School Shooting in the Works (This is real)

This is a discussion on School Shooting in the Works (This is real) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, Here's an excerpt from a conference between my ex and myself. Any advice would be appreciated. It's in text because that's how we can ...

Thread: School Shooting in the Works (This is real)

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

School Shooting in the Works (This is real)

Hello,

Here's an excerpt from a conference between my ex and myself. Any advice would be appreciated. It's in text because that's how we can communicate best and because it's recordable. I'm gunslinger, ex is Ria, and Amanda is a student and a kid of a friend.

wabash_gunslinger: You there?

Ria : yes

wabash_gunslinger: Get my email?

Ria : yes

wabash_gunslinger: There are a lot of parents pulling their kids out of school on the last day because of the threats made by that queer kid.

Ria : who ?? got names??

wabash_gunslinger: Kid's name is Pry(sp?). He wears a shirt with names on it and those names get crossed out as he decides to "exterminate" them. I followed up on this after the initial and though I don't remember the names of the students, I mentioned that name and got an earful. Banana is one I went to third in line so it's not her ramblings.

Seems that nobody's taking it seriously, or as seriously as it should be taken. This new principal is just shrugging it off.

wabash_gunslinger: I've had more than passing thoughts about taking it to the PD but it would just be hearsay on my part and they shrug hearsay, even from me, off.

wabash_gunslinger: Ria, lost connection. Did you answer?

Ria : i forwarded ur e mail to teresa to ask the kids if they have heard anything about this

Ria : just did

Ria : did u get the part about teresa?

Ria : about forwarding ur email to her to see if her kids have heard about this kid @ school
    wabash_gunslinger: Go ahead... she has my email and it's all good.

Ria : i already did

wabash_gunslinger: But somebody mentions "school" and "gun" that makes me a bit antsy.

Ria : i plan on asking chris when i see him tonite too

That's something else I wanted to ask Chris about last night. The kid's a queer, flaunts it, and I'm sure that if there is indeed a list, Chris is on it.

wabash_gunslinger: I just didn't want it to get blown out of proportion until I could verify, you know?

wabash_gunslinger: But please, let me know what people say.

Ria : i will

wabash_gunslinger: I'm talking to Amanda right now.... trying to get Teresa's attention. Told Amanda that her mom has an important email coming through.

wabash_gunslinger: Amanda4: its jordan fry

wabash_gunslinger: wabash_gunslinger: Amanda, your mother should be having an important email forwarded to her.

wabash_gunslinger: Have you heard anything about a kid at the HS named Pry(sp?) threatening to shoot people at the end of the year?

Amanda4: its jordan fry

wabash_gunslinger: What can you tell me about him?

wabash_gunslinger: Amanda4: he is gay and he is tired of ppl calling him gay and he really is and he threatened to bring a gun to school

wabash_gunslinger: Amanda4: thats what i heard

wabash_gunslinger: Ria, you getting this?

wabash_gunslinger: Amanda4: idk if the principal has done anything but he said he would do it on the last day i think every1s saying that

Ria : i'm seeing it

wabash_gunslinger: wabash_gunslinger: Are you going the last day?

Amanda4: yea

Amanda4: im at the Middle School

wabash_gunslinger: Ok... You hear gunfire, hide. Don't do anythig but that. The thicker the stuff the better. You know that apartment you live in? I could fire a handgun bullet into one side and it would exit the other side of the house. They're penetrative like that. Try to find some brick and duck, k? Seriously.

wabash_gunslinger: Amanda4: ok i will

Amanda4: i g2g

Amanda4: k

Amanda4: bye

wabash_gunslinger: So.... obviously the students know something...

(I just contacted the PD; they've known about the threats since last week and the kid's still in school! Contacting a higher higher friend at the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why wait? He won't say it's "out of his jurisdiction").

Thoughts, ladies and gents?

Thanks,

Josh <><

2. Remove Ads

I do not know IN criminal justice system, but if local jurisdiction is not moving on this call the state police and ask to speak with an investigator ASAP.

Josh,,, I work with high risk behavior kids and you know the ones that will shoot. Do what you have to do. Convince, your love ones to stay home if necessary.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by blacksan
    I do not know IN criminal justice system, but if local jurisdiction is not moving on this call the state police and ask to speak with an investigator ASAP.

