Book store scenario (for real) - Page 4

Book store scenario (for real)

This is a discussion on Book store scenario (for real) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Razor, the context of the poem is not lost on me. Yet, a principle, is a principle.............. YMMV....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Book store scenario (for real)

Razor, the context of the poem is not lost on me. Yet, a principle, is a principle..............

YMMV.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If I was being moved to a back room I would believe that my life was in danger and take appropriate actions.
    It's interesting, the instructor in my CPL class, a LEO, said that it seems like in a store robbery, if the BG keeps everyone in the main room he usually doesn't hurt anyone. When they move them into a back room, closet, or cooler, it usually turns out badly. I don't know the percentages each way but it's something to keep in mind.
    It seems like a few people here are of the same opinion.

I also recall an excellent article someone posted or linked to here (I think it was Jag) that said concerning car jacking/abductions, "Don't let them create a second crime scene". In other words do as they say until they tell you to leave with them. At that point assume you are going to die, and you pick the location so they will be caught.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    well... I "need" to protect my life so I guess I would use my pistol out of nessesity.

All life is sacred... but MY life is very important to me...more important then the BG who is threatning it. In the here and now If I am forced to take the BG's life in order to protect mine, I would.

I would also have to live for the rest of my life with the fact that I took his life. No matter the reason its something that would haunt my memories. But I believe if I am alive only because I took down the BG who was threatning to kill me... I would be OK with that.
    i understnd that anyone threatening with a gun is a real threat....and i am not about herding...i draw the line there...what concerns me is the immediate desire for some for gun play to enter the scenario...my comments that this isnt the movies are real...i dont care how much you train or how good a shot you are..there is no way to predict what is going to happen when you introduce chaos and avoiding it unless its necessary is desireable...

what many dont consider is that when gunfire is introduced not only is the criminal going to become unpredictable and potentially wild....the other victims may become unpredictable and pandemonium is a real possibility...one has to remove themselves from their own little "i am in control because i have a gun" world and take a reality break...

when janq mentioned not having a God's eye view...i dont believe he was only talking about what God can see...theres a lot more to the scenario than a well placed gunshot and peaceful justice....

i probably shouldnt have laughed so for that bladen i apologize. but i did laugh at the manager and i explained to him that if someone came in with a weapon drawn demanding money or people will get hurt. honestly what makes you think AFTER he's gotten what he wants he just wont start shooting up the place. but again thats just me.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    i understnd that anyone threatening with a gun is a real threat....and i am not about herding...i draw the line there...what concerns me is the immediate desire for some for gun play to enter the scenario...my comments that this isnt the movies are real...i dont care how much you train or how good a shot you are..there is no way to predict what is going to happen when you introduce chaos and avoiding it unless its necessary is desireable...

what many dont consider is that when gunfire is introduced not only is the criminal going to become unpredictable and potentially wild....the other victims may become unpredictable and pandemonium is a real possibility...one has to remove themselves from their own little "i am in control because i have a gun" world and take a reality break...

when janq mentioned not having a God's eye view...i dont believe he was only talking about what God can see...theres a lot more to the scenario than a well placed gunshot and peaceful justice....
    Yup I agree... it isn't the movies. I do not think I'm police or god for carrying... I carry so I can protect my life if its in danger. A gun isn't a divine item that always magically sways a situation. Its a tool. I learned how to use it. I train as hard as I can. I spend a lot of money on training, range time, ammo, snap caps, practice lasers (the bore sighter that sticks in the end of the barrel) and other such tools to give me an edge over the BG that wants to take my life.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahrdoor View Post
    I recently read an article that said one the first things the authorities do, if you are arrested for a shooting, is to confiscate your computer and check your responses to various web sites. I will be very careful about my responses as I would not with to have some of my words come back to haunt me in front of a Grand Jury and beyond.
    It will be considered hearsay evidence and wont be taken into account, plus they need a warrant(which requires a dang good reason) to take your computer granted they even know your apart of a forum. In the event that you are in a store when its robbed and they move you and the others to a seperate location, that is kidnapping, a felony, in which a justified shooting will carry no criminal liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrdoor View Post
    I recently read an article that said one the first things the authorities do, if you are arrested for a shooting, is to confiscate your computer and check your responses to various web sites. I will be very careful about my responses as I would not with to have some of my words come back to haunt me in front of a Grand Jury and beyond.
    Dont think they could without a reason to seize the computer. Also, cache is only stored for so long. A lot of websites only keep the main page in cookies, ie not every page you visit, so they may not get a lot anyways.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links