Two guys walking down the street with guns...

This is a discussion on Two guys walking down the street with guns... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Y'all complain when they are wearing camo but if they were in plain clothes walking down the street they would have been suspects.. Get over ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two guys walking down the street with guns...

Y'all complain when they are wearing camo but if they were in plain clothes walking down the street they would have been suspects.. Get over it, people do wear camo when they hunt, doesn't matter what it is.

People in my house without me knowing would not make me very happy though. Funny how she doesn't trust the kids but trust people off the internet..

2. Remove Ads

There's no doubt that there is no way to instantly tell whether someone is a GG or a BG. I think if most of the people on this thread (and forum), witnessed the same situ, they would also come to the conclusion that the guys were hunters. There were several factors that led me to believe they were GG hunters:

- Hunting camo (not thug urban combat camo)
    - Low caliber (presumably .22) rifles
    - looking up at the trees
    - it being Saturday morning
    - it being in the country
    - common hunting woods chocked with squirrels/deer surrounding our neighborhood
    - their calm decent demeanor when walking down the street
    - the way that they safely had their muzzles pointed toward the ground while walking down the street.

None of that is proof positive that they weren't out to do someone harm, but that was what I had to go by and I think it is a reasonable call.

Did I keep an eye on them as they past my house and several houses down the street...yes. Did I call 911, put the house on lockdown, throw my family in the bunker, and start patrolling the perimeter...no. I might have if there wasn't so much pointing to them being hunter GGs. I never saw them before, I never saw them again. Honestly, if I saw them a lot I would go talk to them and ask if I could hunt with them!

It all depends on the entire situation, and in this case, I thought it was safe. In another context like Rollo's, that might be completely different.

smeds

Wow this thread sure made me feel old,I too remember taking typing in the
    9th grade on a manual typewriter,the good students got to use electric ones and when they typed it sounded like Full Auto fire,when I typed it sounded like I had a bolt action.I passed with a D+
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think that if a person was indeed a threat, they would not have a firearm in plain site for all to see. Carrying in the open tells me they have nothing to hide and are not a threat. I go more on body language of whether a person is a potential threat. Constantly looking around to see what is around them, walking back and forth in an area, things like that. This kind of behavior would get my attention for a potential threat more than a couple of guys carrying long guns down the street. Where I grew up, carrying long guns down the street was normal. Even a six shooter strapped on your side was not a surprise at all. Sheriff would drive by and stop and chat with ya for a bit and then be on his way. Not a big deal at all. Too bad we live in society of sheeple who have been conditioned by the liberal left to think that guns and people who have guns are evil. If only they knew that in fact the people telling them that are evil, and honest hard working, law abiding citizens who own guns are the one's they can trust.

And BTW, thanks for all the well-wishes with the new baby. I've heard going from 1 to 2 kids is twice the work, and 2 to 3 is four times the work. Switching from 'man-to-man' to 'zone' defense will no doubt have its challenges! Maybe go Tampa-two or Zone-dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
    I think that if a person was indeed a threat, they would not have a firearm in plain site for all to see. Carrying in the open tells me they have nothing to hide and are not a threat. I go more on body language of whether a person is a potential threat. Constantly looking around to see what is around them, walking back and forth in an area, things like that. This kind of behavior would get my attention for a potential threat more than a couple of guys carrying long guns down the street. Where I grew up, carrying long guns down the street was normal. Even a six shooter strapped on your side was not a surprise at all. Sheriff would drive by and stop and chat with ya for a bit and then be on his way. Not a big deal at all. Too bad we live in society of sheeple who have been conditioned by the liberal left to think that guns and people who have guns are evil. If only they knew that in fact the people telling them that are evil, and honest hard working, law abiding citizens who own guns are the one's they can trust.
    +1. Context is everything. I live in the country and would think nothing of it. If they were up to no good, you wouldn't see any guns. As for cammo, it's pretty common place in the hills. Heck, I'm wearing cammo sweat pants as I type. I would be much more concerned in an urban setting with two guys wearing thug attire holding their 9mms sideways as they get their stroll on down main street. A couple of squirrel hunters in front of my house sounds like a couple of guys I should get to know so I can go with them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links