Being Stuck in the Hospital - Page 3

Being Stuck in the Hospital

This is a discussion on Being Stuck in the Hospital within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I too have never heard of mass shootings in a hospital, I know that there can be plenty of petty theft, minor assault, and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Being Stuck in the Hospital

VIP Member
    While I too have never heard of mass shootings in a hospital, I know that there can be plenty of petty theft, minor assault, and rarely sexual assault.

Hospitals have to treat everyone, and some of the folks admitted are not nice people.

VIP Member

re: MattinFla

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    I
    What I was saying is that in the setting of being in the hospital for an asthma attack, with the possibility of impairment from medication reactions or hypoxia, it might not be wise to have a firearm immediately to hand.

Matt
    I think I agree with you that it might not be wise, but hospitals are not crime free zones and the place our OP described didn't sound as if it was safe.

The reason I objected to your comment about steroid psychosis was that I don't want the OP to automatically reject asking his doc about something like low-dose and alternate day therapy with prednisone if that is indeed medically appropriate for him and what he can afford.

Some folks would read what you wrote and be fearful of taking their medicine because there are rare instances of psychosis. I think that issue (risk/benefit) should be strictly between a patient and their doc.

This isn't the place to discuss "steroid psychosis" so if you want to debate that we can move it to private messages.

I just want for (and hope for) our OP to be able to get well quickly, and that won't happen if he can't afford what was prescribed to him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links