i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

This is a discussion on i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; G&M, They likely arrived in an SUV The OP only describes cousin plus two males being on site. Most any SUV can fit a gun ...

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: i was robbed at gunpoint thurs night

G&M,

They likely arrived in an SUV
    The OP only describes cousin plus two males being on site.
    Most any SUV can fit a gun safe and five people without issue.

If I were a criminal I too would carry the safe out.
    Why? Because every minute I spend on site at the victims home the more my chance of being caught or stopped (by the homeowner or some other person arriving) increases.
    Take everything I can get my hands on and off-site at some third party location I can go to work on defeating locks...Which for most commercial product is not difficult to pull off with tools and a bit of time.
    I would not get involved in open the safe demand conversation because it draws out things as related to time. And again just isn't necessary as related to success of the score.

As to the how did they know question?
    Clearly the OP and his wife during the cousins first visit to their home either told him about their interest in guns and/or even had on visible display their guns and possibly shown him the safe too. This is normal among people including in past threads here at DC.com persons remarking about how they wish to display and proudly show off their gun collections as in cases and what not to visitors at their home.

Even if this story were wholly fabricated the lessons to be learned from what has been stated taken at face value remain to be valid and valuable.
    So you believe this to be a false telling and that is your prerogative. But the possibility of the occurrence playing out exactly as told is well within the realm of plausibility, as by other confirmed real world situations of similar and same.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    True dat, Janq. Meanwhile I can't get my wife to stop blindly answering the door.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    G&M,

They likely arrived in an SUV
    The OP only describes cousin plus two males being on site.
    Most any SUV can fit a gun safe and five people without issue.

If I were a criminal I too would carry the safe out.
    Why? Because every minute I spend on site at the victims home the more my chance of being caught or stopped (by the homeowner or some other person arriving) increases.
    Take everything I can get my hands on and off-site at some third party location I can go to work on defeating locks...Which for most commercial product is not difficult to pull off with tools and a bit of time.
    I would not get involved in open the safe demand conversation because it draws out things as related to time. And again just isn't necessary as related to success of the score.

As to the how did they know question?
    Clearly the OP and his wife during the cousins first visit to their home either told him about their interest in guns and/or even had on visible display their guns and possibly shown him the safe too. This is normal among people including in past threads here at DC.com persons remarking about how they wish to display and proudly show off their gun collections as in cases and what not to visitors at their home.

Even if this story were wholly fabricated the lessons to be learned from what has been stated taken at face value remain to be valid and valuable.
    So you believe this to be a false telling and that is your prerogative. But the possibility of the occurrence playing out exactly as told is well within the realm of plausibility, as by other confirmed real world situations of similar and same.

- Janq
    Dead on Janq.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Maybe. But why would they want to lug a loaded safe up and out, then transport it in (a car?) only to break into it, then have the evidence to dispose of, or be caught with a broken safe with their fingerprints all over it?
    Seems to me (I'm not a criminal) that it would have make more sense to say, "Open the safe or we'll kill you." Then carry the contents out.

Now, according to the account, there were three BG's in the house, as well as a lookout and a driver. That's five people.
    Where did they put the safe? Hold it on their laps while they made the getaway? Pickup truck? Maybe, but five people can't ride in the front of a pickup so a couple had to jump in the back, right? Did they bring a truck knowing they were going to carry out a safe? How did they know?
    Think about it.
    just in an attempt to satisfy your lack of understanding regarding taking a full safe lets try something else...

open the safe...its full of long guns, handguns, jewelry and documents...organize them and carry them out of the house...or did you thoughtfully bring along several packing crates?...

its a locked storage compartment that can be removed in very little time and opened later...then wiped down and discarded...or they can spend time opening and removing the contents...

i dont guess youre satisfied but at least it might give you something to think about....

as far as how they got it out of the neighborhood...we dont know how many vehicles there were or how big they were...one van could handle the group and whatever they took...my crystal ball is broken and yours is set to disbelief...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    open the safe...its full of long guns, handguns, jewelry and documents...organize them and carry them out of the house...or did you thoughtfully bring along several packing crates?...
    No, I'd use a pillow case. I'll bet most houses have them.
    You seem to think the safe has so much stuff in it that a robber would need a packing crate, but you have no problem believing that a couple of guys carried the loaded safe out.
    as far as how they got it out of the neighborhood...we don't know how many vehicles there were or how big they were...one van could handle the group and whatever they took...my crystal ball is broken and yours is set to disbelief...
    Okay, so now this robbery was so well planed that we now have multiple vehicles. Soon someone will suggest a moving van.
    People, this robbery was committed (?) by a relative with mental problems. Yet it was so well planned that they managed to think of every detail.
    I'm wondering why they didn't just rob a bank? Witnesses wouldn't have known them, and they wouldn't need all the equipment they brought to the house, not knowing what, if anything, was inside.

OMG!! I'm so glad your OK. As I'm reading the account of the robbery I'm at the same time trying to picture myself in this situation. I keep seeing the image of a small boy just standing there helpless. It's a truley troubling thought, I have a young son too. Again, I'm absolutely elated that everyone made it through this alright.

Sir, you have been through a lot. But you have survived and you will make it through this. Because I'm so late getting in on the discussion I don't want to make suggestions that many others have stated 10 times over. But I do want to reinforce....Don't beat yourself up! Your alive. I know, easier said than done.

