i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

This is a discussion on i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I hope things continue to improve for ya bud... keep us updated!...

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Well I hope things continue to improve for ya bud... keep us updated!

2. Remove Ads

tpurdin,

This is an amazing story. I am so glad you and your son were not harmed. I have a 4 year old son and have been running this through my mind while reading some of the posts.

There is no way I can say what I would have done. You did the right thing and came out of it with your life. I don't know if I would have done something stupid or not. My gut says I would have ridden it out like you did unless I had a real opportunity to turn the tables. That probably would not happen, because even if you had turned the tables on your wife's cousin, the other BG's upstairs could have put a gun to your son's head.

Hopefully, they will burn this guy good in court. Getting your guns back would be nice, but having your lives is much more important. The guns can be replaced.

Keep us posted on what happens.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieShoot View Post

And here's too hoping that if they do find your weapons that you don't have to fight the police in order to get them back.
    that wont be an issue more than likely although they will probably be held as evidence until all legal proceedings have ended...and yes it sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by tpurdin View Post
    i went and talked to the prosecutor and he had his arrignment this morning. the prosecutor asked the judge to raise his bond because i asked them to and we were successful this morning. his origional bond was 65,000 with 10% and he bonded out for $6,500 but today they re-arrested him and his bond is $250,000 i do not know if there is a 10% or not, but his family followed me outside of the court room and blocked me and my wife in our parking space and threatened us, we filed another report and the mother is going to be charged with "felony threatening of a witness" she should have a warrant as of next week. so thats a good thing as well, then about 5 min ago we get a call and it was a detective saying they got a warrant to raid a home where they believe my guns to be. they have not let me know if my firearms have been recovered or if they are even in the home. so we will see if they have been arrested or if they found any of my guns. lets all hope they arrest the others involved and find my guns and if not my guns atleast the weapon used in the robbery.
    Jeez, what a pain in the butt. I am glad to be reading it rather then living it. That is exciting news about a warrant and the possibility of recovering your stolen property though! Keep posting updates, this is an interesting story tpurdin.
    Due to it's content the posting above should not have been read by anyone.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
    --[William Ralph Inge(1860-1954)]

No point in beating yourself up!

they have caught the cousin, he will charged with f1. kidnapping f1.aggrivated robbery f1. aggrivated burglary f3. theft. he is being held on theft by threat and 3 counts of aiding and abeding.

I understand that i should not have answered door, and that we didnt want the cousin at our home. I never thought in a million years a "family" member would be someone to watch out for. My front door has glass in it, and i looked out to see who it was and my thought was getting my son away from the door and punishing him for going to the door, and not "there is something funny" about this situation. as far as sleep... its not coming very easy. this has consumed my thinking since it happened. I am scared to goto sleep, really even scared to be home until this is solved. the others involved are still at large, and regardless what most think, you can practice all situations that you want and you wont be ready for them, i thought my wife and I had a system down, but there is always the unknown variable ( like worried about telling my son not to get near the door while I unconciously opened the door ) and before i open the door i always look out the glass to see who or what, is was just getting dark and DID look and did not see anything.

and patti i appriciate your criticism, however I hope that you nor your children are never put into a situation like this. This situation has haunted me and consumed me since its happened. I cant describe how bad I feel and how much I am beating myself up, or how scary the actual situation was.

also to the person who asked where in cincinnati it's in the fairfield township / liberty township area. ( hamilton area )
    There is nothing gained by beating yourself up. The best thing you can do now is put it in the past and then revise your self defense plan to include your new knowledge.

Work with your son to not answer the door for example.

If you do not let it go, you will become physically ill and unable to protect our family. Much better to put your energy into making sure that this never happens again.

Get more training; practice your self defense plan with your family; forgive yourself for this oversite (AND LET IT GO!).

Glad you and your son did not get hurt. It wasn't your time. Now, use this new knowlege to make a really good self defense plan.

