i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night - Page 10

i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

This is a discussion on i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thank you to everyone for there support. to those who doubt me ( which is crazy to think someone would make something like this up ...

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    thank you to everyone for there support. to those who doubt me ( which is crazy to think someone would make something like this up and i would have to give proof this happened to me ) my guns with serial numbers are listed on Los Angeles Co., California: Barter Online at - SwapGiant they are also listed on ohio concealed forum, you can all also contact the fairfield township police department and request a police report of the incident. this happened thuesday night ( 1-21-10 ) at 7:15. the local news has contacted me and the reporter who is getting the police reports and i am sure is going to write the story is named "michael pitman" and he is with the journal news in hamilton ohio, he has requested police reports as of yesturday so i imagine he will be writing an article in the next few days. The perp they caught was named "tj stone" aka "Tim stone" which was the cousin. he has been charged with complicity to aggrivated robery. complicity to aggrivated burglary complicity to kidnapping complicitiy to theft complicity to ading and abeding. complicity to theft by threat. the burglary and kidnapping charges were filed today. however as of today he has been bailed out of jail by his parents. also the serial numbers to the stolen guns were entered into the national database today so any doubters that may have a "cop" friend can look those up. and as far as the safe is concerned it was a small safe ( 3ft x 3ft ) i would say. it was small enough when it was empty i could pick it up myself. i have a concrete foundation and was in the process of drilling holes and bolting down but was not able to before they took it. once again i want to thank everyone who has prayed for me and my family. if you would continue to pray for me and my family i would appriciate it greatly. still have not slept very much, when i do fall asleep it's only for 3 hours or so and then i wake up sweating or wake up of nightmares. i am physically and emotionally wore out sorry i have not been on in the last day or so to answer any questions i have been whipped. and as far as the "black guys" comment, i am not being predujice or racial. they had bandana over there face and i dont know there name and they were black so how else would you like me to describe them? really i dont care if you think i am politically correct calling them black or not that is what they were. if you prefer dark skinned let me know and i will make sure not to use "black" again in any of my post. thanks again once more to all!

ps. they arrived in the cousins truck, which was a ford f150 or bigger, not really sure of the model but i do know that it was an extended cab.

Best wishes in finding peace. It will come in time.

And I think that the more proactive things you do to re-secure your home and get your guns back will help with that too.

I hate to say that people mentioning a repeat visit may be right.....please keep this in mind. (I'm so sorry). Is adopting a couple of alert dogs a possibility?
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Great story from which we all can take a bit away. Makes you reconsider meeting those estranged family members in such a private place. We all have one of two of them.

In fact, I'd say I have three. One is an uncle who is a largely homeless alcohol abuser who probably killed my grandma. A lifelong bum who has no money and nothing to lose. He called my cell phone the other day, thinking it was my mom's, and said something to the effect of, "Hi.... please call me.... I don't have your address.... but I'll find ya. Byebye." Really odd.

Another is the one I referenced in my thread about process serving. My sister is getting divorced from a felon who has a handgun. He was in prison for violent crimes, and he's been verbally abusive to my sister. Makes you wonder to what extent he'll go to when the divorce papers are served.. probably this week.

And, third, a really odd cousin. Just nothing right about that guy. Hasn't done anything particularly bad -- with exception of a dishonorable discharge from the Air Force -- but just a really strange fellow.

You're damn sure that after reading your thread, I won't be letting any of those freaks in my house, and especially not near my kids.

tpurdin, rest assure my family and I will continue praying for you. Thank you for telling us your story. I believe that many here will learn from it and should learn from it instead. We will pray for your speedy recovery. It may take sometime, but for now, live each day at a time. I believe God did not give us problems we cannot solve. You will, your family will. Just think of one year to this day...will this incident matter? Of course it will -- but you will be far more richer in experience because of it.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tpurdin View Post
    however as of today he has been bailed out of jail by his parents.
    Oy... nothing like having enablers as parents.

