Really Happened

This is a discussion on Really Happened within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Treo IMO the whole sheepdog myth is nothing more than CHP elitism. It's a way for CHP holders to aggrandize themselves and ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Really Happened

Originally Posted by Treo
    IMO the whole sheepdog myth is nothing more than CHP elitism. It's a way for CHP holders to aggrandize themselves and pretend that their CHP gives them some type of police authority.

I am not a sheep dog
    No doubt that in the biblical story of the good samaritan, those who walked on by must have felt like you believing that they would be accused of having aggrandize themselves if they stopped and helped. It took a sheep dog who had guts to do something. Call it what you choose, CHL or not, I will do what I can. During the Vietnam era, many felt like you and went to Canada. Others of us put our lives on the line, and still will answer the call when morality and decency calls for it. Label us sheep dogs or idiots. I am not impressed at all with those folks who are willing to look out only for themselves, and think to hell with everyone else because he might get his hands dirty, get killed, or God forbid get sued.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Wvshootr5191 View Post
    Honestly I think that their was alot of things that I did wrong. I have invested in a couple of different training classes since this happened. I have learned alot about the things that I did right, and the things I did wrong. Mostly the things I did wrong...... I really am grateful that everything turned out ok.
    Everything did turn out okay. You were inspired to train as well. That's an excellent outcome, IMO.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links