Really Happened

This is a discussion on Really Happened within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pikachu711 Believe it or not I would have felt the same way even if I had been stabbed. If I had been ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Happened

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Believe it or not I would have felt the same way even if I had been stabbed. If I had been stabbed AND shot if the good citizen was less than accurate I would have been in a worse position. Here's why I made the statement that I would prefer you call 911 & be a good witness.

We were trained to comply with the BG's requests. During each of the 4 armed robberies I complied with their requests. I gave them the cash & within 60 seconds they were gone! I was left unharmed in each of the robberies. By NOT complying with the BG's you risk getting hurt or killed. Cash is replacable. My life isn't!

Again, I would rather comply with the BG's requests & not risk getting stabbed in the first place. The last thing I want to do escalate a bad situation. Shooting in my general direction puts my life in danger. Getting a BG angrier at me makes the situation that much worse. Now my life is in that much more danger.

The sooner the BG is gone, the safer I am.
    Several years back, we had an armed robbery at a bank in Norfolk, NE. All bank employees did exactly what the robbers wanted, no one resisted. As of today, Norfolk has the state record of most people killed during a bank hold-up 6 died that day, some customers, others employees. After robbing the bank and killing 6 people on camera, they ran across the street to steal a car, the homeowner gave the robbers the keys, and twice, yes twice the robbers tried to kill her, but their gun mis-fired both times. (want'a bet if she still has nightmares about that day).

So, yes anytime we comply with a bad guys request, you can rest assured they will not harm us.

To the original poster, I for one am glad that others are willing to get involved, you made some tactical errors, learn from your lesson. We are not LEO's , but we are human.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    After reading a 2nd post of yours, I want to change my answer, if they were drug dealer/user/buyers, I think you should have thrown both parties involved bigger knives so had a better chance of killing each other. After they were both laying on the street dead, then call 911 (check their pulses first)

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvshootr5191 View Post
    Thank you Ride4TheBrand.

First off i never pulled my weapon. I also didn't go to get my gun because i wanted to use it. The only reason that i went to get my gun was because I knew that their was about 15 to 20 people in the parking lot around Wiggins car and i have worked with Wiggins and knew that this was over a drug transaction.(turns out the whole thing was over a $10 bag of pot) Thats all that the guy does plus i know that he always carries a butterfly knife. That instantly threw up a red flag when I looked outside and saw him and his jeep. When i went outside Wiggins was facing the guy reaching around hitting him in the back. I never thought he was stabbing him to draw my weapon at this point. When my manager pulled the other guy away, Wiggins lunged at them. I grabbed him by the arm with the knife and when i did he turned and started to strong arm pushing me backwards. before i could even get my hand on my weapon his girl pulled up right beside of us and when he saw her he immediately turned to get in his car. That was the end of the confrontation. I was in fear of my life when he started pushing me with the knife in his hand. I believe that this was a PC to defend myself. I do not regret what happened or the way that I acted. I am not proud of anything except that if it came down to it i could have defended myself. But what if i went out there without my weapon and he didn't jump in the car. I know that theirs always what ifs and hindsight is 20/20. I hope that i never have to un-holster my weapon, but if i do then i know that i am in a situation that calls for deadly force on my part, and in this situation i think that it did. Thank god he turned around and i didn't have to draw my weapon BTW my work pants have a little pocket on the inside of the pants that i guess is for a cell phone or something but my 40 fits in the pocket and under my shirt. When i'm at work my weapon is in my large car-hart jacket in my locker. My holster is attached to it so thats why it wasn't holstered. I thank you all for your comments and I look forward to many more learning conversations.
    jersey no more.. im a texan now

+1

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Be a witness.....what did you think you were going to do with your gun?
    +110
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Originally posted by Rottkeeper This statement bothers me... Where was the gun prior to the incident and how secure was it? You saying you ran to the back to grab it makes it sound easily accessible.
    Surely the world is coming to an end I agree 100% W/ this statement. I've had things stolen from my coat pockets at work before

As i grab the larger black male (Wiggins, who use to work there) he has a bloody knife in his hand and started to push me back.
    You're lucky he didn't turn around and nail you right there.

You had no business getting involved. Your CHP didn't come W/ a bat cape and your probably very luck you weren't fired. You gun is to defend you

I was in fear of my life when he started pushing me with the knife in his hand. I believe that this was a PC to defend myself.
    Only if you completely ignore the fact that you put yourself in that situation in the firstplace

if you just had to play sheep dawg a CO2 fire extinguisher would have broke that fight right up

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Be a witness.....what did you think you were going to do with your gun?
    Sorry if I don't understand the logic here.

As a CCW holder, what do YOU think you're going to do with your gun when you strap it on as you leave the house? Does being a witness require that one not be armed?

I fail to see how this man being armed is a failure. If the knife wielder HAD turned on him, at least he was better prepared to even the playing field than if he wasn't armed.

Isn't that why any of us carry a gun?
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Originally posted by Ride4TheBrand
    I fail to see how this man being armed is a failure. If the knife wielder HAD turned on him, at least he was better prepared to even the playing field than if he wasn't armed.
    He wasn't supposed to be at the game in the first place

If I knew that the parties involved were drug dealers/users and that the fight was probably over a bad deal,I'm not putting myself into a felony,your manager was stupid to run out into the parking lot as were you,I'm willing to bet if you had been stabbed corporate would have said pay your own medical bills you put yourself in danger against company policy,nowhere in your work does it say when not cooking you must be security.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

For sure if I knew they were dealers, I would not even have tried to be a good witness as I could give a good dung what happened to them. They should all be allowed to fight and eliminate each other.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Came to the story late. So what we have here is two drug dealers users fighting in the parking lot. The manager uses poor judgment and runs out to break it up. The OP uses poor judgment, but at least good intentions, and runs out to back up the manager.

I'd say that the manager and the cook (the op) both got quite lucky.

Best place to be for this one was the kitchen with the doors locked.

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    I'm all for helping innocent victims. But this here was two criminals.
    This....ladies and gents...is the bottom line.

IMO--you should have stayed out of it and been a good witness and called 911....

Knowing what you know now, was it worth possibly getting shot or stabbed over an idiot's argument over a $10 bag of pot??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4TheBrand View Post
    Sorry if I don't understand the logic here.

As a CCW holder, what do YOU think you're going to do with your gun when you strap it on as you leave the house? Does being a witness require that one not be armed?

Isn't that why any of us carry a gun?
    I carry a gun to protect myself...not inject myself into an argument/brawl/fight....between two idiots over a $10 bag of pot...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I do understand that I may have not made the best decisions in this instance but I did make a good choice to post my story. I understand and appreciate constructive and informational criticism, and I will take your thoughts as such. Again.... my manager is a friend and my only concern was their safety at the time.

Distinguished Member
    The article details that the incident was at 7 pm. That seems early for such monkey-business.

ps. thanks for posting the info WV.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvshootr5191 View Post
    I do understand that I may have not made the best decisions in this instance but I did make a good choice to post my story. I understand and appreciate constructive and informational criticism, and I will take your thoughts as such. Again.... my manager is a friend and my only concern was their safety at the time.
    That's what it's all about newbie! You got a mulligan, as many of us have. Learn from it, and our situations and move on. None of us are perfect, and we can always improve our judgment.

Seriously consider getting some professional training too. It'll be the best money you'll spend, even if your on a budget.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links