I was interviewed... - Page 3

I was interviewed...

This is a discussion on I was interviewed... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey hotguns...I'm a computer nerd and I can jump a car....as soon as I figure out where the reboot button is :-)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey hotguns...I'm a computer nerd and I can jump a car....as soon as I figure out where the reboot button is :-)

i agree with the "cautious" of the bunch. be a good samaritan is fine when it's the only hope the stranger had (maybe the middle of the desert). it might have sucked for him to have to "make other arrangements" to get his car running but to not understand someone being wary of their hesitation to help them is their problem. I've been there, and understood why people didn't help me. then i moved on to better solutions.
    What's this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    The BG looked me over and continued to move to the inside of the store never asking anyone else if they could help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    One thought here, maybe he did need a jump ...
    It's also fairly reasonable to expect that if a GG truly needed a jump, he'd ask until he found someone. The mere fact this guy made a bee-line to one person, then stopped his attempts at asking for assistance is strongly indicative of one thing: he very possibly (likely?) wasn't a GG. Targeted; got made; continued on while assumed to be a BG. Smart BG.

AAA or the local towing company is a great solution in such a case, if concerned. It is providing help, though perhaps not in the form desired by the person receiving the help. Still, the problem's solved and the guy's car is put back into action ... but done so in a manner that doesn't risk your safety when all those little hairs are raising on the neck.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    BlueLion......**** (thats 4 stars) for you from a long in the tooth coppa.

1st. You were aware. 1st*
    2nd. You made eye contact and LISTNED to your inner voice. 2nd*
    3rd. You did NOT draw your pistol and waive it around. 3rd & 4th *s

In the infamous words from the movie "The Untouchables", if your going home your survived rule number one of law enforcement. Your going home.

I quite frankly dont care if he needed his car jumped or an ambulance jumped to rescue his multimillionair auntie. If MY gut says it dont feel right, I listen to my gut (and its saying I need a 1/4r with cheese).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Yep, you got interviewed. I have had it happen to me a few times too. Though interestingly enough I have noted that it has not happened at all since I lost the 110 pounds and gotten in much better shape. Wonder if there is a correlation there?

I think you did exactly the right thing. Good job staying alert and aware.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

RB
    My bro-in-law was 'jumped' twice last year. The first time at the Home Depot just two miles from my house. When he was returning to his car, a guy jumped out of the hedges and came almost running at him, swinging his arms wildly saying....'I need your help....I need your help'. To his credit, my bro in law bladed away and stated 'do not approach!' and the BG turned and ran away.
    Now....if the BG had a real need [his mother had a heart attack or whatever], the BG would have approached from a distance and not been running up to my bro in law. And, BG would have stated why he needed the help. Instead, BG ran away having surmised my bro in law was not a sheeple. The other attempt was at White Sands, NM. A very dangerous place. I won't go into details on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RB View Post
    The other attempt was at White Sands, NM. A very dangerous place. I won't go into details on that one.
    I certainly respect your desire not to go into details, but I am curious about one thing. Did this incident take place in the town of White Sands, White Sands Missile Range, or White Sands National Monument? I'm wondering because if it happened in the National Monument, the story might make argument for carry in national parks.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Red to red and black to black? If you forget what goes where or which one goes first, the car will give you a "reminder"
    Just a little FYI... Red(+) to Red(+) ... Black(-) on the hot car to ground on the dead car...

Red to red ... Black to black can lead to an explosion.

I would have gave the guy a jump. If my battery is dead, I know it is dead without opening the hood. I will open the hood when I find someone willing to help me out.

But that would be me in my neck of the woods. I don't know the circumstances, other than what was posted... But I didn't read any "red flag" warnings in the post that would have scarred me off.

My son justwent through a similar situation involving giving someone a jumpstart of thier vehicle and did make them hook up the cables...then he was put in extrme harms way by means of a bg's knife to his throat.....I say always be cautious and aware of your suroundings no matter what.....Thank God the grand jury no billed him and he is safe
    -------------------------------
    Glock 30 45 auto
    Glock 23 40
    Kimber 45 auto

You listened to your intuition and did the right thing; even if it was an innocent request you gotta go with your gut.

For those that don't know what I mean, read this one: http://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Gavi.../dp/0440226198
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Depends on where you are. Got buddies close by, cell phone? Help him out, keep him wondering if he's gonna be a victim.

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links