Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners - Page 4

Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners

This is a discussion on Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They have lost their minds across the pond mates!...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Police in Britain Pose as Burglars to test homeowners

They have lost their minds across the pond mates!

cj
    If we're told to get lost then that's a risk we take.
    Yeah. That's the greatest risk you have when people feel as though their family is threatened.

why does this have "******* idea" written all over it..Am i the only one that would shoot first nd then ask questions ? they some weirdos for that one of them finna get seriously hurt doing that.
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

Excuse my ignorance of English law but aren't the English allowed to own shotguns for sporting purposes?

I thought I remembered hearing that the wealthy could own them and it may be limited to single-shot, I'm not sure.

Regardless this is a retarded idea! Obviously, here in the US these cops would be getting heavy lead injections but the English still have kitchen knives, dogs, cricket bats, clubs, etc. which can be every bit as deadly as a gun. The Inspector is extremely ignorant to think that the only threat is the lose of goodwill of some citizens!!!

Is anybody but me wondering why they can't start smaller, say pose as "police officers" when they're running around trying windows and doors. If they're going to act like idiots, the least they could do is try a little harder not to scare the crap out of people.

By the way, TintBob, try the visa lottery and you might be able to come on your own. I think we're getting low on Englishmen...

And with the political debate raging about the rights of homeowners to defend their homes

I don't know how any sane person that could be on the other side of this debate. Defending yourself and your family goes beyond what a government says about your right to do so. Animals defend their young and themselves. I'm no anthropologist, but I'm pretty sure that a Neanderthal would probably beat you back with a club if you tried to enter his cave uninvited.

'Most reasonable people will say thanks for letting them know and be grateful.'

I consider myself a reasonable person, and this would definitely not be my response.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

I'd like to Invite a few of those Cops to Texas to show us how that technique works
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd like to Invite a few of those Cops to Texas to show us how that technique works
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzsubbie View Post
    Excuse my ignorance of English law but aren't the English allowed to own shotguns for sporting purposes?

I thought I remembered hearing that the wealthy could own them and it may be limited to single-shot, I'm not sure.
    Ok quick run down on UK Firearms laws

Anybody can own a firearm or shot gun providing they meet certain criteria..
    1. Not convicted of a crime
    2. Good reason to posess (self defence IS NOT A GOOD REASON)
    3. All firearms must be locked in an approved safe, ammo seperate.
    4. You must have written approvall to shoot over land, no such thing as out of state land here; all land is owned by somebody
    5. Shotgun certificate (SGC) are easier to get
    6. Shotguns must have a overall barrel lenght of 28" and max 3 shot (should have been max of 2 shot but the muppets did not know you can have a shell in the breech and 2 in the mag)
    7. To have a multi shot shotgun you need a Firearms Certificate (FAC) which are much more difficult to get, current UK Pop is around 60m but only 250000 FAC issued
    8. No self-loading weapons except for .22 rim.
    9. No short pistols, buntline type revolvers are allowed.
    10. To use firearms that are not for hunting, you must be a member of a home office approved club.
    11. Miniumum calibre for hunting deer, currently .243 for most deer although the smaller breeds have become a pest and are now allowed to be taken with .223 (again you must have permission to hunt over any land)
    12. Air-rifles can be a max power of 12ftlbs, pistols 6ftlbs, rifles can be more power but have to be on an FAC

I think that is a resonable resume of our current laws

If you like to take a look at the forms that have to be filled out, look at the bottom of the web page I have put a link too........

Sussex Police Online - Firearms Licensing - Application Forms

Just think.....You could be soon filling out this sort of stuff........

Tint Bob (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by ExHippie View Post
    By the way, TintBob, try the visa lottery and you might be able to come on your own. I think we're getting low on Englishmen...
    Got a feeling that white europeans (non irish) are exempt from the visa lottery..................

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links