"After Armageddon" scenario poll - Page 3

"After Armageddon" scenario poll

This is a discussion on "After Armageddon" scenario poll within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Armageddon. The word. How interesting. The final battle. Based on the Bible, the New Testament, and Holy scripture. Or does this term span more than ...

View Poll Results: Do you think some type of Armageddon will occure in your lifetime?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 45.00%
  • No

104 32.50%
  • Not Sure

72 22.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "After Armageddon" scenario poll

Armageddon. The word. How interesting. The final battle. Based on the Bible, the New testament, and Holy scripture. Or does this term span more than Christianity in the term? The end times perhaps? For all?
    I have not seen this show yet but I can imagine what it is about.

I am curious how many of you think that some type of catastrophic event will occur in your lifetime that would cause if not global at least national chaos, food/water shortage etc... forcing people to do things they never thought they would have to in order to survive and protect themselves.

If you voted yes in the poll what weapons and other items have you bought with this type of situation in mind? How have you prepared?
    Forget 'the show' or whatever it is. I voted in the poll.
    Do you think some type of Armageddon will occur in your lifetime?
    How many types of Armageddon are there? Will we all see different results depending on our beliefs? Or is this a universal ordeal?
    I voted yes, and some of the signs have already transpired from what I've seen and believe. The "battle".....among world forces? Or each within ourselves? The end of the world, or a separation of those good and evil? Surely humanity is still not ready to fathom the implications, nor hinder it's warnings. We're all blind, looking for something, and no matter what we're looking for, it will be there in one form or another to each and every one of us. Stick to your ideals, your morals, and be ready for what's to come. It will test you, and therefore it should.

I voted yes. All types of SHTF. For example, maybe something that only lasts a year or two. I've prepared for that (stock piled food, 15 gallons of gas (short daily generator use), ammo, wiskey, some silver and gold, etc).

Now if God comes to claim his own I'm hopeful the stock pile is useful to someone who finds it.

If SHTF for a week, I'm ready for that.

Now mad max, well, I'm in troule, it could happen, but I really don't have the ability to prepare for that.

But to sum up, considering all the types of SHTF, sure, some type of seroius times is likely to happen.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I'm 62. With that said maybe not in my lifetime by my sons and their children may experience it.

One serious terror attack which shuts down oil and gas production in the U.S., and it will be only a matter of weeks (at most) before the thin veneer of civilization peels away. No fuel for food trucks and no way to stock grocery store shelves. Electricity eventually shuts down and there is no drinking water. The emergency reserves owned by the gubmint will be for THEIR use, not ours, because they don't really care about us.

Then, people who will do ANYTHING to feed themselves or their children will do ANYTHING....

I don't even think that the terror attack would have to be here. If OPEC shuts off sales, I believe it will be only a matter of time.
    Last edited by miklcolt45; January 9th, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add thoughts
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I listen to a couple of folks who watch the Middle East (which is always in the middle of any scenario with the Schumer Hitting The Fan potential).

The way I read it, anyone who says s/he does know the day and the hour should be gotten away from quickly.
    The "day & hour" has nothing to do with Armageddon, it's in reference to the Rapture of the church. However, if anyone tells you they know the day and the hour in reference to the Rapture, they should be gotten away from quickly.

One serious terror attack which shuts down oil and gas production in the U.S., and it will be only a matter of weeks (at most) before the thin veneer of civilization peels away. No fuel for food trucks and no way to stock grocery store shelves. Electricity eventually shuts down and there is no drinking water. The emergency reserves owned by the gubmint will be for THEIR use, not ours, because they don't really care about us.

Then, people who will do ANYTHING to feed themselves or their children will do ANYTHING....

