Makes you kinda wonder

This is a discussion on Makes you kinda wonder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; first off i do not know if im posting this in the right place but under the circumstances i saw it best fit here. here's ...

Thread: Makes you kinda wonder

Makes you kinda wonder

first off i do not know if im posting this in the right place but under the circumstances i saw it best fit here. here's a lil background info before i actually post this. i live in a very small community pretty much everyone knows everyone in some way shape of form and before this incident the worst crime the community has seen is when someone doesn't want to appear in court and they call in a "bomb" threat.

BREAKING NEWS: Husband and Wife Dead at Pizza Plus in Tazewell County, Va. | TriCities

after hearing about this incident both my father and i agreed to carry more often instead of just leaving it in the truck or at the house. you all can flame me for this later if you wish. i just feel its sad that even a lil community like that one i live in has gone all to hell because some punks want to act "gangster". what are your opinions towards the matter and is anyone else noticing a change in their community from going good to bad to worse?

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the board Looney.

As to the situation there is a saying around here; 'Any time, anywhere, anybody'

Just because something has not occurred before at some location, time or as to some person...Should not be taken to mean it can't and/or will never occur.

Criminals are opportunists.

By the look of the location at that business it appears to be located directly off of a highway/rural route.
    Anyone could have committed this crime as for any reason be they from your community or a 'stranger' who just happened to be driving through. Exact same condition as crime occurs anywhere else in America, and has been for centuries. As contrary to popular belief and portrayal.

Hopefully your local law enforcement will crack the case and bring the criminal(s) to justice.
    But that is of little consolation to the two persons murdered and who cannot be brought back to life.

This is why I personally carry as _on body_ and not just when planning to drive to/through the 'bad part of town' or to leave it in my car thinking erroneously that BGs will allow me time and means to go retrieve it, just before they choose to attack me.

As well I personally am a big fan of business owners such as this case where the public is allowed to enter and be on site to carry again as on body.
    Even if they had a firearmin the office or some other place kept on site, what good is that when being run up on in the immediate as outside and/or behind the building far from reach to the firearm, a phone or anything else of real use.

On body carry FTW.
    Everywhere all the time. Period.
    Doing so is a highly effective way to preserve and even save ones own life.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    I can't help but notice that their last name is your screen name....what's the connection?

It is sad for that community, and happens far too often.

As Janq said, anywhere, anytime, to anyone.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

the pizza plus is right off the fourlane which is also connected to the highway and i agree with you on carrying on person no one really has an idea as to how much to you have to react to a situation, in fact maybe a week or two after the incident my ex fiance came down to spend a few days with me before her deployment and we were headed towards wal-mart i remember having my 1911 on my side and telling her that if something similar were to happen that i had the pistol and that there was another one in the glove box and then went thru telling her what i wanted her to do. (felt kinda stupid afterwords cause she went thru the same weapons training i did lol) but its like i told her it was for my own peace of mind. now i did get some odd looks walking thru wal-mart with a 1911 cocked and locked hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I can't help but notice that their last name is your screen name....what's the connection?

It is sad for that community, and happens far too often.

As Janq said, anywhere, anytime, to anyone.
    to my understanding they were distant cousins but im not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    .......... has gone all to hell because some punks want to act "gangster".
    People died. Those "gangster" wanna-b's wern't acting.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

According to the story, this took place in March of 2009...10 months ago?
    There doesn't seem to be any updates since then...anyone ever caught?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A lot of times, it has nothing to do with those in the community. many times, it's those just passing through, or happening by that wreak havoc on an otherwise peaceable community. Thing is, your community as a whole can have backbone and still seem like an easy target from the outside. That should be the goal of every community......look docile at first, but have teeth when it counts. Since you are part of your community, and maybe lacking a team effort, the best thing you can do is carry all of the time. This may not be a deterrent for the occasional gangsta crap from the outsiders, but sooner or later what you do will catch on, and you'll make a difference. If it's some in the community that are trying to take over and make something of themselves, you may be the first in line to sway their thinking into something better, or moving out. The way you present yourself will say a lot. Sometimes carrying makes a difference. We can take back our own streets, and preserve our communities. Sometimes it's just a matter of preventive maintenance. Sometimes, it's more work when things have already gone the wrong way. But things need to be done.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    the pizza plus is right off the fourlane which is also connected to the highway and i agree with you on carrying on person no one really has an idea as to how much to you have to react to a situation, in fact maybe a week or two after the incident my ex fiance came down to spend a few days with me before her deployment and we were headed towards wal-mart i remember having my 1911 on my side and telling her that if something similar were to happen that i had the pistol and that there was another one in the glove box and then went thru telling her what i wanted her to do. (felt kinda stupid afterwords cause she went thru the same weapons training i did lol) but its like i told her it was for my own peace of mind. now i did get some odd looks walking thru wal-mart with a 1911 cocked and locked hahaha
    Is there a sentence in here, some where, anywhere ?

my bad bubba was kind of in a hurry to type

They even let criminals have drivers licenses and vehicles,anybody that walks around with the mindset that just because they don't live in the big city,It won't happen here,Is looking for a rude awakening.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links