Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there

This is a discussion on Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another example of a grass eater who thinks LEOs should be everywhere to protect him. This is also an example of how many violent crime ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another grass eater who thinks the police should be there

Another example of a grass eater who thinks LEOs should be everywhere to protect him.

This is also an example of how many violent crime incidents that the police investigate that never make it to the media. Gods forbid that the flock find out how unsafe they really are and how much violence occurs around them every single day. Wouldn't want the city to get a bad rep and hurt revenue.

Victim Of Downtown Attacks Talks - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

"He told me it was his birthday," D said. "As a joke I told him it was my birthday too."

Instead of a present though, D was beaten and robbed by a group of African-American men.

"You know I got assaulted from behind and so I turned around and when I did that I twisted my ankle on the curb," D said. "And then that's when they grabbed my wallet."

As he thought about it, D recalled seeing a group of people - three young men and a woman- get on the same train with him.

"I didn't think they were paying attention to me on the train or anything," he said.

His injuries were minor, but the bartender who guesses he stands 6'3" and weighs 230 pounds lost an estimated $350.

The first thought he had was why there wasn't more security in that area at 1 a.m.

But then around Nov. 10, D said Denver police detectives seemed to have a much greater interest in him and his assailants.

"I'm not sure. But I thought that, um, the way that the officer said it when he was interviewing me, it made me think about other things happening at the light rail," D said.

Police were telling D that his attack could be connected to a series of other, racially motivated assaults that had gripped the city for months.

"He said one of them, a few of them had a lot had a lot more serious outcome," D said. "The more I thought about it it sounded like they were referring to something where somebody possibly lost their life."

Instantly, D said he flashed back to what he had read, about another young man who had taken the train and was found dead, Nov. 6.

Andrew Graham had taken the light rail to the County Line stop before he was found dead, near his family's Centennial home.

"I mean if it looks like a duck, (it) might be," D said.

On Nov. 19, Denver police arrested three men, 21-year-old Landae Woods-King, 18-year-old Nyeri Goff and 19-year-old Tabias Graves.

Police sources tell TheDenverChannel the still-unsolved Graham killing is centered on a group of people connected to the summer beatings downtown.

While stressing that he doesn't know if there is any direct link, D admits he's wondered if the same people that targeted him could be capable of killing someone.

"I guess I feel it's upsetting because I think that Denver is a very progressive city in that sense. But I think Denver is a very progressive city and it just shocked me, you know Honestly I don't think it's as safe as I did think it was a year ago," D said.
    As with any downtown area in a major metropolitan city, it is not safe at O dark 30.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Relying on anyone else to protect you and your family can have fatal consequences. Self-reliance and preparedness, on the other hand, just might save your life!
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I think most here understand the idea that no place is safe (not even one's home), and being in the city in the dark dreary hours of any morning can be just what the predators are looking for...
    Cities are not going to print/advertise anything (not required or easily hidden) if it takes tourist/citizen money out of their grasp.

Stay armed...any where, any time...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ann Arbor is quite "progressive" also. We had several strongarm robberies/beatings going on last summer even in the middle of the day. MO sounds very similar to denver. Groups of 2 or more young men or girls hitting the unaware from behind and rifling their pockets. Being U of M is interspersed about the city, CC is technically difficult here. Situational awareness can stay on though.

Administrator
    Some of the strongest pro-gun advocates of today are former Lib Lefties that have been mugged and beaten.
    There is nothing quite like getting beaten to within an inch of losing your life to wake you up to the advantages of being able to defend yourself when you are in deadly peril.

This kind of news the Left and media does not want out. Proves them oh so wrong just like The Armed Citizen accounts in our NRA magazines. They might make the local news but almost never the national media except FOX sometimes.

Progressive, yep sounds about right.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    The reason the cities are called "progressive" is the seriousness of the crimes continue to "progress" up the threat continuum. Until threats cease to be threats (either through arrest/conviction or a terminal encounter with an armed citizen) the violence will continue.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

We have a group of about 4 teen males attacking people (each was alone) with a baseball bat. Knocking them down, beating them, one needed 20 stitches for his head injury, and taking their wallets.

In that area (or any other) I would be on the alert for that. And if attacked and I ended up shooting one...I'd still be crucified in the media and in (at least) a civil courtroom. And yet the shooting would be completely justified.

The system is really broken. The only thing to do is do your best to avoid situations, period.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    typical liberal.

But you notice they aren't listed as a hate crime?

i can understand carrying ALL the time. here is my question. while carrying does the fact that someone could just walk up behind you knock your wits right out of your head and not only take your pistol but use it against you? honestly has ANYONE ever thought of that? flame me all you want but its just a question thats bugged me for awhile but it does not keep me from carrying. i remember reading one post where someone said they'd fight to their last breath and i feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    i can understand carrying ALL the time. here is my question. while carrying does the fact that someone could just walk up behind you knock your wits right out of your head and not only take your pistol but use it against you? honestly has ANYONE ever thought of that? flame me all you want but its just a question thats bugged me for awhile but it does not keep me from carrying. i remember reading one post where someone said they'd fight to their last breath and i feel the same way.
    Most folks that CC are very SA while not saying it could not happen , being SA really helps to prevent it.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

If you are aware of your surroundings, people should have a hard time trying to sneak up behind you. Second of all, if you have a properly concealed firearm, no one is going to know you have it, so how are they going to take it from you?

Lastly, I have holstered firearm retention training, something you should look into if you are carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    Hi Folks,
    As others have pointed out, be very SA and keep your back against the wall. If someone starts moving to flank you confront them as in " don't get behind me".
    Best to all.
    Pixs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links