I don't even think that the terror attack would have to be here. If OPEC shuts off sales, I believe it will be only a matter of time.
    Yep. That would be as close to an 'armageddon' as anyone in this country has seen on these shores for a long time. Trucks, trains, and planes stop running for extended periods of time and it could get ugly fast. Life today is too dependant on extraneous means. The other shoe is out of control hyper-inflation and devaluing of the dollar. This too could bring about vast amounts of turmoil in a relatively short period of time.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

That scenario can happen at anytime, and you're correct, the circumstances don't have to occur in our country. If Iran is attacked to rid them of their nuclear ambitions, the disruption of the oil supply will raise gasoline prices to $10.00 a gal. (or more) overnight, and the situation will last for months, not weeks.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I have no idea if anything will happen, but things certainly are sliding in a small or large SHTF direction. But even when the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and the birds are singing I would work to be prepared. I take personal responsibility very seriously. Hence I carry a firearm, have a spare tire for my car, and keep my pantry stocked.

I'm not ready to fight off the golden horde or the zombie apocalypse, but I'm working on it.
    Last edited by lacrosse50; January 9th, 2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: reworded sentance
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

The SwillHTF and the Zombies will come..........the US is already Bankrupt, everything has a carrying capacity, this will have a catastrophic tipping point.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    LDS Preparedness Manual has an exhaustive discussion of what to prepare for and how to get started.
    http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedn...eparedness.pdf
    I know very little about the Mormon faith, but my respect for it just rose a notch or two. I would be more impressed if firearms and ammunition made that list.

I voted yes, but I am not sure what my life time is. I am not sure that is has not already started. The market for small game guns would probably make a big change.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Money, greed, and games will all come to a head, definately.
    Life is too damned cushy right now, and I'm alright with that for the most part. I like having electric heat (but we do have a wood stove to heat the house), I like having hot running water, TV, and the internet. I like having gasoline.

Do I want to see a collapse, hell no. Life would suck beyond suck.

Do I think that something global will occur in the next few years? Absolutely. Don't know where it will begin though. The US will keep printing money until it's worth cents on the euro. We'll put ourselves into another war, just to fix our economy, and afghanistan doesn't even count... I'm talking war-time production, WW2 style. We're going to have to erase our debt to China if we want to prosper, won't we? Can anyone say "drop your guns" in chinese? Israel is getting shafted by the global community for defending itself. They're going to take down their enemies with them if they feel they face imminent demise. What that means is all the nukes they have WILL be sent to their enemies mothers door, and they ain't knockin'.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Money, greed, and games will all come to a head, definately.
    Life is too damned cushy right now, and I'm alright with that for the most part. I like having electric heat (but we do have a wood stove to heat the house), I like having hot running water, TV, and the internet. I like having gasoline.

Do I want to see a collapse, hell no. Life would suck beyond suck.

Do I think that something global will occur in the next few years? Absolutely. Don't know where it will begin though. The US will keep printing money until it's worth cents on the euro. We'll put ourselves into another war, just to fix our economy, and afghanistan doesn't even count... I'm talking war-time production, WW2 style. We're going to have to erase our debt to China if we want to prosper, won't we? Can anyone say "drop your guns" in chinese? Israel is getting shafted by the global community for defending itself. They're going to take down their enemies with them if they feel they face imminent demise. What that means is all the nukes they have WILL be sent to their enemies mothers door, and they ain't knockin'.
    Amen to this.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I believe that John of Patmos saw what God intended him to see, he didn't come up with it himself. No matter, I don't plan on being on the planet when that happens.

I can certainly see overwhelming disasters of some form coming in the meantime.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Administrator
    Getting back to the movie and away from John of Patmos, much of the movie was factually, actuality, and historically correct concerning what the majority of Human Behavior will quickly evolve into during some major cataclysmic or societal altering event.

That having been said More Than A Few depicted scenarios would likely have had radically different/better outcomes had the family been defensively armed.
    Once they "set out" for Idaho they were really nothing more than wandering potential victims.

I am not saying that normal everyday good folks should revert to being aggressive armed predators but, they absolutely need to be defensively armed as a very first concern.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links