Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there - Page 2

Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there

This is a discussion on Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As he thought about it, D recalled seeing a group of people ... get on the same train with him. The first thought he had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there

As he thought about it, D recalled seeing a group of people ... get on the same train with him.

The first thought he had was why there wasn't more security in that area at 1 a.m.
    Why not more security at 1am on all trains, buses and other public conveyances in all parts of the city? Why isn't there more security at all hours, everywhere? Not enough wealth, basically. As well, it's because nobody hired law enforcement and security folks to be personal, private bodyguards to every citizen at all times. You want such a thing? Go right ahead. Until then, you won't have it to rely upon. Surprise.

Which pretty much brings us to the obvious realization that everyone should have ...

Life is a contact sport. There are no guarantees, in life. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    while carrying does the fact that someone could just walk up behind you knock your wits right out of your head and not only take your pistol but use it against you? honestly has ANYONE ever thought of that?
    Sure.

Being ambushed is one of the great risks of walking upright in public. Should it happen, my being armed or having cash or having anything else of value will be taken into account by my robber(s). Being armed, however, does offer reasonable opportunity to guard against an array of other situations. But against being clopped upside the head without knowing it's coming? That's not one of them.

As others have suggested, it's why we try to pay attention to surroundings; try to not allow folks to get right behind us; try to have an "out" (options, in situations); try to think through scenarios and prepare to handle various situations. Can't prepare for everything, but every little bit helps.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"I guess I feel it's upsetting because I think that Denver is a very progressive city in that sense.
    This usually means it is a town run by a bunch of girly-man libs and there is high crime rates, and few weapons allowed to the common folk to protect themselves......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

If I remember correctly the light rail is posted and Denver itsself is pretty anti . I have heard that Denver PD arrests every permit holder they contact even though the cases are thrown out.

I don't go there unless I have to

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    i can understand carrying ALL the time. here is my question. while carrying does the fact that someone could just walk up behind you knock your wits right out of your head and not only take your pistol but use it against you? honestly has ANYONE ever thought of that? flame me all you want but its just a question thats bugged me for awhile but it does not keep me from carrying. i remember reading one post where someone said they'd fight to their last breath and i feel the same way.
    Why would you consider carrying? To try and even out the odds? Make your ultimate fighting position stronger by having a very deadly weapon? Most likely. But, even when confronted head on, there will be cases where you are going to lose. You can always develop scenarios where you will lose.

But, having and knowing how to use a weapon significantly increases your odds of winning a confrontation. Situational Awareness (SA) increases it even more so. Yet, you can always lose.

Pick the one you want to start with - No SA, no weapon, no training. Or, never traveling alone, always armed with multiple weapons, lights, and training every day, etc. Most choose somewhere in between.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    This kind of news the Left and media does not want out. Proves them oh so wrong just like The Armed Citizen accounts in our NRA magazines. They might make the local news but almost never the national media except FOX sometimes.
    I preach this at least 4 times a week to family/friends I hear ya^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Progressive, yep sounds about right.
    ^yes^ that sounds about right
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

"I guess I feel it's upsetting because I think that Denver is a very progressive city in that sense. But I think Denver is a very progressive city and it just shocked me, you know Honestly I don't think it's as safe as I did think it was a year ago," D said.

Sounds like to me the guy got a dose of reality, and may be just waking up a little from the foggy dream world he's been living in. I don't think he has been paying attention to much of anything in the world around him if he thinks Denver is a safe place.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If I remember correctly the light rail is posted and Denver itsself is pretty anti . I have heard that Denver PD arrests every permit holder they contact even though the cases are thrown out.

I don't go there unless I have to

I live on the south end of the Denver metro area and the light rail is pretty sketchy. I have never noticed the no carry signs but I have not been on since I started carrying. Once I saw a guard armed with a .38 on the train. It was in the middle of the afternoon on the way to a Rockies game, not at 1 am.

I will say this. I will not ride the light rail unarmed, if anyone is going to be discovering my gun it will be well worth it because my life or my wife's life is in danger. I am ok to deal with the consequences of carrying in that situation.

With that being said I will only ride the light rail if I HAVE to.
    "The sheep hate the sheepdog almost as much as the wolf until a wolf shows up."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I think most here understand the idea that no place is safe (not even one's home), and being in the city in the dark dreary hours of any morning can be just what the predators are looking for...
    Cities are not going to print/advertise anything (not required or easily hidden) if it takes tourist/citizen money out of their grasp.

Stay armed...any where, any time...stay safe!
    ^^^^What ret^^^said^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Some of the strongest pro-gun advocates of today are former Lib Lefties that have been mugged and beaten.
    There is nothing quite like getting beaten to within an inch of losing your life to wake you up to the advantages of being able to defend yourself when you are in deadly peril.

^^^Definitely^^what QK^^^^said^^^
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I like the title of the thread
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would be interested to know exactly what he thinks "progessive" means. The way he said it made it seem like he thinks it is a good thing and that we should all be headed that way. It sounds to me like they have "progressed" into bigger government and more crime, I'm not sure why he is so surprized about that?
    Walk softly ...

Progressive is the new catch word (yuppie slang), like "Hope" and "Change".

No one really knows what it means anymore.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

"I didn't think they were paying attention to me on the train or anything," he said.

Condition White all the way...
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Some of the strongest pro-gun advocates of today are former Lib Lefties that have been mugged and beaten.
    There is nothing quite like getting beaten to within an inch of losing your life to wake you up to the advantages of being able to defend yourself when you are in deadly peril.
    ^^^^Yep, for me it happened twice before I finally woke up.

^^^^

It's weird. I'm a 'liberal' but more of a middle of the road one...socially liberal, fiscally conservative....but I have always viewed the 2nd Amendment as relevant and important. I didnt grow up with guns, but grew up neutral.

And no 'major event' convinced me to get a gun. I just did...the time seemed right and I was interested and decided it was a prudent choice.

That's just me, not a overview of the general population
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

So what you are really implying is that Sarah needs a beat down!!!!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links