Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners - Page 2

Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners

This is a discussion on Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The British Cops are out of their minds. I wonder what happens if one of the cops gets killed during one of their stupid ideas. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners

The British Cops are out of their minds. I wonder what happens if one of the cops gets killed during one of their stupid ideas. Oh well the subjects are being messed with again. Next pencils and pens will be banned because they have sharp points.

Another: We know what's best for you, nanny-statism, feel-good program (feel good by gov't bureaucratic standards). Such a bad idea....and here I thought stupid didn't have a name....it is now: Insp Gareth Woods
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Here you go the cops there don't have guns right? What happens when they break into a Muslim sleeper cells home and they get blown up or taken hostage.
    Uly
    Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

This is just stupid. Enough said.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

This just shows how dumb the government is there. We all know what would happen in America.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

The hits just keep on coming over there. I spent 4 years stationed in England before I retired last year. That place is a joke with there laws concerning weapons. While I was stationed there, they had amnesty boxes set up throughout all the villages so people could get rid of their illegal knives and or guns. Of course, who do you think used these amnesty boxes, the GG's. However there were BG's caught trying to break into these boxes to retrieve the items turned in.

In the housing estate I lived at, I had to call the Bobbie's 4 times because I witness kids breaking into neighbors houses. They would actually go through their loot on next to the house they just robbed while I'm standing there on the phone with the police describing them to a "T". They didn't care over there and it was mostly because they knew no one was armed to include the Bobbies.

Anyways, I'm glad I'm off of Gilligan's Island now and back in the great ole USA.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Two things.

First, what are they really trying to do? Do they have entrapment laws in the UK? Because it seems to me like some power hungry politicain wants to crack down and catch homeowners in the act of defending themselves so he can throw them in jail and make an example of the "cowboys" who think they have that right.

Second, yeah, that sounds like a brilliant idea. Focus on the victim, not the problem. Next thing you know they will be issueing tickets and citations for leaving your door unlocked. (raising revenue to pay for the beurocracy that is in place to deal with you after the crime you are facilitating is committed). Brilliant, once again, it is not the criminals we should deal with or try to stop, or increase prison time for; we should inconvenience and scare the "tea and crumpets" out of innocent citizens!!
    Walk softly ...

Administrator
    Wow. I'm at a loss for words.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    This sort of thing is exactly why England invented the Castle Doctrine.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

In Tx ...rattle rattle rattle kick kick kick....Bang
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is incredibly stupid. What if they startle some old folks and they have a heart attack! Or if the officer gets cracked over the head with a cricket bat....do they just say "oops, you passed" *** are they thinking? Maybe this is the wrong term but "entrapment" comes to mind. test and unsuspecting persons security without their knowledge and they will likely try to defend themselves...against the police? Good way to make problems where there don't need to be any.

Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners
    The day they kill someone via heart attack or similar, they'll be pretty bloody happy with themselves, I guess.

They might well run into a person who refused the government's silly confiscations. Or a criminal who didn't get the memo.

What a dumb idea, threatening people to see how far it goes.

Einstein's words come to mind ...

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The day they kill someone via heart attack or similar, they'll be pretty bloody happy with themselves, I guess.
    They will be happy if a death occurs.....Haven't you heard how high the 'DEATH DUTIES' are over there?

They might well run into a person who refused the government's silly confiscations. Or a criminal who didn't get the memo....
    We can only hope!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Wow can you say Gestapo if they did that here they be taking a dirt nap !
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Who in the upper echelon of British LE dreamed up this cluster...cluster...cluster, Mmmmm, I can't remember what it is called...???, but I do remember that it was something that was really messed up.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links