How many times? - Page 2

How many times?

This is a discussion on How many times? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I suppose bringing in and wearing my NRA apparel would be a bad idea, huh? Kidding aside; at least for now, things have settled down. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times?

I suppose bringing in and wearing my NRA apparel would be a bad idea, huh?

Kidding aside; at least for now, things have settled down. But it is what it is... I work in a very ANTI environment, so it's up to me to carry myself in a very quiet, professional manner and avoid even the slightest "hint" of gun talk.

For all they know, I've given up guns and will not speak of them again. So that leaves me with only being able to listen to their stories about golf, wine tasting, Liberal political activist groups, Pride marches and Seattle socialite clubs. (sigh) Sometimes, I feel like I'm caught in a bad episode of the former TV series, "Frazier." LOL

This ol' country boy just hasn't found a way to fit in... with my photography, storm chasing and firearms sporting hobbies! From now on, I'm a fly on the wall.
    Last edited by bgriffin70; February 9th, 2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Boomer Sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
    I suppose bringing in and wearing my NRA apparel would be a bad idea, huh?
    Glad to see you can approach the situation with a little humor now. It always cuts the tension.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I agree, glad to see your sense of humor is still there. It may be a good idea to go talk to a professional and get all these feelings sorted out. It sounds like things are taking a toll on you and getting some help in sorting it all out could do wonders.

You should also see a lawyer to get your legal questions answered. Information is power and the more info you're armed with, the more comfortable and confident you'll become in dealing with this most recent incident.

Keep the faith brother.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Any body who chooses not to carry a weapon for whatever reasons that make them the "Anti's" that they are, have no say in the matter nor should you consult with them. Had they been in the same situation, they would have done the same thing except if the situation escalated, they would have no way to defend themselves. Sometimes the fights come to us and we have no say in how we are picked for them. Your doin fine bgriffin70, keep your cool and be smart about these things

VIP Member
    the antis and the people making the comments to you about your gun totin ideals (I can't say what I really want to say since it would violate forum rules)

you are the good guy in this situation.....period

your previous situations show LEO (at least in my view) that you're thinking the right way and looking to do what is right
    this will come in handy someday if you're actually in a shooting
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Buddy, you've got to let this go my friend.

I've had shotguns pulled on me, knifes pulled on me, heck, I've been threatened more then I care to keep track of anymore. It's part of my job. You take it seriously, you keep your eyes open, but you let the paranoia go in one side and out the other. It's called being aware and that's all.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links