i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

This is a discussion on i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; guns and more, i can post the police reports and the news reports as soon as they come out, i never said i could identify ...

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

guns and more, i can post the police reports and the news reports as soon as they come out, i never said i could identify the black guys they had bandanas over there face. There was only one gunmen that showed a gun and he had it to the back of my head, the other gunmen, and if you read my last post they did catch the cousin. he lives in indiana, but he was at his sisters house here in ohio, actually he was only 10 min from my home. I saw 2 black men in the house, but the cousin has identified 4 men. There was supposivly a look out man and a driver, but he has changed his story like 3 times so we dont know exact details yet, and i find it quite sick guns and more that you think that i would make up a story about a robbery that happened with my 3 year old son involved. that not only questions my integrity, which pisses me off but to think in a situation like this that it would even cross your mind makes me think you might be a little sick in the head. i promise i will post every police report, new article, and stitch of evidence that i can post on here. it might come at a later date due to the fact the investigation is still ongoing and i am not sure what i can post and not post but i assure you this is very real and why would anyone make up a story like this and post it online? I am not looking for sympathy from this, i am trying to help someone else who could be in danger, i am trying to share my experience so it might help someone else and there children to not be in this situation, i cant believe you

oh and why dont you check all the gun forums, they have all my stolen guns serial numbers posted hoping someone may come accross them

www.swapgiant.com is one look in "ohio", "butler county" or "hamilton county"
    also look at ohioccwforums and check out there gun classifieds i have it posted there, and infact it was posted by someone else who knows me that says "friend robbed at gunpoint" and i will keep you posted with articles, and refrences from the police department

2. Remove Ads

I'll add my two cents here.......I'm a part of the "I have family I do NOT trust" group. I don't always answer the door armed. I have young kids running around my house.

It's pretty easy to place myself into your situation....the 'what if's' and 'what would I do' kinda thoughts.

It's pretty scary and I hope you and yours are kept safe and that those BG's are captured soonest. First and formost ya'll are alive.

Also, as posted earlier, seek out a counsler and TALK about it....you AND Mrs. tpurdin. That'll help with the sleep I think.....and sleep is a weapon as well. A rested, clear mind only HELPS.

Keep us up-to-date as you can, take care, and stay safe.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Wowzers, it's a true miracle that you and your son made it through that ordeal without any (at least physical) injury. I'm praying for your emotional trauma to heal. One day at a time.

It's terrible that you can't even trust your own family, but family members are individuals and make their own decisions/mistakes. I have extremely close family whom I reallydon't trust and is a Top5 reason I'm arming up.
    NRA member
    Registered voter
    Make it take an army to back you down.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Okay, let me be the devil's advocate.
    Forgive me if I'm off base.
    If I had you on the stand, I'd be asking if you made this up.

My first problem came with you and your wife carrying around the house, being called at all hours by a weird cousin,
    and then you BOTH leave your guns on the mantle? If I was being harassed, I'd have more guns handy, not fewer.

The police should have caught the cousin immediately. He might then give up the other two guys.

You identified the other two as black guys, why? To prejudice the story?

Why didn't they shoot you? You could certainly identify them.

But the big "Hmmmm..." for me was you saying they carried your safe with 16 guns upstairs and out the door. Maybe, but I know everyone has a bunch of stuff besides guns in their safe, and if it was any safe, two guys couldn't carry it away that fast. Up stairs.

So, I'm not buying............just yet.
    Dude,
    Cut him some slack. I don't smell BS here. Before someone posts a story like that (IF BS) they've usually already posted something that stretches their credibility. I don't recall anything else that smelled fishy.

And as for the safe: I completely buy that. I have an inexpensive safe that I'm guessing is about the same size, and if it were not bolted down, can easily be moved by two guys. Hell, I've even wrapped my arms around it and moved it myself. And I don't have mine loaded with other stuff either. We have a separate fire safe for other valuables.

And identifying the "Black guys"...I just took that as a descriptor, not a prejudicial statement. But that's just my opinion...
    "Don't Tread on Me"

You and your family are fortunate to be alive.

Truth or fiction, mistakes or not, this situation gave me chills down my spine just reading it.

Even if you and your wife were armed I don't know if you could of acted in time to stop this. Maybe it was better that you weren't armed? Especially with your young son answering the door. If a firefight would of unfolded who knows what kind of carnage there could of been?

It is pretty hard to draw when someone has a gun shoved in your face or you are face down on the floor with the muzzle of a gun buried in the base of your skull.

