Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

This is a discussion on Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Along the same line, are the security company commercials where the bad guy kicks the door in, the alarm goes off, woman screams, bad guy ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

Along the same line, are the security company commercials where the bad guy kicks the door in, the alarm goes off, woman screams, bad guy runs off, phone rings, woman answers phone, Security company sends help.

We'll skip over the "why doesn't the woman ever have a gun question."

What I want to know is is who, right in the middle of having their door kicked in, is going to answer the phone? Oh Hi Marge...how are you? Could you call back later? I'm being murdered right now. I'll talk to you later...OK? Thanks now.. Bye.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Off topic maybe, but I disagree with you. While it pretended to demonized, the virus overcame the plans to contain because people felt sorry, and took emotion based actions in contrast to the military's plan.

It asked, at what point does society have the right to defend itself from the freedom of the individual. Not a popular thought for a pro-2A, or for that matter a pro-1A group, but a fair question to consider.
    they didn't take an emotional plan they wanted to make a cure for a disease that was already contained... I only saw the movie once but I though I remembered them wanting to make a biological weapon too.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    Along the same line, are the security company commercials where the bad guy kicks the door in, the alarm goes off, woman screams, bad guy runs off, phone rings, woman answers phone, Security company sends help.

We'll skip over the "why doesn't the woman ever have a gun question."

What I want to know is is who, right in the middle of having their door kicked in, is going to answer the phone? Oh Hi Marge...how are you? Could you call back later? I'm being murdered right now. I'll talk to you later...OK? Thanks now.. Bye.
    Agreed. Why not have a speaker that shouts

"Break in detected!, dispatching hunter killers! Arival time in 20 seconds....19.....18..."
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    they didn't take an emotional plan they wanted to make a cure for a disease that was already contained... I only saw the movie once but I though I remembered them wanting to make a biological weapon too...
    Neither 1 or 2 was truely anti-military, as often non-military were equaly at fault for the cause. Your correct that they (the individuals) wanted a cure, but in addition emotion due to it being a child (wife, etc), caused a handful of soldier and those in charge to break containment rules. The military's containment plan was not followed, because of the caring of individuals toward individuals.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

In movies most often those who are armed just wind up shooting themselves, shooting a 'friendly' by 'accident' or end up being disarmed by their attacker and having the gun used against them or their friends.

The people who retain their guns and use them to high functional regard very much tend to be edgy and sketchy types bad who want to do good (Fonda & Bronson), or good who tend to act badly (Eastwood & Wayne).

- Jerry Bruckheimer

"Hey homie! Is that my briefcase?" - Tom Cruise, 'Collateral'
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I loved it when Bill Murray got shot. Funny stuff right there.

Jeeze! just too funny, should be in every concealed carry class to illustrate a really bad ND/accidental shooting!

Oh and zombies are just too slow to get you as long as your "Aroebics" are good and you can reload that side by side 12ga real fast.

First thing I'd do in a zombie EOW situation is break into the NG Armory and pick up plenty of "Rock-N-Roll" and a armored Hummer with a .50cal or 20 mikemike.

The other really funny zombie movie is the one where the survivors are holed up in a mall. In one scene they are on the roof catching rays and playing "Kill the Cleb" with the obvious NRA member across the street! "Burt Renyolds", "Jay Leano" "Elvis", etc. Great shooting dude! He must have been a reloader too!

Mike
    Peace Out!

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeroesch View Post
    The other really funny zombie movie is the one where the survivors are holed up in a mall. In one scene they are on the roof catching rays and playing "Kill the Cleb" with the obvious NRA member across the street! "Burt Renyolds", "Jay Leano" "Elvis", etc. Great shooting dude! He must have been a reloader too!
    That was the newer Dawn of the dead.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I made these last Halloween:

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by mikeroesch View Post
    But not a survivalist. He had almost no food in the shop so he was starving to death...oh yeah in the 'extras' on the DVD there're a few pretty good "short films" - one of them shows what happened from "Andy's" (the gun shop owner) point of view. Another one follows a local news station during the outbreak, kind of interesting too. I like when they add the shorts to the DVDs.

Okay, revealing my zombie-movie addiction here: This was the one (so far) George Romero movie where he broke his own canon. "Fast" zombies...all his other movies are "slow" zombies. I like the slow ones better. Yes, I spend too much time watching movies.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    shawn of the dead was specifically a spoof.. a comedy of sorts.
    Er, yeah, I got that. I saw a review where it was described as a comedy where all of the actors EXCEPT the zombies knew it was a comedy. Pretty apt description. I love the part where they are trained to act like zombies by the drama major.

I think it was way over the top with the humor. I believe it would have been a better movie had they not had so much limey humor lol.
    Well, understandable in that the director and all of the main characters were Brits. I kind of liked the humor - there was a lot there most Americans might not "get" - I was stationed in UK for awhile and I spotted several little subtle things that were just LOL hilarious. Incidentally the 2 main characters had cameos as zombies in George Romero's "Land of the Dead."

28 days later was a new take on the zombie apocalypse concept and I think it was better portrayed but the movie itself wasn't all that great.
    Not really a new concept, the infected..."Andromeda Strain," "Half-life", and more recently, "The crazies" (that one was better than 28 days later, IMO).

The sequel was difficult to keep up with and pretty much demonized all American military.
    Yeah that pissed me off too.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksabre View Post
    But not a survivalist. He had almost no food in the shop so he was starving to death...oh yeah in the 'extras' on the DVD there're a few pretty good "short films" - one of them shows what happened from "Andy's" (the gun shop owner) point of view. Another one follows a local news station during the outbreak, kind of interesting too. I like when they add the shorts to the DVDs.

Okay, revealing my zombie-movie addiction here: This was the one (so far) George Romero movie where he broke his own canon. "Fast" zombies...all his other movies are "slow" zombies. I like the slow ones better. Yes, I spend too much time watching movies.
    Yeah, I have a copy of this and it's excellent. I also noticed what you're saying about the speed of the zombies. Every other film has them wandering around slowly in a daze. This one has them attacking like wild animals.

And yeah, the "newscast" was excellent.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I told you guys that I had loade up some silver bullets using Oregon trail laser cast bullets, which contain a portion of real silver. They look great and shoot great. Too bad I will never get to use them as perscribed on werewolf movies. It would be kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I told you guys that I had loade up some silver bullets using Oregon trail laser cast bullets, which contain a portion of real silver. They look great and shoot great. Too bad I will never get to use them as perscribed on werewolf movies. It would be kinda fun.
    You might want to set up a different BOB (bug out bag), for various scenarios. One could have your normal SHTF-type survival gear, the other could have your silver bullets, maybe a crucifix or two, a mallet, some stakes, a little vial of holy water...

Now I'm remembering some movie where the vampires and the werewolves were at war...the ww (I think) had these bullets that had some kind of light source in them, you shoot the vampire and the "daylight" stored in the bullet kills it. Wonder if "Cheaper Than Dirt" has any of those? Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Yeah, I have a copy of this and it's excellent. I also noticed what you're saying about the speed of the zombies. Every other film has them wandering around slowly in a daze. This one has them attacking like wild animals.
    Yeah it's just not fair when the zombies can run all out and never get out of breath (since they don't breathe)...it's not fair, I tell you.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    "Horror flicks; have you ever wondered"...why they never take place in switzerland? Coz Jason Vorhees wouldnt stand a chance against a nation where gun ownership is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    All the time, then I have to remember that if they were armed the movie would be over in about 5 min.'s after the intro's......
    I agree. Thats what I was thinking. but then on second thought, how many of those BG's in the horror movies keep coming back to life after being shot?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links