Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts.

This is a discussion on Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts. How did they "confront" you? Inquiring minds want to know. Or, did they simply corner you until you placed ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts.

Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts.
    How did they "confront" you? Inquiring minds want to know.

Or, did they simply corner you until you placed a $Jackson for the box of mint cavity busters?

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Small wireless video camera with base to hook up to your TV or computer for $99 at Lowes. No reason not to.

A few years ago, when I was a police officer, I had another officer come to my door. He knocked and covered the peephole with his hand, think he was being funny. Not being able to see out the peephole I drew my .357 and opened the door while standing off to the side of the door. He then jumped into the doorway, hands up like claws and yelling. It made me jump back but also made me bring my sight to center mass. This officer saw that and fell back out of the door way. I was indexing on the frame and that probable kept me from capping one off. I learned many survival lessons that day, but two really stood out to me. One, was to never open to a knock at the door unless in condition Orange. Two, go armed always whether at home, in the yard or on the street.

I am happy to say that since that time the only dangerous encounter at my door has been the same as many of yours, the Girl Scouts with their lethal cookies. I sadly say that they are always a hazard to my waist line and condition Orange has yet to save me from them.
    SA 1911 4" & 5"
    S&W M&Pc .40
    S&W 686
    S&W 36
    2X S&W 3913
    S&W99 .40

I was surprised by what a No Solicitation sign did. I haven't had any visits from door-to-door vendors or Jehovah's Witnesses (I do respect them, I just find that tactic annoying) in 2 years. And all the sign is is a large sticker with permanent marker and box tape to hold it up.

Silo: Small wireless video camera with base to hook up to your TV or computer for $99 at Lowes. No reason not to.
    I'm looking into that tomorrow... when this damned winter storm dies down.
    NRA member
    Registered voter
    Make it take an army to back you down.

Perhaps a no solicitation sign on a used paper target would work well.

I must admit that I don't exercise real good preparedness when I open my door, but I know they are coming from the driveway alarm and the dogs barking.

Last visit I had were 2 timid young men that I thought were Jehovah's witnesses before I opened the door. When the dogs rushed past me and outside, the two young men almost soiled their pants. "Do they bite?".. "only if I tell them to"

It turned out they were vacuum cleaner salesman. I suggested that it was too late for them to be going door to door.

Got's to be careful with them girl scouts.....

http://www.jackleone.com/GirlScouts.jpg

Dangerous Street Gang

That was one dangerous street gang you faced with thos Girl Scouts! LOL
    My most recent serious defensive screw up was doing exactly what you said. I opened my door to an unknown and was unarmed. This guy said he was selling steaks in my neighborhood and wanted me to open my Storm Door so he could show me. I said no. He got this quick expression of hatred on his face and glanced at the door handle. Two things saved me; I am a big guy 6'3" 275 Lbs and my Storm Door is actually a Security Door. He left I was glad.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    I hope you had the gun behind your back atleast.

You can never be too careful
    Attached Images

You guys are taking your life in your hands by only taking a handgun to a girl scout fight. I usually have a loaded AK-47, 12 gauge pump shotgun, and a few grenades at the ready. If they pull out their mint cookies though I surrender and hope they are merciful.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    every time i read the title to this thread all i can picture is a circle of angry girl scouts with a wagon full of cookies surounding a man with a gun....this is killer stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    a circle of angry girl scouts with a wagon full of cookies surounding a man with a gun
    It happens more often than you think.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Reminds me of the Taxi episode where Louie was afraid of death and at the end a girl scout comes to his door and he runs off screaming. One of the funniest things I have ever seen, LOL
    Your dating yourself.........worse yetI remember that episode

I have quite a few of the neighborhood kids that 'come and go' and I have to remind myself not to open the door too quickly. I rely on my pooches to recongnize when the knock isn't from one of the 'extended pack'. My dogs are very good at that thankfully.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by walvord View Post
    We have narrow glass windows on both sides of our door, so I always check to see first who's knocking. If I can't see you and identify, then the door doesn't open. Dog is usually yelping like crazy by this time anyway.
    Just a thought, but those windows make your house vulnerable, since someone can break and reach through to unlock that door! In such cases, a double tumbler (keyed on both sides and without the key left inserted on the inside!) deadbolt is in order.

Good luck.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Originally posted by JimmyC4Just a thought, but those windows make your house vulnerable, since someone can break and reach through to unlock that door! In such cases, a double tumbler (keyed on both sides and without the key left inserted on the inside!) deadbolt is in order.
    What happens when your house is on fire and you can't find the key in your panic?

Security bars over those windows only might be a better solution

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links