Capt. Art

Keep under control

i have noticed that our justice system sucks. I have been trying to get ahold of the prosecutor all day today. they have let this guy bond out and he had aggrivated burglary, robbery and kidnapping charges and was able to bond out. he has arignment in court tomorrow at 1:30 and he is walking in the court room as you or I would in a traffic violation. This is crazy, I have been trying to get ahold of a prosecutor all day today to see why he was allowed to bond out with such serious charges, and to see if they can revoke his bond.

as of 2:38 no such luck, he is supposed to call me but if there is no call i am going to his office at 3:30 to talk to him in person. i feel like everyone has dropped the ball on this case. once the case is over i will be able to go into more detail.
    Tpurdin:

Don't let the system get to you. If you harass the prosecutor(s), they will come after you. Even though you are the victim, you could become the most penalized.

The beaurocrats take care of themselves, not victims like you, so don't get caught up in the stupid decisions that they make and don't act like you might be a threat to them. They will ponce on you.

Capt. Art

??????

HAVE YOU REARMED YOUR SELF YET ?????IF NOT YOU NEED TO FASTmace a stick any thing do it do it now.

good luck
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

i have not harrassed the prosectors i simply asked them to raise the bond, the prosecutor has done everything he can to help me in this situation and in court the BG made himself look like an idiot and put fate into his own hands. come to find out, there was never a warrant issued on the home, they went and asked to search and the homeowner said "yes" obviously they did not find anything and the robbery's are getting more frequent and more bold. they had two suspects rob a cigar shop here in town at noon and they caught 2 BG's running on foot. they shot at the store owner. we are hoping that these guys are connected with the robbery and hopefully they have info on where my firearms are at. out of the last 4 robberys that have been reported they have been shots fired at 3 of them. I am really blessed to be alive and able to tell my story. I am starting to think they will NOT recover the firearms and just to be clear, its not the police fault. they are doing everything they can do and are working dilligently on the case, but there hands are tied sometimes by the court system which is the big failure in our justice system it's not the police. new leads are coming everyday and 1 to 2 robberys at gunpoint are happening each day. they believe it's the same BG's and we are hoping that they will slip up keep you guys posted however with the investigation still ongoing there are things that i can not tell yet but whatever i can tell you guys will be the first to know. thanks again to everyone for your prayers and support. It would be nice to have a get together for everyone that is close to me here in the cincinnati area. We all need to band together and make sure 1. they catch these scumbags and 2. that this does not happen to anyone else. I realize i made mistakes that night, but i am sure that i can help others learn from my mistakes and faults. My wife and I have introduced a "password" when entering the home. ( incase a BG catches one of us outside alone and trys to make us gain enterance to the home ) without the correct password the other spouse calls the police and sets off the home alarm. which is also something to think about.

Yes, I have re-armed myself and my wife and have an extra one hidden in the home incase we need to rush to a specific room there will be one there waiting for us.

Distinguished Member
    Here's hoping the police catch these pieces of trash before someone innocent gets killed.

Stay safe! BTW, do you have surveillance cameras outside your home? Might be something to consider getting if not, this way you can check the perimeter before stepping foot outside in case of an ambush.

no we dont have cameras. we have thought about it, its just trying to find some affordable camera systems, we used to have a wireless system in our old home and this was 8 years ago someone broke in when we were not home and they cut the lines to the camera and stole the recording device after they went through the home. if anyone has a resource for cheap camera systems and recorders please let me know. i would rather wire something up myself than have a wireless system.

Distinguished Member
    Something like this might do the trick.

4 cameras, DVR & web enabled for $399

SVAT Electronics CV300-4CH-001 Web Ready DVR System with 4 Cameras - Smarthome

the outcome could have been far worse, dont question yourself
    you did the right thing
    -Jim

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Something like this might do the trick.

4 cameras, DVR & web enabled for $399

SVAT Electronics CV300-4CH-001 Web Ready DVR System with 4 Cameras - Smarthome
    have you ever ordered from smarthome before? are they a repuatable company?

something I read in this month's NRA Americian Rifleman reminded me of this thread. It had a story about criminals who came back to a home they had robbed because the homeowner had pressed charges (home owners fough them off with a shotgun and I think a pistol, took a firefight).

Just reinforcing what I had stated in a few posts. Be on your toes. Also as stated before, get a dog (even if it is a little barker), will be alert when you sleep.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

t -- are you a member of the NRA? You know there are advantages to being one...gun insurance for one...
    Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
    I thought of you all day today when I was at the zoo.

Links