Recent real-life scenario

This is a discussion on Recent real-life scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They haven't posted their releases on their website since they got a new PIO, but here's the whole Spokane Police Department news release: ----------------------------------- Man ...

Thread: Recent real-life scenario

VIP Member

Recent real-life scenario

They haven't posted their releases on their website since they got a new PIO, but here's the whole Spokane Police Department news release:

-----------------------------------
    Man Wounded in Drive by Shooting

May 15, 2006

A man is recovering after being wounded in a drive-by shooting in North Spokane this morning.
    The 25-year old victim was shot in the left arm while driving north on Division near Francis shortly after midnight.
    He told Spokane Police Officers that the bullet was fired by a man driving in the lane next to him.
    Officers found the driverís side window of the victimís vehicle shot out.
    The man was in satisfactory condition following surgery for his injury.
    A woman and a baby in the manís vehicle were not hurt.
    The suspect is described only as a white or Hispanic man with a moustache.
    The suspect fled in a large older maroon or burgundy sedan.
    ------------------------

OK, so you are driving down the road (25mph) and some guy drives up along side of you, points a gun at you and shoots. This area has a center divider to your left and is all businesses with large parking lots on your right. What response, keeping in mind that your wife and baby are in the car with you and you have just lost the use of your left arm?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

Primary concern is getting out of the area. Wife should be calling PD & EMS and telling them which exit we were taking. If the shooter is keeping pace, time to try flipping him.....

Self-assessment would be a biggie- just how badly am I hit, and how far can I go with 1 lung/bad bleeding/etc..

Lead Moderator
    Hard braking for starters. then if possible use my truck as a battering ram. disable the other vehicle a leave the immediate area. Obviously call PD at first opportunity.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I would assume wife and I are seatbelted in and baby in car seat. Then I'd have to go with Rocky, first would be brakes and do anything needed to get away for other person.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I would push my 2.2 liter 4-cylinder car to the limits, but damn my governor stops me at 108.5 mph, so probably get infront of the BG's car, slam on the brakes with high hopes the BG would swerve to miss and crash, then shot his car til it explodes or leave the scene.

... and it continues!

In the paper today there was an article about a lady who was shot out by Liberty Lake (about 15 miles E of Spokane). The car was coming the opposite direction, she saw the gun and felt her leg sting. Fortunately it just grazed her. She said it was a larger 60's sedan. The police commented that they didn't believe the incidents were related. I think they're wrong.

I know I'm definitely driving in condition yellow for the next few days!

Hmmm wouyld hit the brakes hard. If im behind him i'm somewhat in control. If hes real crazy he might try to brake and have me run into him. If theres any turns i would slam brakes and turn at last second(after i got behind him) and take the turn to get away. Its very tough to make a good shot let alone in a moving vehicle. Still not a fun situation to be in. Keep your head, the bg isn't thinking rational.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I think in this circumstance, the BG just took a shot at the guy. It didn't appear by reading it, that he was trying to continue engaging the GG. I've heard of this before, used to happen in CA alot. Drive up next to someone and shoot at them, then bolt. Stupid gang pranks usually.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Links