Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? - Page 3

Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

This is a discussion on Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glockman, As a SyFy channel addict who loves watching those cheesy movies, I WAS watching that movie and I had EXACTLY the same thought! Instead ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Glockman,

As a SyFy channel addict who loves watching those cheesy movies, I WAS watching that movie and I had EXACTLY the same thought! Instead of, "...please... please, nooo....!" it would be more like, "Click. Boom. Thunk."

Hey, it may work on mutant canibals, but what about "Ice Spiders", "Super Gator", or the "Bone Eater?" Didn't think of those, huh?

Emrah

Mic
    Common folks, it's entertainment, let's not try and ask reasonable questions about something that will never happen, we must focus are attention to the real threat... ZOMBIES
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

I Want the free rock
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Say hello to my little friend
    ...T. Ray

Yes. Go to the night stand or hall table or desk or shelf and pick up a gun or get one out of the corner...then get the hell out of the house and run like hell to get away! No, don't go down into that dark basement or up the steps to that attic with a candle or a flashlight at night! Don't go sneaking and peaking in the woods, looking for or at people or monsters who are up to no good, while unarmed and while risking harm!

They don't use guns in movies because the are all members of the Brady bunch organization and that would not be in keeping with there mission lol
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

I Want the free rock
    I'll send you one but you have to pay shipping

I saw that and thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocount View Post
    Every once in a while, you will find a movie where someone has a gun. I think it was the Jason (correct me if I'm wrong) remake this past year, one character remarks there's a gun upstairs. I'm thinkin, "Alright! Finally someone who can do something." What happens with it? He shoots his friend through a door, and then gets the gun taken away from him a few minutes later.

Its sad, but that's how it usually happens. If someone DOES have a gun, they get portrayed in a very inept way. But, like its been said, if it was done the other way around, all full length horror movies would now be shorties.

The kid with the gun didn't know how to handle it, or even aim it so it was of little use to them. I also think how they usually spray bullets in every direction and quickly run out leaving themselves completely defenseless. No one knows how to conserve ammo. Besides the victims are always horny teenagers with only one thing on their minds. I may be horny too but at least I know how to use a gun.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Well....if they had guns, it could go two ways:
    1. It'd be over rather shortly
    2. It'd be like Zombieland! - YouTube - Zombieland HD Trailer - On Blu-ray?, DVD & Digital Download February 2nd!
    Did you notice how even the different guns made different and relatively appropriate sounds? There were a few periods of too much shooting without reloading but by and large it was still a very cool movie. Anytime you see a guy wielding a pair of bright, shiny government model 1911s its going to be a sweet movie! I love his mag changes. I mean, not realistic or feasible but cool anyway!

Alex!
    Last edited by alexcantslee; February 11th, 2010 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

we must focus are attention to the real threat... ZOMBIES
    Agreed. I've been reading sooo many Zomie books lately I feel like an expert and very confident I maybe, might, possibly, have a little bit of a chance against the Zombie horde.
    I was thinking for zombie killing a .22 would be the best option. Lots of available ammo, large capacity mags, and no infected brain matter splattering around.

Senior Moderator
    When the latest iteration of "The Strangers" came out, I had a dream about it. This was the movie about a couple who goes to an isolated cabin, and three masked psychos terrorize them for two hours. A pretty big flop at the box office, IIRC.

I guess I had gone to sleep after one of the commercials. I'd also been practicing quite a bit for an upcoming IDPA match.

In any event, in the dream, the wife and I are in the cabin, and the three masked killers are outside in the front. Next thing I know, I am standing at the closed front door with holstered pistol, and hear "Shooter ready? Stand by... BEEP" Open door, pie out the doorway engaging three masked targets. Unload and show clear, hammer down, holster.

Yup, the old horror movie becomes IDPA stage thing......

Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

That's a pretty nice dream. At least it wasn't something weird, like you reached into the holster and pulled out a fish or something.

[

Its sad, but that's how it usually happens. If someone DOES have a gun, they get portrayed in a very inept way. But, like its been said, if it was done the other way around, all full length horror movies would now be shorties.[/QUOTE]

Most times they are teenagers and they are portrayed as a young Barney Fife. The way they handle the guns is utterly rediculous.
    It's a wonder they don't shoot each other more often.

Tim

"I'm the evil Blair witch and I'm going to" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over

"You sure got a purdy mouth" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over

"He's calling from inside the house!" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over

Ever notice in most zombie movies, the people are usually too dumb to find a gun. . "Oh. . I'll just use this baseball bat I found. . . I wouldn't want to walk over to the gun store and grab a Mossberg."
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Zombie flicks are the only feasible horror movies where the victims/survivors can be armed the entire film and and it not be over in 3 minutes. MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links