Thats what i would do but bluelion is right also i would get them to stay home

VIP Member
    +2 on Blulion and call the local TV stations and tell them School Officials are ignoring a potential Columbine. That should shake them
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Call the police and the principal and tape record it then call the TV station with hard evidence. You can goto radio shack and get a digital recorder, a device that hooks to the headset jack on your phone and the mic on the digital recorder, record your conversation, then move the digital conversation to your PC and convert it to mp3 or wav and blast e-mail it to the media. It is easier todo than you think and only takes 5 minutes for the whole process. It works like a champ.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by kansas_shooter
    Call the police and the principal and tape record it then call the TV station with hard evidence. You can goto radio shack and get a digital recorder, a device that hooks to the headset jack on your phone and the mic on the digital recorder, record your conversation, then move the digital conversation to your PC and convert it to mp3 or wav and blast e-mail it to the media. It is easier todo than you think and only takes 5 minutes for the whole process. It works like a champ.
    You need to check criminal code on recording with out making notification to person, or persons recorded. It is a criminal offense in some locations.

Run! Don't walk to the police station and tell them. Last week (or was it the week before) here in Fairfax Co, VA, an 18 year old killed two police officers before the was killed. Two days later the word came out in the newspapers that kids who knew him said he had been talking about doing something like this but they all thought that he was kidding.

Don't end up being one of those people who "thought he was kidding".
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Inform the police and the school that they are put on notice and that they are to act immediately, once informed they are legally obligated to act. If you only ask them they can and will put it on the back burner, once informed that they must act they will and must or if something were to happen then they are considered co conspirators then they get to go to jail. Yes this works and has for me.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Drop your kid off. Visit with the secretary(ies), and the principal. Have lunch there. Gosh, I'd think you could spend a whole day, in the building, doing that. PD in the building? Someone else to visit with. This, assuming that the "Authorities" aren't responsive. Obviously, you don't do anything illegal, but "physical intervention" should not be discounted.

Call the State AG's office, and tell them the situation, and get names, record it if you can, and let them know that you're doing that(do the same with the SP). That should light a fire under someone.

hmmm scary. Wish kids would leave other kids alone. Also wish kids would not freak out at adversity and resort to violence. (wish teachers could hit students again, knew a few punks in HS that really needed it.) Wish i had a million dollars. Hmm none of these are going to come true. I also wish that schools would actively pursue rumors like this. Talk to student, his parents, whatever but don't ignore it.!

I'll bet if you made it known to other parents that there is a potential deadly threat at school. I'll bet the school would react to a pissed off mob of middle aged housewives. (maybe don't say the name of the kid, he's got enough stress as it is)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

VIP Member
    There's got to be a school superintendent, doesn't there? Also, newspaper columnists are always looking for a public official to ruin. It sounds like a good idea at this point to let one of them know. You'd hope their first step would be to call up the principal's office and start asking questions. Maybe this alone would spur them into action.

I also wouldn't be against calling other parents and asking them what they've heard about it. Sounds innocent on your part and if they haven't heard anything, maybe they would ask their kid.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Don't call either the police or the school system. GO in person. Talk to the highest ranking person you can. Ask what actions you can expect to be taken to safeguard your daughter. Tell them both that you will also be contacting the press.

When you contact the press, you don't need to tell them what you were told by the police/school officials, the press will get their own statements from them. I would not give the press the name of the child.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Administrator
    Heresay does not count in court but, it does count to prompt preventative intervention.

Hearesay also counts for Homeland Security issues.

The only thing that all past school shootings have in common is that nobody took the warning signs seriously.

Call your State Senator if you have to.

Our country does not need another Sick/kid/kids school shooting.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Witherspoon
    Don't call either the police or the school system. GO in person. Talk to the highest ranking person you can. Ask what actions you can expect to be taken to safeguard your daughter. Tell them both that you will also be contacting the press.

When you contact the press, you don't need to tell them what you were told by the police/school officials, the press will get their own statements from them. I would not give the press the name of the child.
    If you call most any PD in the US today it is via CAD, or computer aided dispatch witch means that it is recorded. You need to get any concern on tape to keep the ball rolling. I have been in the business since 1983 with 7 more until I hang up my spurs and know how it goes down.

Links