Take care of yourself. Counseling might help as others have said. We are thinking about you and your family.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    best wishes to you and yours...i hope you find peace with this soon...you did well to protect your son and yourself...preservation and survival are the goals and you accomplished those along with being able to provide the information needed for an arrest...going down fighting wouldnt have accomplished the same and would have left a broken family...you should be proud of that...nobody knows how they would react in a situation like yours....the fact that you are here to tell us about it is a good thing...

i went through a very difficult time 4 years ago after an acccident that left me dead in the road for a short time 1500 miles from my family...no job and a lengthy recovery...a wise person who had been through quite a bit themselves told me that someday it would just be a "blip" in my life...trust me....youll be fine and all the more wiser for it when you do get past it...

give your family a hug and tell em itll be ok...because it will...its already better than it could have been...

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    best wishes to you and yours...i hope you find peace with this soon...you did well to protect your son and yourself...preservation and survival are the goals and you accomplished those along with being able to provide the information needed for an arrest...going down fighting wouldnt have accomplished the same and would have left a broken family...you should be proud of that...nobody knows how they would react in a situation like yours....the fact that you are here to tell us about it is a good thing...

i went through a very difficult time 4 years ago after an acccident that left me dead in the road for a short time 1500 miles from my family...no job and a lengthy recovery...a wise person who had been through quite a bit themselves told me that someday it would just be a "blip" in my life...trust me....youll be fine and all the more wiser for it when you do get past it...

give your family a hug and tell em itll be ok...because it will...its already better than it could have been...
    Good advice. Keep them close. Be thankful. We're pulling and praying for you.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieShoot View Post
    Oh and a word on mental people.....

A lot of you (that's a generic you) seem to think criminals are stupid and the mental ones are even dumber but working in a jail I can tell you that nothing could be further then the truth. They are more then capable of pulling off planning crimes and if you act like they are stupid you do so at your own peril.

Doing dumb things, like committing crimes, doesn't mean one is dumb.

There is a difference between the two.
    Ain't that the truth. If all criminals were that dumb, the occupation wouldn't exist.

tpurdin: Take it one day at a time. Harden up your homestead, and stay armed. You will make it through this, and the cousin will pay for his crimes. Meanwhile, you should get some rest. You've done and are doing all you can. If you do need to defend yourself in the future, from the cousin or anyone else, you're going to need to be on top of your game.
    NRA member
    Registered voter
    Make it take an army to back you down.

tpurdin have you called his parents and chewed them out for bailing him out?

If my kid had done something like that he'd still be sitting in jail.

By bailing them out they've put you in jeopardy again. Maybe this cousin might come back for revenge. It's also possible that by bailing him out his parents have put him in jeopardy since the two thugs who were with him may decide he's a risk for flipping on them.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    tpurdin have you called his parents and chewed them out for bailing him out?

If my kid had done something like that he'd still be sitting in jail.

By bailing them out they've put you in jeopardy again. Maybe this cousin might come back for revenge. It's also possible that by bailing him out his parents have put him in jeopardy since the two thugs who were with him may decide he's a risk for flipping on them.
    i'm going to disagree with this advice...the best thing he can do is take care of himself and his family right now...the parents arent going to be interested in his well being over their sons and it will only aggravate the situation...

if it were my kid it would be in his best interest to stay in jail where i couldnt get at him but thats not the way most parents think when their child is in trouble....

He and his three year old almost died because of that scum sucking family member. You may disagree but I'd call up his parents in a heartbeat and lay into them for bailing him out and I'd inform them that they too could consider themselves "persona non Grata" with me.

Wow. Scary.
    It's easy to get complacent--just ran to the room an added some leather to my belt.
    Have a small munber of relatives who fall into the category of "unsavory elements" as well.
    Time to rethink a few things and have a "security meeting".
    All the best to you in this time.
    H@H
    Born to Raze Hell

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Zombie, I agree with the sentiment, but it's like the parents won't give a rat's rear, or at least have little to no influence over their piece of crap child.
    Were it me, I'd leave that be. Just my opinion though.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

As many others have said, just because someone is family it doesn't mean they can't be scum. After all, every criminal is someone's relative.

Remember the Thanksgiving murders in Jupiter FL. That was also a long estranged relative.

Thanksgiving dinner leads to murder: four dead, one injured and manhunt for killer (video)

He and his three year old almost died because of that scum sucking family member. You may disagree but I'd call up his parents in a heartbeat and lay into them for bailing him out and I'd inform them that they too could consider themselves "persona non Grata" with me.
    True but his parents clearly don't care or they wouldn't have bailed him out in the first place.

The important thing for the OP to do is stay alert and stay armed.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links