Don't let your guard down. Continue to be a good dad.

You seem to think the safe has so much stuff in it that a robber would need a packing crate, but you have no problem believing that a couple of guys carried the loaded safe out.
    What color pillow case is best? Geez, you sure like to argue about nothing. Do you want everyone to pile on you for dishonesty every time you post?

I own 2 vehicles: an SUV and a pickup truck. Both are very capable of hauling a safe. And the SUV can easily haul the safe and 5 people.

This is stunning, you can't hardly trust anyone. Thank the Lord you and your son are safe, I am so very glad. This further strengthens my resolve to stay armed and ready 24/7. I already don't answer our door day or night unless I am ready to go at it if need be. Please be careful, this sam is a bad guy in the truest sense. Take care friend.

Do you want everyone to pile on you for dishonesty every time you post?
    What are you talking about? Listen to what you are saying.

So can I assume the next time a LEO shoots an unarmed person, and says, "I thought he had a gun." You will not question that. Right?

I offered to let it go, but you all insist in questioning me.
    I said I was in the minority.
    And I could be totally wrong...........................?

And the SUV can easily haul the safe and 5 people.
    Yes, and so could a lot of vehicles including a semi trailer.
    They must have been expecting a big haul.

What color pillow case is best?
    You take one off the bed................get it?

you sure like to argue about nothing.
    Well, this is the best place to do so, right? I mean everyone is welcome to their opinion. (even if it's not a popular one)

Agreed; "and so could a lot of vehicles including a semi trailer."

It is not though normal/regular/average for people in general muchless street criminals to be driving a semi with trailer.
    While everybody and their grandma drives an SUV or has access to one.

If you know and concede that a lot of vehicles, including a semi trailer, could reasonably fit the bill then why ask the question to start?

What next, ask how the BG was able to see as in the basement while dude was proned out in his own house?
    The dialog makes no sense and seems to be without a point.

- B.J. and The Bear
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar

if its worked for you in the past stick with it...sounds like youve got more experience than these guys anyway...

no...i dont have a problem believing a couple of guys carried a loaded safe out...you seem to be the only one having a problem believing any of this...sorry if it took the attention off of you...

Okay, so now this robbery was so well planed that we now have multiple vehicles. Soon someone will suggest a moving van.
    People, this robbery was committed (?) by a relative with mental problems. Yet it was so well planned that they managed to think of every detail.

why would any special amount of planning have anything to do with multiple vehicles?...you cant believe that several people could arrive at a location in more than one vehicle?...i bet they could do it without synchronizing watches if they tried real hard...and ever detail is a bit far reaching....it took em a while to spot 2 guns on the mantle...and most robberies are planned by people with mental problems...its one of the reasons they have a hard time fitting into society...i'm pretty sure you understand that...

I'm wondering why they didn't just rob a bank? Witnesses wouldn't have known them, and they wouldn't need all the equipment they brought to the house, not knowing what, if anything, was inside.

did you miss the part where the cousin was already inside the house previously?...where you been...at skeptics class?...
    i apologize to the op for the thread drift...but guns and more seems a bit preoccupied with his own agenda and apparently watches too much television...

janq...are you serious with the suv?...nobody drives them anymore...at least in guns and mores neighborhood...they pack 5 guys in hyundai sonatas and rob houses with designer pillow cases...(sorry...sarcasm on high)...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete14 View Post
    There is a story involving a friend of mine and his daughter that if I told it no one on here would believe it because it is so unbelievable. I believe the guy because irrational people do irrational things that rational people cannot always rationalize!
    Feel free to tell the story!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    True dat, Janq. Meanwhile I can't get my wife to stop blindly answering the door.
    First thing I did when I got home was to relate this story to my wife and 9 year old. Probably won't do any good but you gotta try...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Maybe. But why would they want to lug a loaded safe up and out, then transport it in (a car?) only to break into it, then have the evidence to dispose of, or be caught with a broken safe with their fingerprints all over it?
    Seems to me (I'm not a criminal) that it would have make more sense to say, "Open the safe or we'll kill you." Then carry the contents out.

Now, according to the account, there were three BG's in the house, as well as a lookout and a driver. That's five people.
    Where did they put the safe? Hold it on their laps while they made the getaway? Pickup truck? Maybe, but five people can't ride in the front of a pickup so a couple had to jump in the back, right? Did they bring a truck knowing they were going to carry out a safe? How did they know?
    Think about it.
    I've heard of this new fangled invention that Detroit has come up with on their cars.

They call it a trunk.

Every detail was planned?

This is what I see:

A house was cased out by the cousin. Two thugs used the cousin to bust their way into the house. They got the some guns, a safe and some other stuff.

It's not very complicated. It's not like they were planning a trip to the moon.

You're straying into nutter territory and are reading way to hard into things.

If you don't want to believe the guy that's your prerogative but perhaps you can stop wasting everyone's time in playing Inspector Clouseau and just come flat out and say you think the guy is lying.

Oh and a word on mental people.....

A lot of you (that's a generic you) seem to think criminals are stupid and the mental ones are even dumber but working in a jail I can tell you that nothing could be further then the truth. They are more then capable of pulling off planning crimes and if you act like they are stupid you do so at your own peril.

Doing dumb things, like committing crimes, doesn't mean one is dumb.

There is a difference between the two.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Links