Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts.

This is a discussion on Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sort of surprised myself, the other night; maybe because of recently getting my CCW license and going to gun stores and shows, and talking ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armed while confronted by Girl Scouts.

I sort of surprised myself, the other night; maybe because of recently getting my CCW license and going to gun stores and shows, and talking with gun people, viewing and listenting to video clips and shows, and reading gun magazines and these forum posts: A knock at the door with a doorbell ring. I immediately got up from my livingroom lounge chair...but got my gun off of my adjacent end table; looked out my big front window; turned on my outside door light; looked out the window again and through my distorted front-door glass, before finally opening the door. Girl Scouts were standing outside and trying to sell me some cookies, while I held and hid a gun in my right hand. Later, a gun buddy and I agreed: Nine times out of ten, people will immediately open a door to strangers, without looking out or seeing them, despite any probable or potential danger, more curious than furious or ready to get back or face an attack.

We have narrow glass windows on both sides of our door, so I always check to see first who's knocking. If I can't see you and identify, then the door doesn't open. Dog is usually yelping like crazy by this time anyway.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I will now honestly admit that, until lately, I have not being paying much if any attention to this, being very lucky so far.

Mic
    Good point, most dont look befor they open the door
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

I always answer the door armed. depending on the character on the other side, i may or may not have the gun holstered. i usually do answer my door, because a lot of times its a neighbor or similar person. solicitors tend to leave quickly when they notice the gun on the hip. you usually only have to say "no" once.

I pretty much do everything armed. My gun is on my hip while I am at the door, the computer, riding my bike, etc. And within arms reach while I'm in the shower
    Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Door bell rings, dogs go crazy, I look out the side panel - gun in right hand I open the door. Gun remains out of sight behind door - right foot is in place to stop the door from being opened further.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

You have to be exteremly careful with those Girl Scouts. They are armed with ninja cookies.
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Reminds me of the Taxi episode where Louie was afraid of death and at the end a girl scout comes to his door and he runs off screaming. One of the funniest things I have ever seen, LOL

Don't answer. They're trying to kill you through calories.

Ninja cookies are my favorite. I also like shortbread. The Girl Scouts are a good group, my sister was one for years, we always got loads of cookies.

Good point though, one should be mindful when opening the door. I'm always a little suspicious when I hear the doorbell late at night, but I usually think nothing of it during broad daylight. Probably something I should quit doing.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I have to admit, I leave my front door open and have just the screen door shut, but it's locked, glass during winter, screen during spring, summer and fall. My better half constantly yacks at me to lock that screen door, heck I use to fall asleep on the couch with it unlocked, but she finally got on days now, so we lock it when were home now together.

I have front windows and usually see who's coming up my front walk and if not, I look at the front window before I approach the door, one of my weapons sits next to the computer I can draw it before they can force that door open if they choose to test their speed.

Dang Girl Scouts anyways, I really dislike those cookies LOL.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Did you buy any cookies?

I don't trust girl scouts either, but they are high on my llst of 'might be OK'...
    I only open the door with my Glock tucked into my back, and having looked out the side window...one can't hide around the corner to be invisible from my windows.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They travel in packs using thin mint bait.

Condition RED!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links