i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

This is a discussion on i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i went and talked to the prosecutor and he had his arrignment this morning. the prosecutor asked the judge to raise his bond because i ...

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

i went and talked to the prosecutor and he had his arrignment this morning. the prosecutor asked the judge to raise his bond because i asked them to and we were successful this morning. his origional bond was 65,000 with 10% and he bonded out for $6,500 but today they re-arrested him and his bond is $250,000 i do not know if there is a 10% or not, but his family followed me outside of the court room and blocked me and my wife in our parking space and threatened us, we filed another report and the mother is going to be charged with "felony threatening of a witness" she should have a warrant as of next week. so thats a good thing as well, then about 5 min ago we get a call and it was a detective saying they got a warrant to raid a home where they believe my guns to be. they have not let me know if my firearms have been recovered or if they are even in the home. so we will see if they have been arrested or if they found any of my guns. lets all hope they arrest the others involved and find my guns and if not my guns atleast the weapon used in the robbery.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tpurdin View Post
    i went and talked to the prosecutor and he had his arrignment this morning. the prosecutor asked the judge to raise his bond because i asked them to and we were successful this morning. his origional bond was 65,000 with 10% and he bonded out for $6,500 but today they re-arrested him and his bond is $250,000 i do not know if there is a 10% or not, but his family followed me outside of the court room and blocked me and my wife in our parking space and threatened us, we filed another report and the mother is going to be charged with "felony threatening of a witness" she should have a warrant as of next week. so thats a good thing as well, then about 5 min ago we get a call and it was a detective saying they got a warrant to raid a home where they believe my guns to be. they have not let me know if my firearms have been recovered or if they are even in the home. so we will see if they have been arrested or if they found any of my guns. lets all hope they arrest the others involved and find my guns and if not my guns atleast the weapon used in the robbery.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    well handled...they brought the fight to you and now they have more legal problems on their hands...working within the system has its benefits...had you approached them it probably would not have been as clear cut...

good luck with the firearms....

hope you are doing well and this brings you some closure soon...hang in there and well done...

What did his mom hope to accomplish by threatening you? What an idiot. I can't believe that they are even being supportive to their son in this situation. I know that a parent should stand by their child...but this seams to just be reinforcing something bad. I certainly hope that they can recover your guns with the current warrant.

What idiot parents. I'm sure their son told them some BS story about how "some black guys made me do it" or something. Surprised the parents didn't get arrested on-the-spot for unlawful imprisonment. By blocking you in the space they effective held you captive and then threatened and intimidated a witness. Idiots.

Distinguished Member
    Excellent work by the detectives and kudos to the prosecutor for requesting the bond increase and the judge following through!

Wow. What stupid parents, no wonder they bailed their felon out. I probably would of been dialing 911 while they had me blocked in. Nice to hear the prosecutor taking it seriously and hoping to have a warrant for the mother as well.

Stay strong, we are all pulling for you.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    That's good news T! Well handled. Way to stay clear headed dealing with the parents.

Keep us posted.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Better and better.
    Looks like the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Good job on reporting it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Bravo Zulu!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

And here's too hoping that if they do find your weapons that you don't have to fight the police in order to get them back.

And maybe it was a good idea to not follow my advice and call the parents up and chew them out.

I'm so glad you and your family are safe. My prayers are sent. I think you did what you had to do. You know what you should have done and what could have happened. I'm glad your just safe and all is ok.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieShoot View Post
    And maybe it was a good idea to not follow my advice and call the parents up and chew them out.
    Good on you for mentioning that!
    (easy sentiment to understand though!)
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Looks like the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
    Another example of why breeding permits make more sense than gun permits
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Stay safe, T...we are all praying for you.
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Links