise outside the front of her house. Her house alarm goes of and so do the two dogs....after she gets the dogs in some kind of order she goes to the front door and opens it slightly to look out.
    There in front of her is a man in a dark coat with a ski mask pulled down over his head and face with a gun in his hand pointed in her direction.....he opens the door and just walks in and says look out.......She scared to death almost literaly.

Turns out it was a cop answering the alarm call.......she was still shaking this morining at work. She asked my wife if she should call the P.D. and tell them how freightened she was due to his appearance and no warning.......the mask and gun.....is that beautiful or what ?
    And what is the REST OF THE STORY? What did he do after entering the home, etc ....

Good Day.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Ask her why the hell she opened the door and peeked out,Sounds to me like she either needs to get a security camera to observe the entrance and approach or at least a peephole
    Bingo! A video feed would indeed be the best solution. Back when I thought my neighborhood was crime free, I had a triple-pane full length semi-frosted front door installed. It looks great and it costs me an arm and a leg! I can see through it but the people outside can see me too! I’d prefer a video slaved to my Mac, and my entrance area is set-up for it but I’m now sorta financially lazy.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Cops identify themselves as police officers even when in uniform here in Texas. I know this is Jersey but why would this one not identify himself when he had a mask pulled down over his face which made him appear as a threat?

This forum doesnt have the BS flag icon.

so.. (BS Flag)
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Does DR.friend have a firearm?

If not is she ready to get one and learn how to use it?

She needs motion lights and peep whole in door.

If this is not a real cop or a cop gone bad, he most likely will be back.

Why was he waring a mask and was he along and did he every show her his face or badge # ?

It is possible that this could be the start of something very very bad!!!
    TO me it sounds like the cop tripped the alarm and was looking for something he didn't have...(a woman to play doctor with) or it was a BG that tripped the alarm realized it and then pretended to be the police as so he would not get attacked by the dogs JMO

and no cop needs to wear a ski mask...because like another post says the last thing he would have seen was a flash.....
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links