Someone grabs your wife

This is a discussion on Someone grabs your wife within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Weeg One of the laws of combat: "The enemy gets a vote" Another one: "The best laid plans never survive first contact ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Someone grabs your wife

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg
    One of the laws of combat: "The enemy gets a vote"

Another one: "The best laid plans never survive first contact with the enemy."

Sorry to rain on your parade

rw
    Gosh, starting IV lines on psych patients, ODs and drunks; dealing with family & friends of shooting "victims" and a brief stint in corrections never exposed me to those thoughts. Thanks!

Hunh. I've never stuck myself, had a successful bite or stabbing attempt perpetrated, or been shot or clubbed. I'm glad God watches over fools and children.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    It took me awhile to "get" this...but I LOVE it! I'm stealing it for an e-mail signature....

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone was going to catch it.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Gosh, starting IV lines on psych patients, ODs and drunks; dealing with family & friends of shooting "victims" and a brief stint in corrections never exposed me to those thoughts. Thanks!

Hunh. I've never stuck myself, had a successful bite or stabbing attempt perpetrated, or been shot or clubbed. I'm glad God watches over fools and children.

That's great...

But complacency always has a say...

Good Luck

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    If my wife hasn't taken her estrogen for the day I might have to call 911 on behalf of the guy who grabbed her.
    Otherwise I'd do something - I don't think I'd draw down immediatly but I'd have my hand on it just in case for when I felt it was time too I'd be ready.
    This is one of those - don't know unless it really happened to me situations.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday
    Does him refusing to let her go qualify as kidnapping (in my mind it does, but legally)?

In my state that makes it okay for me to use deadly force. I hope it does qualify as that because that's what I'd want to use if anyone touched my fiance. I imagine it will only get worse once she's my wife.
    In WA it would most likely be "unlawful imprisonment" rather than an "abduction".

That aside, I'm with the folks that probably wouldn't give a warning before striking. My wife has already given the warning and I don't want to risk that he's coherent enough to turn and use her for a shield. I would rather catch him more off guard. BG's friend's knee goes backwards, then BG's elbow goes backwards causing him to release her.

That's the initial plan, anyway. Subject to change 345 times before I walk the 10 feet to him in a real occurrence.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop
    This is one of those - don't know unless it really happened to me situations.

I agree

Senior Moderator
    Someone grabs my wife in this situation, I'll walk out to the truck and get the first aid kit. He's going to be bleeding soon, and will need a little help.

Matt

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Well, I guess the first order of business would be BG2 who is walking up to me. I yell "Tell your friend to let go of my wife!" If he doesn't attack, I guess I get at least the first strike, which will put him on the ground, unless he is into martial arts as well. If he attacks me, whatever appropriate 3 move self defense technique that has been drilled into me over the years will take over, with the same results as above.

What happens to BG1 depends on whether he lets go of my wife or not. Unless he is (in MY opinion) threatening her (or me) with bodily harm or dragging her to the exit, I won't draw on him. A drunk with one hand on a struggling woman and me with whatever I choose to do with him, short of drawing a knife or gun. I know guys in my martial arts school who would love a situation like that.

Someone just beat me to it... I guess I could try to get my wife off of the drunk attacker before she castrated him(or worse). My wife is small but incredibly strong and quick.She holds a black belt in Okinawan karate. Most of her "combat" training was from an old government type.Other than that, I guess I'd be a witness to the carnage...

VIP Member
    Well, I'd be the wife in this situation, and I'm not very easy to keep a hold of when I don't want to be held. A hand on my arm isn't going to hold me. I'd follow that up with a chin jab. A quick exit would be in order after that.

There's also the power of a 100-pound woman screaming "PERVERT! LET GO OF ME! HELP!" and a whole bar full of chivalrous men homing in.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by Betty

There's also the power of a 100-pound woman screaming "PERVERT! LET GO OF ME! HELP!" and a whole bar full of chivalrous men homing in.
    My vote for the best post!

people need to realize that drawing a gun is last resort. Especially when bg has a human sheild that you are fond of. I still think making everyone in the resturaunt aware of the situation is the way to go. You could raise a army real quick.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

erh
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Someone grabs my girlfriend of one of my kids , I feel sorry for em , cause 1 way or another they will not be walking away.
    rocky - You and I seem to think alike...
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    grabs the wife?
    rat-a-tat-tat.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links