Book store scenario (for real) - Page 2

Book store scenario (for real)

This is a discussion on Book store scenario (for real) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rottkeeper If I was being moved to a back room I would believe that my life was in danger and take appropriate ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If I was being moved to a back room I would believe that my life was in danger and take appropriate actions.
    I read somewhere else that if the victims of a robbery are moved to a 2nd location, odds of survival diminish substantially.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm between book shelves hiding...let him take all the money.
    Start herding the customers, me included, into a back room? I'm going to be looking for an opportunity to 'turn out the lights' on the BG...
    I'm not going into some back room without a battle.
    I'm not large enough to be considered part of a herd, I won't be going.
    Prior to the herding I would have found a position of cover if possible and been in the low/ready state, after making a 911 call.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I knoow that I woould be using the boooks for coover and coonsealment.

To 21 Bubba. PM me if you need any extra ooooo's I stoocked up last week and have extra.

Hitch

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm between book shelves hiding...let him take all the money.
    Start herding the customers, me included, into a back room? I'm going to be looking for an opportunity to 'turn out the lights' on the BG...
    I'm not going into some back room without a battle.
    +1 on this. BAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa is not an option!
    Last edited by archer51; February 10th, 2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    Left before closing time
    Me too. Picked up the latest SWAT and Combat Handguns and left.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Its one thing to play "what if" games but its another to be in a situation where your life is actually in danger. The criminal pulls a gun and is hearding people in 1 spot. I'm thinking execution or hostage situation. In both cases someone is going to die.

I do not want to die. I don't want someone around me to die either... I'm not a hero...I'm not paid to be one. If I am in fear for my life I'm going to fight with all my stregnth and every means I have to save it. If it just so happens to save the lives of the people around me then thats ok too.

I am glad nobody was hurt but you can't count on the criminal showing mercy...especially if the chips are down and someone tries something stupid they think will make them a hero.

VIP Member
    Several of these comments work for me. I'm not being moved from one place to another. I'm not putting my survival to the mercy of a criminal.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Computer searches be Darned! Given the circumstances outlined in the OP, I am reminded of the Dylan Thomas poem, 'Do not go gentle into that good night, .............rage, rage, against the dying of the light!'

One who is frightened of what their computer may reveal, in common conversation on forums, as opposed to the defending of their very life, should, at this moment, take a cutting torch to their hard drive, and dispense of the practice of computer use, if it is a hindering thought at a moment of 'fight or die'.

Jus' me, YMMV.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    Computer searches be Darned! Given the circumstances outlined in the OP, I am reminded of the Dylan Thomas poem, 'Do not go gentle into that good night, .............rage, rage, against the dying of the light!'

One who is frightened of what their computer may reveal, in common conversation on forums, as opposed to the defending of their very life, should, at this moment, take a cutting torch to their hard drive, and dispense of the practice of computer use, if it is a hindering thought at a moment of 'fight or die'.

Jus' me, YMMV.
    Post of the day, for the literary reference if nothing else!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Thanks, ARKO. I admit to being a poetry fan. 'Old adages' are interesting, also.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I think the question for the OP is if this happend would using deadly force to stop the criminal be justified...

The answer is... it depends
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I think the question for the OP is if this happend would using deadly force to stop the criminal be justified...

If the BG has a firearm, the depending is over (in my mind)

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post

California Penal Code, section 197.

Well, it's hard to say, but as long as I still had my purse, I think I'd have a good chance of getting my hand into it, and then point shoot him thru the purse. He'd have more than one person to watch, and wouldnt expect that acdtion.

Then draw, fix likely FTE for next shot (which I've been speed practicing lately) and see if more self defense was required.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

You carry your purse while you work?

The OP said the BG waited until the store closed. That meant it was only employees in there.

Once he starts herding then yes you've got to fight IMHO but the odds are that no one is going to have a gun except the BG.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links