Folks, it finally happened.....I pulled my gun this afternoon in self-defense!!! - Page 5

Folks, it finally happened.....I pulled my gun this afternoon in self-defense!!!

This is a discussion on Folks, it finally happened.....I pulled my gun this afternoon in self-defense!!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well Done Bruce!!! Sometimes our spidey sense works overtime and your did. That early warning you had before you even left for the range is ...

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Folks, it finally happened.....I pulled my gun this afternoon in self-defense!!!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Well Done Bruce!!!
    Sometimes our spidey sense works overtime and your did. That early warning you had before you even left for the range is a good thing to remember.
    Sometimes it works when we don't even know why. I've had that happen twice before and I've learned the hard way to listen to that inner voice. That may have been an early warning that you didn't even understand when you "heard" it but it was there.
    You handled everything well, you saw the "writing on the wall" when they pulled up and you instictively went into defense mode even if you didn't realize it right away. That is what separates the one who go home from those that don't.
    Take all the time that you need to "come down" that adreline rush takes time, and the crash afterward can be tough too. But remember it's normal and don't worry if it takes a few days to get past it. The "bad' has passed you are OK now and you experienced something that some people may never go through, let it run the course and just remember that "inner voice" saved you, Never ever ignore it and you'll be fine.
    Most important is that you we're able to tell your story,
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

tag
    Thanks for sharing your story. Glad all is well.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

The bottom line is that you performed admirably bruce21b!

No critique can outweigh the facts, so were I you I'd ignore any and all advice at this time.

• You were legally armed
    • You drew when justified
    • You showed discipline
    • You left the scene alive and well with no blood on the pavement

It all adds up to success.

Having seen a very small amount of combat many years ago I know how disorienting it is to be facing death...if you got the gun up under those circumstances, you've got the "right stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    The bottom line is that you performed admirably bruce21b!

No critique can outweigh the facts, so were I you I'd ignore any and all advice at this time.

• You were legally armed
    • You drew when justified
    • You showed discipline
    • You left the scene alive and well with no blood on the pavement

It all adds up to success.
    +1 .....

and i believe it wasnt just coincidence you carried today.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

wow, I was shaking reading your experience! You have to thank God that the BG had a knife and not a gun as he would have had the jump on you.

I often have thought of something like this happening at the car wash, I always try to look at both ends of the bay every few seconds just to check for suspicious activity. I live in a small town which has 3 self service car washes, two of which I no longer go to. One is on the outskirts of a "bad neighborhood" and the other is on a dead end road by a couple of vacant buildings. The one I will go to has an attendant there most of the time, so that's a plus.
    Glad you made it home safe, hopefully the police can find the perps before they are successful with someone.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Good job for being so alert.this should make us all pay alot more attention to what is going on around us.i try to but, sometimes no matter how hard you try you still miss something.i'm just glad it turned out ok.hope the cops find out who they are.

Ps i live in 2hrs south of you in wayne co

hey everyone,

i think im going to be up most of the night.....

I just got done talking to my father, who is 82 and in a nursing home.... a WWII Vet who fought bravely on the beach at Normandy......he tells me "There are monsters in this world that walk among us......and today you came across one"........

thank you all so much for your support and wisdom.....

Hello Bruce. I have read this post and others you have made on this forum. You seem like a nice person and I am glad you are ok. I am sorry this happened to you, and I wish you well. Take care of yourself, John.

Distinguished Member
    Bruce, sorry you had to go through this today. Humans can just be monsters. You will feel violated, and anger. Time has a wonderful way of healing that.

1st---proof that you do not have to shoot just because you draw, your gun did it's job 100% effective with-out a shot being fired. Happens every day, we just don't get to hear about all of them.

2nd---go buy your self a nice small pocket gun, something that can ALWAYS be with you. Carry the Glock with it when you can, but trust me, having something that can slip in the pocket is nice. It will also help get your mind off the experience you had today.

It's nice to be home, could have turned out to be a hospital stay, or worse yet. You dun good.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Well played, my fellow Kentuckian...glad you're ok.

Many have said it before me, but Well Done sir! I have not yet started to carry outside my house, but your story certainly has me thinking about it harder. You may not sleep well tonight, but hopefully soon you will sleep well knowing that you handle yourself well. Say thanks to your father from me for his duty at Normandy, my grandfather was there as well. It is because of men like them that we enjoy our freedom today and we as a nation should never forget that!

Adrenaline changes all the senses...you had a situation that we all talk about, but hope it never happens.
    Sounds like you did everything needed to stay alive.
    Job well done, and glad you are talkin' and walkin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    If the car wash does have cameras this would make one hell of a training video! Good job.

bruce,

You done good, sir!

You were alert and aware.
    You reacted well without overreacting.
    You stopped the threat.

Can't ask for more than that.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Links