I was interviewed... - Page 2

I was interviewed...

This is a discussion on I was interviewed... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Next time try my line... "Do I look like Triple A to you pal? Back the F%$# up! :) j/k...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was interviewed...

Next time try my line... "Do I look like Triple A to you pal? Back the F%$# up! :) j/k

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I have to agree with your assessment, Blue Lion. You were there and you came home safe. If you were wrong, all that happened was he had to call AAA. If you were right and ignored you instincts, you wouldn't have been able to post the incident. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Hello friends, a few minutes ago I was interviewed. Now, for new members this is when a potential bad guy asks you a particular question to determine if you are sheeple. Well, about 15 minutes ago as I walked out of a local book store I was on my usual alert. I normally speak or make myself aware of people that are walking towards me in parking lots. I watch their hands eyes and normally speak. Well, tonight I did the normal routine except the guy continued in my direction. I immediately placed my book under my left arm pit and placed both hands on my stomache about mid level and here is the conversation:

BG: Hey you know how to jump start a car?
    BL: No, man I sure don't. ( This was said as I increased the distance between he and I, me backing up slightly aware of what and who was behind me.)

I know that seemed short but the entire time I looked into eyes, my spirit was building up and I knew this was an interview. The BG looked me over and continued to move to the inside of the store never asking anyone else if they could help him.

I relearned something tonight, and that is when you need a gun it does not matter what caliber it is. I had my .38 snub with 125 grain +P Gold Dots in the tubes, a reload and my knife and I was ready for anything that would have come next. My philosophy is this, never go without a fight. Be safe friends because the BG's are out there.

Thank You Lord for bringing me home....
    Amen to bringing you home safely. In HIS grip, ALWAYS.

About 15 years ago, I was leaving a buddy's boat (yacht?) late at night down at the marina in Coconut Grove. It's late maybe 11pm and the lot is lit. I see these two dudes and they split off. One goes wide to my right. The other guy comes up and gets about thirty feet from me at the head of the pier I'm on. He calls out to me if I have a match for his cigarette. I say no and stop. He asks if he can get some change from me for the soda machine and I say wait, lemme check. I casually sweep my vest aside (deliberately to the rear) and expose the cocked and locked 1911 for the merest of moments. It was enough. Dude #1 on the pier wheels and whistles LOUDLY to Dude#2 to my right near a green dumpster. They both split without a word.

I KNOW it was probably an example of unlawful display but I was right about the "interview" and it worked. I did report the incident and the cops had NO problem.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    imo better to listen to the little voice than end up in the little box good job bluemy only fear in that situation would be that he would take a pass on me and find some sheepl but you cant watch over every one thats god job imo good lookin out

I think you did it right, Blue Lion. This could have been a ruse to get you and your vehicle close by for an assault and theft. Same thing happened to me one night at Wal-Mart. I noticed that he had a cell phone so I told him to use it to call the local ph. # for the Police (not 911) they would help him. He glared at me and then walked away.
    Pershing SIR!!

Could very well have been just a guy that needed a jump. He was probably wondering if YOU were a BG. The fact that he then went into the store to try to find help leads me to think he was legit. But had I been there, I would have had to trust my gut feeling as to what to do.

I allways listen to the voice. (I'm crazy but alive). I help people when they need it but not those that raise the hair on the back of my neck.

Administrator
    It was an interview. Everyone missed the key clue. It’s in the wording, as well as the body language, that we can't see of course here.
    Peoples "little voice" is your mind picking up clues that you are subconscious of.
    The BG asked, "Do you know how to jump a car" instead of the more common, "do you have jumper cables". The guy who has cables in his car knows how to use them. I could be an expert at jumping cars, but without the equipment I'm going to be staring at a dead battery all day.
    The phrasing of the question was to start a conversation, not a direct question to solve a problem. I think you were being set up for a car jacking.

My answer would have been "no, I don't, but I'm sure this book store will have a book that can explain it."
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've had met people asking for

the time
    a cellphone
    the bus schedule
    a light
    a cig
    some change
    a ride

and generally I've spared the time to provide it if I had it.

Unfortunately for me (or you), I've never been mugged after that, or have anything bad happened to me.

Guess my point is to evaluate the situation and the circumstances, and don't be so quick to judge.

Once I missed the bus and a total stranger stopped her car and brought me to school. All because she saw me looking a little sad at the back of the bus. I've never forgotten such a simple deed. I've gone to work, noticed a person standing outside looking lost, and drove the person home before.

Sometimes you just have to stop being paranoid. Use your brains, if his car is right there, there's people all around you, and you know how to jump start a car. Help the damn guy.

The BG asked, "Do you know how to jump a car" instead of the more common, "do you have jumper cables".
    It's quite easy to forget which way the wires go. Whether you are suppose to connect the dead battery or the live battery first, or whether you are suppose to connect the ground to one of the frames of the car.

I bet a majority of people don't remember the proper way to connect up the wires.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by foob View Post
    It's quite easy to forget which way the wires go. Whether you are suppose to connect the dead battery or the live battery first, or whether you are suppose to connect the ground to one of the frames of the car.

I bet a majority of people don't remember the proper way to connect up the wires.

Red to red and black to black? If you forget what goes where or which one goes first, the car will give you a "reminder"

My point was that you need to take the totality of the circumstances into account, and only he who was there can do that. Of course we should help a fellow person out if we can do so safely.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Sounds pretty cut & dry to me. I might have said, "Sure, I'll give you a jump. Just pull your car up in front of mine.."
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Since you were the one in the situation, I have to say that you are the one that needed to make the call. You listened to the Little BlueLion and he sent signals up.

So now you get another chance to take the test.

As I Have Grown Older...

in this 'crazy' world...I have learned to be very judgemental towards strangers...
    As said months ago..."Have a plan to kill everyone you meet!" There is an important point here...stay VERY alert!

BlueLion...I think you passed the 'interview' process...

Stay armed...stay alert!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've been in both situations, helping and not helping and one needs to size up the situation.
    No hood up?
    Something wrong there.

Got change for whatever? Red Alert.
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

I'm not saying you should have helped him.

I've asked for a jump before and after noticing how uncomfortable people get, I decided not to ask anyone else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links