Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

This is a discussion on Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bcvojak "I'm the evil Blair witch and I'm going to" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over "You sure got a purdy ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

Quote Originally Posted by bcvojak View Post
    "I'm the evil Blair witch and I'm going to" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over

"You sure got a purdy mouth" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over

"He's calling from inside the house!" BANG BANG BANG. . . Movie over
    Love it! LOVE this thread, guys!

That's something that always ticks me off in horror films - they're dragged out because people don't own a gun or their cell phones are all running low on battery.

Something else that /really/ ticks me off is how the police always show up about 30 seconds after the killer has been defeated. It may be realistic (sadly), but it's ... just cliche and annoying.

Need more "Planet Terror"-esque films (not ones kids can have access to, but still.)

2. Remove Ads

I always wonder why, if zombies are so hungry for flesh, why they don't just eat each other. Much easier targets than healthy humans. :)

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I can't believe or maybe I missed it, most of those shows deal with college folks and they all come from gun free zones so they can't be armed, Crystal Lake - College Kids, Zombie Island - College Kids - Wrong Turns - College Kids, no need to go on, 99.5% college kids (gun free zones), that's why their not armed.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    I loved it when Bill Murray got shot. Funny stuff right there.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member
    I think that they call them horror movies because they are not armed.

Honestly I quit with Night of the Living Dead a long time ago. Like when Creedence Clearwater Revival was my favorite band.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Well All these movies where the victims are unarmed must take place in Chicago...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I think that they call them horror movies because they are not armed.

Honestly I quit with Night of the Living Dead a long time ago. Like when Creedence Clearwater Revival was my favorite band.
    But you go by Cammo Girl? Doesn't CCR as a favorite band mean Cammo Woman? Or Cammo Baby Boomer Lady? I thought you were a pup.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    When the latest iteration of "The Strangers" came out, I had a dream about it. This was the movie about a couple who goes to an isolated cabin, and three masked psychos terrorize them for two hours. A pretty big flop at the box office, IIRC.

I guess I had gone to sleep after one of the commercials. I'd also been practicing quite a bit for an upcoming IDPA match.

In any event, in the dream, the wife and I are in the cabin, and the three masked killers are outside in the front. Next thing I know, I am standing at the closed front door with holstered pistol, and hear "Shooter ready? Stand by... BEEP" Open door, pie out the doorway engaging three masked targets. Unload and show clear, hammer down, holster.

Yup, the old horror movie becomes IDPA stage thing......

Ha I just saw that movie a few days ago. I was laughing through half of it, and the girl I was with asked why. I said "Because I would just shoot them, not run around scared the entire film."
    $cris@caferacer>wakeup.sh
    sudo apt-get install caffeine
    Password:
    Unpacking...
    Caffeine installed correctly
    $cris@caferacer>startday.sh

Quote Originally Posted by jerzsubbie View Post
    I just sit there wondering why anyone would be so dumb.
    That was one of the things I thought was so great about the movie "Scream". All through the movie the characters kept making fun of all the slasher movie cliches.

Like, always running upstairs instead of towards an exit when chased.

Like always being killed if you say "I'll be right back" or have sex.

Like the fact that the victum can run full tilt, and the bad guy always catches them even though the bad guy only walks at a normal pace.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty ruger View Post
    now you know in them movies no one carries, and if they do they either lose it or it gets stolen by the killers
    I thought In the Hills have eyes the guy had two carry guns.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I thought In the Hills have eyes the guy had two carry guns.
    yeah and had the hero guy been a Marine instead of a pacifist hippie the movie would have ended in 12 minutes
    AND he would still have his wife and baby
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    But you go by Cammo Girl? Doesn't CCR as a favorite band mean Cammo Woman? Or Cammo Baby Boomer Lady? I thought you were a pup.
    This is the beauty of the internet. It's an old nickname for the young at heart.

I've been telling my wife and friends that for awhile. In a general horror movie, it would be over in 10 minutes if a smart person was armed. Just don't forget to empty the mag into the monster's head just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    Zombie flicks are the only feasible horror movies where the victims/survivors can be armed the entire film and and it not be over in 3 minutes. MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree..good cheap fun!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I saw the movie Vacancy, and started laughing, in the car one of them is playing with a knife and cuts themselves on an apple, and go into the hotel room without the knife...really.....

I usually wear 2 knives and a leatherman when I go out. If I was going out of state or my comfort area (La Joya-The Island) I usually swap to bigger knives. I never understood too that they always have that real cute girl who gets one up on the attacker and walks away...

Scary Movie, with "Ghost Face" kinda cute dumb girl is attacked in the garage, she beats the guy and tries to escape through the doggy door.....

My girlfriend got mad and said she would of picked up one of the weights and cracked his skull open for trying to kill her.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links