Defensive Carry banner

Horror flicks; have you ever wondered?

6K views 99 replies 65 participants last post by  Griffworks 
#1 ·
Sitting here watching the latest WRONG TURN part 3, where a group of inbred mountain men kill and eat their victims. Has anyone ever wondered why none of the victims are armed, other than the abrupt ending to the film? Just wondering if anone else out there ever thought of this stuff.

#4 ·
All the time, then I have to remember that if they were armed the movie would be over in about 5 min.'s after the intro's......

#6 ·
I always wondered, after putting Jason/Freddy/Mike Myers down for the third, fourth or fifth time, why they don't chainsaw them up and burry each part in a separate concrete block. Then burry those blocks across three states? I guess there wouldn't be any more sequals that way.

#8 ·
Every once in a while, you will find a movie where someone has a gun. I think it was the Jason (correct me if I'm wrong) remake this past year, one character remarks there's a gun upstairs. I'm thinkin, "Alright! Finally someone who can do something." What happens with it? He shoots his friend through a door, and then gets the gun taken away from him a few minutes later.

Its sad, but that's how it usually happens. If someone DOES have a gun, they get portrayed in a very inept way. But, like its been said, if it was done the other way around, all full length horror movies would now be shorties.

#38 ·
I saw that and thought the same thing.

The kid with the gun didn't know how to handle it, or even aim it so it was of little use to them. I also think how they usually spray bullets in every direction and quickly run out leaving themselves completely defenseless. No one knows how to conserve ammo. Besides the victims are always horny teenagers with only one thing on their minds. I may be horny too but at least I know how to use a gun.

#11 ·
We have a show on UK TV (BBC) at the moment called survivors
BBC News - Survivors cast survive swine flu

Basically its the classic film about a virus that has wiped nearly everyone out in the UK, groups are trying to carry on etc etc.
One group has hitched up with an ex con who happens to be armed with a 12g 8 shot pump.

Point 1....since 1991 more than 3 shot shotguns are almost banned, so where the hell did that come from??
Point 2....We have large Army bases with lots and lots of tanks and AUTOMATIC weapons!! So why are they driving around with a 12g in cars??? I would be in a armored APC, 50cal on the roof with all my buddies armed with the SA80 British Army Issue weapon........

Why cannot these programs get it right??? I think it's because they dont want to plant these ideas in our heads:haha:

Tint Bob (UK)

#12 ·
#39 · (Edited)
Notice?

Did you notice how even the different guns made different and relatively appropriate sounds? There were a few periods of too much shooting without reloading but by and large it was still a very cool movie. Anytime you see a guy wielding a pair of bright, shiny government model 1911s its going to be a sweet movie! I love his mag changes. I mean, not realistic or feasible but cool anyway!

Alex!

#14 ·
I remember watching the movie Signs with Mel Gibson. It was a very good movie but the whole time they were in the basement I kept thinking "Where is the side by side 12 gauge?". I mean, EVERYBODY in the country has a hunting shotgun, why didn't they.

#18 ·
I almost spit mountain dew on my screen, that was great

#19 ·
Yeah I've wondered the same thing since I was a kid when I saw the orginal night of the living dead, and I mean the very first one about, uh 100 years ago! But never fear, my unloaded bb gun was at hand just in case them flesh eaters came through the black and white tv to get my little brother, cousin and I. I was ready!

#21 ·
Guns in horror movies are just a way to make you think its going to be ok, and that they are going to be able to protect themselvs.

2 min after the action begins the "macho" man that had the gun is out of ammo or dead.

Guns in horror movies= false hope.

#22 ·
Scary movies wouldn't last long if the bad guy got shot and died right away.

Although, for a special niche market (us and others like us on DC) I think a scarier movie would be dealing with the aftermath and some stupid DA trying to throw you in jail and take away your guns.

#25 ·
I've always believed in the Nuclear option myself or blast furnace set at 2,000 degrees, that would take care of Michael and Jason, now Freddy is another story.

#31 ·
Glockman,

As a SyFy channel addict who loves watching those cheesy movies, I WAS watching that movie and I had EXACTLY the same thought! Instead of, "...please... please, nooo....!" it would be more like, "Click. Boom. Thunk."

Hey, it may work on mutant canibals, but what about "Ice Spiders", "Super Gator", or the "Bone Eater?" Didn't think of those, huh?

Emrah

#32 ·
Common folks, it's entertainment, let's not try and ask reasonable questions about something that will never happen, we must focus are attention to the real threat... ZOMBIES

#33 ·
I Want the free rock

#35 ·
Yes. Go to the night stand or hall table or desk or shelf and pick up a gun or get one out of the corner...then get the hell out of the house and run like hell to get away! No, don't go down into that dark basement or up the steps to that attic with a candle or a flashlight at night! Don't go sneaking and peaking in the woods, looking for or at people or monsters who are up to no good, while unarmed and while risking harm!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.