Firearms in dreams

Firearms in dreams

This is a discussion on Firearms in dreams within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am interested in hearing from other forum members if you've ever had a CC dream or a dream involving a firearm failure. I've had ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    VIP Member

Firearms in dreams

I am interested in hearing from other forum members if you've ever had a CC dream or a dream involving a firearm failure. I've had several dreams where either the trigger will not function or there is a very long pull on the trigger followed by no discharge.

(And no wise-cracks!)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Most of my dreams invovling guns deal with my wife or other family/friends being in danger and needing help, or a sittuation presents itself, and I am without my gun and end up being unable to protect them.

I think it might be because I work and park on a Navy base and am not allowed to carry at or to/from work, and am therefore unarmed a vast majority of the time. I think they represent my fear of being unprepared because of that.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    For me, it's been the opposite:

Before I got my CWP three years ago, I used to have a re-ocurring dream that I would get mugged and did a poor job of defending myself & those with me (my punches were weak, etc).

The dream has stopped since I've started carrying .

The only firearms related dream I can remember is one in which I had an ND at home.

I woke up right away, in that funny half state of being aware, wondering when the police are going to show up, what kind of trouble I'm in, and where is the hole in the wall? ... And then slow realization that it was just a dream.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    only dream ive ever had regarding a self defense issue was my brother and i with our wives out and a carlowd of guys start to get out of a car and move toward us....my brother looks at me inquisitively and i shake my head "no"...i am not carrying...i look for objects to protect myself and am rather confident in the dream...unfortunately...or fortunately...it ends before we engage...

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I dream about buying firearms, a lot
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Last week I had one of those

I think it was a flash back before I got rid of my Taurus p -22

I had two of those do the no fire thing

With out any dreams involved

I wish I could post my 'dream firearm' collection, but the server couldn't handle it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My firearm dreams are always some WWII scenario with M-1s.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

When I was starting to get used to my CC I practiced on snap caps as my chambered round because I was scared that I might dream of using that gun and shooting my husband. With a snap cap. I was confident that I will not dream of having to use it. That night I dreamt of having to protect my husband from a BG and of course the snap cap did not fire and I have to rack my gun. I didn't know what happened next but since then I always carry a chambered round and I never have that sort of dream again.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Just last night I was dreaming about an empty 9mm magazine. No particular scenario or threat present....just kept seeing the empty mag and thinking I needed to go get the two full one's in the closet.

last time i had a firearm dream it was about someone breaking into the house with the family here. as i was laying in bed i could hear screaming but for some reason could not get out of bed as if i was tied down then i heard gun shots and the screaming stopped. about this time i woke up and first thing i did was grabbed my pistol and drew it from the holster (yes i keep a pistol under my pillow flame me later for it if you'd like but this is my preference) about that time dad walks in to check on me and ive got the pistol pointed right at the door (and no my finger wasn't on the trigger lol) needless to say dad freaked out. lol

In most all of my dreams my gun either won't work or it is just ridiculously innaccurate.

My most recent one was I was at church and there was an active shooter. I was behind her and I drew my CCW.

It turned out to be a WALTHER P22!
    I rememer thinking in my dream "WHY AM I CARRYING THIS?!"

I took aim and tried to shoot. The DA Pull lasted FOREVER and it was so heavy and when it finaly broke the .22 bullet left the barrel at the speed of an airsoft pellet and bounced of the BG. Then she shot me and I woke up.

-------------

In another dream I was battling against a group of 10 very well armed men and all I had was a 1911 with 8 rounds and no extra mags.

I don't remember what happened but it probably was not good.

--------------

My girlfriend had a dream where our apartment got broken into. She grabbed my AR-15 and went to investigate. When the BG came around the corner she pulled the trigger and heard "CLICK" she forgot to load it. (there's one in the chamber in real life).

So she hit him over the head with it and he either ran away or got knocked out I don't remember. But she said she bent the barrel of my AR-15.

Then she said when I got home she thought I was going to be proud of her for fighting off the burglar but instead I yelled at her for damaging my ARs barrel.

So I'm guessing she had the dream because our apartment had been broken into.
    I don't know why I got mad in the dream. Maybe subconsiouly she thinks I love my guns more than I love her.

I love her more of course........ or do I? lol
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    I love her more of course........ or do I? lol
    no comment lol

Most dreams for me involve no ammo...and I have cases around the house,barn,greenhouses and sheds.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links