To me this is absolute worst case scenario. Even more spine tingling than the LEO's that were murdered in Seattle several weeks ago.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

You identified the other two as black guys, why? To prejudice the story?
    No. Because they were.

You neglected to point out that he also identified them as "guys" - does that prejudice the story to you against men?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Lots and lots of comments here. You were VERY lucky. A grandson will kill his Grandmother now'days (crack head etc..)

On any "What you could have done" comments - you never never really know until / unless you are actually in a situation yourself..... Keep your guns on your person.

Mine's always on me at home - never on the mantle, if in comphy gym shorts I still at least have my .38 S&W 642.
    Everyone kinda lets their guard down when around relatives or friends, people they are comfortable around.
    I have some really good in-laws and some that aren't so good. While I don't necessarily expect any of them to mess with me (they know I'm a cop) I still know it could happen and try to stay aware no matter where I am and who I'm around.

Glad you guys made it through not only with your and family's lives - but also glad you didn't get beat down like often happens.

Please do a new post when/if "sam" gets caught.

BTW - It's normal if you identify someone else as Black, White, Asian or whatever - especially if they are of a different race than you are.

Cops have to use these identifiers no matter what - White male, Black male, female etc...

I've had non-white people come to me about problems and it's common for a black person to say "a white guy" did this or is doing that - when reporting a problem.... Helps me when I go check on it to know everything I can to identify.
    Last edited by ArmyCop; January 24th, 2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: For content
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Dude,
    Cut him some slack. I don't smell BS here. Before someone posts a story like that (IF BS) they've usually already posted something that stretches their credibility. I don't recall anything else that smelled fishy.

And as for the safe: I completely buy that. I have an inexpensive safe that I'm guessing is about the same size, and if it were not bolted down, can easily be moved by two guys. Hell, I've even wrapped my arms around it and moved it myself. And I don't have mine loaded with other stuff either. We have a separate fire safe for other valuables.

And identifying the "Black guys"...I just took that as a descriptor, not a prejudicial statement. But that's just my opinion...
    +1 Have we become politically correct on DC. OMG.....

Im glad you and your son are ok.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

tpurdin,

You don't have to explain yourself.

You were a victim who had been victimized.
    We are your virtual friends, neighbors and family who for the most part support you and yours with hopeful thoughts and best wishes.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    OTOH, there were more of them, even if you had your gun. Unless you and your son had holed up with it in a 'safe room' and called 911 and gotten a fast response, it may really be better that you were unarmed.
    I can't think of any situation where it might be better to be unarmed.
    I'm not going to rely on the good nature of my attacker to decide if I live or die.

Thank you so much for sharing. I imagine it will take awhile to recover from emotionally from such an ordeal. Don't beat yourself up too much about. You survived it. Thank God for that. Learn from it, and teach others about it...which you are doing.

Guns and More...Your comments served to do nothing but make the original poster feel the need to defend his statements, during a time where his mind is consumed with much more important things to do than defend himself to you. His post gave no reason to question his story. Maybe instead of questioning the integrity of the man, you could have attempted to take the moment to learn.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

You did the best you could when the event went down. I feel you didn't do the right thing after they left. They took your cell phone. This is a tracking device!! Rush to a neighbors and call 911 and let them know that the crooks have your cell. More than likely the crooks would be so concentrated on the get a way they forgot they had it.

SCARY beyond words!!! Thank God you and your son are alive. Thank you for sharing such a horrific experience for out benefit. I'm sure it will take a while to come to terms with being a victim in your own home. I can't imagine. You did all you could do once the door was opened and you both survived. I hope they catch them soon. Stay safe, and I pray that The Lord will relieve your stress of the experience.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Like you said you can move it when it isn't loaded with other stuff. His was.

Okay, I knew I was in the minority when I wrote what I felt.
    No offense to anyone. But................

They have you down with a gun to your head, and they carry the safe out, only to have to break it open later. Why didn't the guy with the gun ask you for the combination? Seems easy enough for me?

I'm just sayin'

Like you said you can move it when it isn't loaded with other stuff. His was.

Okay, I knew I was in the minority when I wrote what I felt.
    No offense to anyone. But................

They have you down with a gun to your head, and they carry the safe out, only to have to break it open later. Why didn't the guy with the gun ask you for the combination? Seems easy enough for me?

I'm just sayin'
    If the cabinet is like mine, its 8 guage steel with a key lock. Not really a safe. So it would be easy for two men to carry it out of the house.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Links