Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

This is a discussion on Horror flicks; have you ever wondered? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sitting here watching the latest WRONG TURN part 3, where a group of inbred mountain men kill and eat their victims. Has anyone ever wondered ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

Sitting here watching the latest WRONG TURN part 3, where a group of inbred mountain men kill and eat their victims. Has anyone ever wondered why none of the victims are armed, other than the abrupt ending to the film? Just wondering if anone else out there ever thought of this stuff.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, while watching a movie or tv show, I have often thought 'that would never happen to me or my family... at least not without bringing a few down with me'.

now you know in them movies no one carries, and if they do they either lose it or it gets stolen by the killers
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

All the time, then I have to remember that if they were armed the movie would be over in about 5 min.'s after the intro's......
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    All the time, then I have to remember that if they were armed the movie would be over in about 5 min.'s after the intro's......
    then I would enjoy watching 30 or those 5 minute movies and enjoy every one of em

VIP Member
    I always wondered, after putting Jason/Freddy/Mike Myers down for the third, fourth or fifth time, why they don't chainsaw them up and burry each part in a separate concrete block. Then burry those blocks across three states? I guess there wouldn't be any more sequals that way.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I always wondered, after putting Jason/Freddy/Mike Myers down for the third, fourth or fifth time, why they don't chainsaw them up and burry each part in a separate concrete block. Then burry those blocks across three states? I guess there wouldn't be any more sequals that way.
    I thought the same thing.

Every once in a while, you will find a movie where someone has a gun. I think it was the Jason (correct me if I'm wrong) remake this past year, one character remarks there's a gun upstairs. I'm thinkin, "Alright! Finally someone who can do something." What happens with it? He shoots his friend through a door, and then gets the gun taken away from him a few minutes later.

Its sad, but that's how it usually happens. If someone DOES have a gun, they get portrayed in a very inept way. But, like its been said, if it was done the other way around, all full length horror movies would now be shorties.

I think zombie movies, or werewolf movies are the only ones where firearms show there true value.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Other than 8plus1, who wants to watch a 5min movie? They can't sell you $10 movie ticket either haha.

I think that's why I have no interest in horror movies. I just sit there wondering why anyone would be so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think zombie movies, or werewolf movies are the only ones where firearms show there true value.
    We have a show on UK TV (BBC) at the moment called survivors
    BBC News - Survivors cast survive swine flu

Basically its the classic film about a virus that has wiped nearly everyone out in the UK, groups are trying to carry on etc etc.
    One group has hitched up with an ex con who happens to be armed with a 12g 8 shot pump.

Point 1....since 1991 more than 3 shot shotguns are almost banned, so where the hell did that come from??
    Point 2....We have large Army bases with lots and lots of tanks and AUTOMATIC weapons!! So why are they driving around with a 12g in cars??? I would be in a armored APC, 50cal on the roof with all my buddies armed with the SA80 British Army Issue weapon........

Why cannot these programs get it right??? I think it's because they dont want to plant these ideas in our heads

Tint Bob (UK)

Well....if they had guns, it could go two ways:
    1. It'd be over rather shortly
    2. It'd be like Zombieland! - YouTube - Zombieland HD Trailer - On Blu-ray?, DVD & Digital Download February 2nd!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Every time I watch them I can't help but think how much shorter the movie would be if it were me and my friends.

VIP Member
    I remember watching the movie Signs with Mel Gibson. It was a very good movie but the whole time they were in the basement I kept thinking "Where is the side by side 12 gauge?". I mean, EVERYBODY in the country has a hunting shotgun, why didn't they.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I wonder that all the time too.

Same with cell phones. I notice that almost every movie takes great pains to show someone leaving their cell phone behind or that they are "out of range".

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links