details sketchy! Officer shot!

This is a discussion on details sketchy! Officer shot! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So far details are not there. this happened one town away from my store on Saturday night. The officer is now out of the med. ...

Thread: details sketchy! Officer shot!

details sketchy! Officer shot!

So far details are not there. this happened one town away from my store on Saturday night. The officer is now out of the med. induced coma. It looks as though he may have known these were BG's. I wish him a fast recovery, and I hope they catch these mother F'rs!

My9 Fairfield Officer Critical
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

2. Remove Ads

Pretty sad but he should not have approached the vehicle when not wearing a vest. It's a tough enough situation to be in even while on duty but no uniform, radio or vest really makes it more dangerous.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

He should have called dispatch Identified himself and had some units respond,Being in plain clothes and approaching a suspicious vehicle isn't real smart,I'm thinking it was probably a drug transaction he stumbled
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    1 officer killed and two other officer shootings in 3 days. It's getting a little crazy here. and The city wants to lay off 350 police officers and fireman.

L&L

I was travelling to Newark that night and cops were all over the highway weaving in and out of traffic like mad men, with no lights or sirens, cutting off everyone. I knew something bad had to have happened when I saw that. Quick recovery to the downed officer.
    One more step and it's on!

Mic
    This officer used bad judgment, should have called it in to dispatch and wait a on-duty patrol instead of hotdoging it himself.

Our prayers go out to his family
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

My thoughts here are, aside from the gun on his hip, he was no different than any other person in this "republic of NJ". He had the ability to defend himself, but the average citizen cant! I am thinking this was a road rage incedent, but not sure. I have heard rumor that the Dodge flashed their hibeams to get the officer to stop. All hearsay at this point. I just cant imagine how many ways this could have been avoided if this was the case!
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"

We've all placed ourself in dangerous situations when working alone. It's the job. But driving to work in your personal car, with no radio for immediate police back up, should dictate discretion regarding ones safety. Without a doubt he is a dedicated officer. None of us on this forum will really know his reasons for making that stop at that particular time and place. Hopefully, he recovers and the suspects receive payback.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    This officer used bad judgment, should have called it in to dispatch and wait a on-duty patrol instead of hotdoging it himself.

Our prayers go out to his family
    +1 On the bad judgement

Prayers to his family
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Sad news about the officer, and I hope the dirtbags responsible are found and put up resistance...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let's all agree that we hope he recovers.

On face value, his tactics look like they can be called into question, but no one has the full story yet. Details are sketchy because he is still in and out of consciousness. He appears to have been followed and targeted by the assailants.

Current article here
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Let's all pray for his recovery and leave the tactics debate on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Let's all pray for his recovery and leave the tactics debate on hold.
    +1. we were not there to know.
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"

A tragic miscalculation by a young, dedicated cop. I hope he survives and that they find the scum that did this to him.

Links