Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? - Page 5

Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

This is a discussion on Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by razor02097 yeah and had the hero guy been a Marine instead of a pacifist hippie the movie would have ended in 12 ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    yeah and had the hero guy been a Marine instead of a pacifist hippie the movie would have ended in 12 minutes
    AND he would still have his wife and baby
    Actually in The hills have eyes (first one) the older gent is a cop and gets taken out.

In part two (My girlfriend made me watch them) they were marines(or army, not too sure wasnt paying much attention) and they got taken out as well
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think zombie movies, or werewolf movies are the only ones where firearms show there true value.
    Remember head shots only. How about those silver bullets.

Maybe its just me but I always wondered, Where are they getting the silver bullets and how much are they paying to get them.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

They knew the Obamanites would control the world.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Maybe its just me but I always wondered, Where are they getting the silver bullets and how much are they paying to get them.
    I just recieved a shipment from Cabelas of 500 38 cal hard cast lead bullets made with a percentage of real silver in them...well, you know, just in case.

Not just in movies, but TV shows.

I've often wondered how Jack Bauer's well intentioned but quite felonious random car jackings/home break-ins/etc would happen in somewhere other than LA, DC, etc. He wouldn't be so lucky elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    All the time, then I have to remember that if they were armed the movie would be over in about 5 min.'s after the intro's......
    I never stay awake longer than the first 5 minutes anyway. The last movie we went to I spent $20 to take a 90 minute nap...and it was worth every last cent of it too!!! I don't even remember what movie it was.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSubie View Post
    Agreed. I've been reading sooo many Zomie books lately I feel like an expert and very confident I maybe, might, possibly, have a little bit of a chance against the Zombie horde.
    I was thinking for zombie killing a .22 would be the best option. Lots of available ammo, large capacity mags, and no infected brain matter splattering around.
    I have to disagree with the .22.........
    I find it has a nasty habit of going "click" just when you need it
    Here in the UK we are allowed .22 rim fire FULLY Moderated with no limit of mag capacity (ever)
    And I can give you countless stories of being out bunny hunting with my tricked 10/22 working fine all evening until a bunny pops out 20 feet away an "click"

No I think my Marlin 1894 with the mag restricter removed is far better

My 2 cents

Tint Bob (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I always wondered, after putting Jason/Freddy/Mike Myers down for the third, fourth or fifth time, why they don't chainsaw them up and burry each part in a separate concrete block. Then burry those blocks across three states? I guess there wouldn't be any more sequals that way.

Please excuse my off topic banter...

This reminded me... When my wife was a little girl and she found a tic on the dog. She would first crush it with a brick, second drown it for several minutes, finally burn it.

... now back to your regularly scheduled program.

I just got done watching Zombieland with my kids and I learned a couple of things: Rule #2 is Double Tap. The other thing is when the SHTF and everyone is a Zombie, you can't have enough guns or ammo.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Actually in The hills have eyes (first one) the older gent is a cop and gets taken out.

In part two (My girlfriend made me watch them) they were marines(or army, not too sure wasnt paying much attention) and they got taken out as well
    Just got done watching the second movie and they where national guard trainees.

Had they been Marines... again the movie would have been way to freekin short although a hoot to watch
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tint Bob View Post
    Why cannot these programs get it right??? I think it's because they dont want to plant these ideas in our heads
    Tint Bob (UK)
    Yeah like in "Shawn of the dead" - all they could think of for safety was to find the one place that had a gun, the "Winchester" bar. Of course then it was hilarious watching them try to work the thing. I don't want to be in the UK during the zombie apocalypse! More serious and closer to reality was "28 Days later" which showed the "zombies" as simply infected people gone crazy. In that one the survivors (Londoners) are having to make do with machetes, baseball bats, gasoline bombs and the like.

Then there was the sequel (which was not nearly as good) - "28 weeks later" - in which the US Army and guns in general were made out to be "Evil." I guess they couldn't resist taking a stab at "gun-crazy" Americans, even in the midst of their zombie apocalypse...

As an aside, one of my American friends "stationed" in the UK from my previous job flew back to America for a week, just to have dental work done! He didn't want to trust himself to the system there, for some reason...apparently he would have had to wait for a ridiculously long time to get the work done. Socialized health care, gun confiscation, Big Brother banning kitchen knives, home invasions on the rise, overrun by Muslims...why would anyone want to live in the UK if they didn't have to?
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    shawn of the dead was specifically a spoof.. a comedy of sorts. I think it was way over the top with the humor. I believe it would have been a better movie had they not had so much limey humor lol.

28 days later was a new take on the zombie apocalypse concept and I think it was better portrayed but the movie itself wasn't all that great.

The sequel was difficult to keep up with and pretty much demonized all American military. *SPOILER ALERT* Case in point instead of killing the immune carrier monkey mother that showed up they decided to study her to make a cure but with minimal security... the outbreak started again.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have thought about it, however I think what is even more important to note is the few times in such movies someone had a firearm, it usually turns out to be even more horrific, but that is sort of the point, to make you feel helpless, no matter what, and gore.

Why something like Deliverance is more enjoyable, because it is not about gore, and more about the (horror) story.

In my adult life, I don't watch gore fest movies very often, I sort of avoid them. Not to say I don't enjoy violent movies that are bloody. If the point is violence or horror, I see what it is about. If the point is blood and guts, not much for me.

The best example is something like Kill Bill. It is on the line between violence and gore, but something I would still watch. Then there is horror, bad situation where they fight to live, I can enjoy that.

Movies like SAW or TX chain saw are gore, and are not for me.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    ...The sequel was difficult to keep up with and pretty much demonized all American military. *SPOILER ALERT* Case in point instead of killing the immune carrier monkey mother that showed up they decided to study her to make a cure but with minimal security... the outbreak started again.
    Off topic maybe, but I disagree with you. While it pretended to demonized, the virus overcame the plans to contain because people felt sorry, and took emotion based actions in contrast to the military's plan.

It asked, at what point does society have the right to defend itself from the freedom of the individual. Not a popular thought for a pro-2A, or for that matter a pro-1A group, but a fair question to consider.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links