Defensive Carry banner

Pull A Gun Out Of Your Pants Not A Rabbit...

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  AgentX 
#1 ·
APRIL 26--Magician David Copperfield was robbed at gunpoint

Sunday night by a quartet of Florida teenagers who were nabbed minutes later by West Palm Beach cops. Copperfield, 49, and two female assistants were returning to their tour bus after a post-show dinner when a car carrying the four teens drove up behind them. According to police reports, copies of which you can find below, Dwayne Riley, 18, and a 17-year-old pal emerged from their vehicle brandishing handguns and announced the 11:15 PM stickup. The magician's assistants, Cathy Daly and Mia Violmut, turned over cash, plane tickets, a passport, and a cellphone. But while one gunman repeatedly told Copperfield (real name: David Kotkin) to "give him his belongings," the entertainer "did not hand over anything," according to a police account. The gunmen escaped in a waiting Malibu, but not before Daly jotted down the Chevy's license plate and called 911. Ten minutes later, police pulled over a car carrying Riley and three 17-year-old boys, whose names police have not released. After they were identified by Copperfield and his associates, the youths were arrested and charged with armed robbery. Riley, pictured here in a Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office mug shot, and his underage cohorts are being held without bail.

#3 ·
Glad they caught the punks.

People in Copperfield's position should be especially wary when out and about - they are often considered rich and easy pickings - as was this instance.

Pity he didn't wave his magic wand - but he is only a master of illusion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shucks QK - all those report sheets - impressed!

#6 ·
I'd imagine carrying when you are a celebrity is discouraged. Sounds like a lawsuit magnet and big time bad pr. But a semi famous guy like copperfield( i wouldn't know if he passed me on the street.) That doesn't have a armed bodyguard should consider it.

#7 ·
NewsFlash David Copperfield Did Have A Gun

But, he decided not to use it.

Police Photo Of The Copperfield Firearm. :rofl:

Sorry Folks...I couldn't Resist The Temptation. :biggrin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.