How dumb is this guy? - Page 2

How dumb is this guy?

This is a discussion on How dumb is this guy? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've heard of people breaking in to them, but never trying anything while they're open. Out of the three I frequent, 2 of them are ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How dumb is this guy?

I've heard of people breaking in to them, but never trying anything while they're open. Out of the three I frequent, 2 of them are always staffed by at least 1 open carrier and I suspect the others CC.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by skeet732 View Post
    How stupid is it for some 16 y/o to want to be a gang banger? He is going to die or go to jail before he's 21, stealing a gun is just anecdotal evidence of that stupidity. Besides, the prosecutor will throw it out, not worth his time
    Stealing guns from a business with an FFL is a federal crime.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    that was not the first and won't be the last thing that the stupid kid does in his life... the next one my just get him killed
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    WOW ok idk who's dumber the guy trying to rob an undercover cop or this one?
    Same family...the Stupids!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It is to bad that some one did not instill a sense of morals in this young man at a early age.

Bad parenting or no parenting will lead to prison time and or early death.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I've been to several Gun Shows in Wichita Ks.,I was born in Salina and moved to Tx 3 years ago.I don't know of too many gunshops that don't watch you like a hawk when you walk in,unless they know you and trust you,most gun owners I believe are pretty honest and even if the owner doesn't see you somebody else might.Just like in this case.I was at a gunshow in Pharr Tx a couple weeks agojust about the time vendors were packing up and noticed one vendor stuffing an electric cord in a box,there were a set of reading glasses caught in it and he never noticed it.I walked over and advised him what I witnessed and he said thanks I would have been looking all over trying to find them.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's too bad we are surrounded by IDIOTS these days. Ya think?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    that was not the first and won't be the last thing that the stupid kid does in his life... the next one my just get him killed
    He's lucky he's still breathing this time. Around here, he would have been shot by the employees.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Some gunstores are actually targeted during business hours.

I know a small shop that has little business, and few walk-in customers. Off the top of my head I can think of three shootings in the last twenty years at that shop alone. One of them, gunfights/armed robbery, put the wife of the owner in a wheelchair. I think she managed to get some rounds off, but I don't think she struck the badguy with any of her bullets.

The owner has killed one badguy. The third one, I don't recall. So, it can and does happen. Both of them carry as well. Maybe because they don't have much business and appear to be older folks the younger felonious individuals think they are "easy pickings"?

Biker

The major gun store here in Minneapolis has about 6-8 employees visible at any time and they all open carry with many having another BUG in their cargo pants. It would be a bad day for anyone to try that here.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    My favorite fun shop, and some idoit tries that, hmm, 7-9 employee's carrying loaded weapons, all the fireaarms on display are unloaded, he is looking at roughly 75 rounds VS 0, niot to mention the customers who are carrying concealed.
    Hmm, interesting way to attempt suicide
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Trying to apply rationality and logic to the actions of thugs and criminals is an effort in futlilty. They are stupid, that's why they are criminals. This one just happens to be extra foolish and considered only the intended ends, and not the incredible rediculousness of his actions.

Bear in mind, there are some incredibly intelligent criminals also, although I'm not sure which are more dangerous; The calculating genius, or the reckless stupidity. We are all more likely to deal with the later.

^^^^YEP^^^^^^^

You are definitely rearranging chairs on a ship thats going down, if trying to figure out the criminal mind.
    Desperate people do desperate things.
    OR
    You can't fix stupid

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    My favorite fun shop, and some idoit tries that, hmm, 7-9 employee's carrying loaded weapons, all the fireaarms on display are unloaded, he is looking at roughly 75 rounds VS 0, niot to mention the customers who are carrying concealed.
    Hmm, interesting way to attempt suicide
    Yeah but you never know when some idiot has a dimly lit bulb in his head and has a mag of ammo to fit the gun he wants to look at,he gets the gun and suddenly slaps a mag in and chambers a round,then the fights on.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yeah but you never know when some idiot has a dimly lit bulb in his head and has a mag of ammo to fit the gun he wants to look at,he gets the gun and suddenly slaps a mag in and chambers a round,then the fights on.
    Hmm, good point, not likely from the sounds of the particular story the OP posted, but a possibility none the less.

You truly never know, anytime, anywhere, and that's the reason I carry everyday.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    think harder...theres nothing indicating he isnt armed already and looking for another gun...you can be pretty certain its why the kid had so many guns in his face immediately....

dont make the mistake of thinking someone is stealing something because they dont have one...they may just be looking for more...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links