Home Invasion scenario

Home Invasion scenario

This is a discussion on Home Invasion scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With all of the home invasions happening here in Kansas City lets say your home was invaded by two men and they got to you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Invasion scenario

Home Invasion scenario

With all of the home invasions happening here in Kansas City lets say your home was invaded by two men and they got to you before you could protect yourself (it is just you at home) and one of the invaders discovers your gun safe (loaded with all of your guns and ammo) and they tell you to open it.

What would you do?

They wouldnt get to me before I could protect myself. My pistol is on me all waking hours of the day.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

There are many sensitive area on the Human body that when struck would render a person temporary incapacitated.
    And if two people invade my home there are no rules for fighting to save my life. I will put a pencil up their nose if I have to. Or kick a field goal with certain testicles. A persons fingers can be used to control them with a lot less strength than you can imagine. A swift kick to the knee cap will slow bag guys down real fast.
    There is no way now I'm going to give them devises to kill me with.
    If they are going to kill me, they are going to be bloody. Real bloody! And limping when they leave.

As the old saying goes.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man, he knows he's too old to fight and he will just kill you instead.

Besides, I have weapons everywhere. And not all are obvious.

If you're interested in what I'm talking about try reading up on it here.
    http://www.usadojo.com/styles/about-haganah.htmp

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    There are many sensitive area on the Human body that when struck would render a person temporary incapacitated.
    And if two people invade my home there are no rules for fighting to save my life. I will put a pencil up their nose if I have to. Or kick a field goal with certain testicles. A persons fingers can be used to control them with a lot less strength than you can imagine. A swift kick to the knee cap will slow bag guys down real fast.
    There is no way now I'm going to give them devises to kill me with.
    If they are going to kill me, they are going to be bloody. Real bloody! And limping when they leave.

As the old saying goes.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man, he knows he's too old to fight and he will just kill you instead.

Besides, I have weapons everywhere. And not all are obvious.

If you're interested in what I'm talking about try reading up on it here.
    http://www.usadojo.com/styles/about-haganah.htmp
    Bravo, Curt!

I agree wholeheartedly and do the same.

Capt. Art

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete14 View Post
    With all of the home invasions happening here in Kansas City lets say your home was invaded by two men and they got to you before you could protect yourself (it is just you at home) and one of the invaders discovers your gun safe (loaded with all of your guns and ammo) and they tell you to open it.

What would you do?
    This is one of the reasons my safe is hidden extremely well. And why I have a loaded weapon within arm's reach at all times.

Az

LOL I only have one gun and it is never in the safe if I am home. It is immediately available in my saferoom/bedroom.

If someone breaks down a door to get into house (2 dogs will give considerable warning) I will retreat to bedroom where gun is. (They cant cut me off unless I'm in the kitchen...and I'm never in the kitchen, lol).

In there I have landline, cell, tactical lite, baseball bat, and gun. Also have concealment and cover. Will call 911 and defend myself as necessary. They'll have to expose themselves in a doorway to get in.

(Sounds smooth, huh? Let's hope I never had to find out)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Depends on the situation if I feel my life is in danger and I have the opportunity I will defenitly go down swinging. They are in my house I know where "things" are that they don't know about. But giving them your weapons is a horrible idea

Originally posted by Harryball They wouldnt get to me before I could protect myself. My pistol is on me all waking hours of the day.
    Bingo

In the unlikely event that they did ,however, I'd open the safe and see if I could get to my back up before they got me

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That's what I spent 20+ years in the MAs/SD world doing, sweating and bleeding for just such a scenario and unfortunately I've put such scenarios to the test on a few occasions. I might as mentioned here not win, but their going to know that I was there.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I home carry if out of bed, in bed CC is on bed side stand in fingers reach with cell phone and powerful flashlight.

870 loader with buckshot is very close by.

Those who dare to home invade need to fear the home owner more than the police who are minutes away at best.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I would have to fall into the category that it will likely not happen to me as I am armed at all times. If my gun is not on my person or in my pocket then it is within arms reach on the table next to me.

If I get up and walk clear to the back of the house to let my dogs out, I grab my gun and stick it in my pocket. If I have to go into the basement, my gun is holstered on my belt or in my pocket. If I answer the front door, it's definitely in my holster, in my pocket or in my hand!!!

The same thing goes for the wife. In fact, I just bought her her 1st BUG for Valentine's Day! So now for the first time, she's carrying two guns when she leaves the house!

It's a way of life. I don't make a big deal out of it. It's just part of "normal" as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a part time ccw person who only carries when "I feel I may need it" kind of person. I carry full time.

Originally, I would disarm frequently when I got home. But again, after realizing the reality of what a home invasion scenario usually goes like, I now carry at home or have it within arms reach.

Do I think a home invasion is likely? No, not really... But as a rule, when a home invasion happens... It isn't a good thing and usually doesn't end well for the homeowners who didn't believe it could happen to them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I agree with the never unarmed answers. It is always on me in some way shape or form, or within very easy reach. This is whether I'm inside asleep or out doing chores and any other senario the imagination can come up with..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I home carry if out of bed, in bed CC is on bed side stand in fingers reach with cell phone and powerful flashlight.

870 loader with buckshot is very close by.

Those who dare to home invade need to fear the home owner more than the police who are minutes away at best.
    This is exactly my setup as well!!! I hope never to have to test them out on anyone, but they are there ready.
    Jamie

Attention Home Invaders: Special Advice!

Never invade a home where the home owner is always armed, has extremely well-developed situational awareness, loves his family, and is extremely adept at ending threats to himself and his family while in the home.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; February 27th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Pete14 View Post

What would you do?
    How does pointing out that it could never happen to you answer the original question?
    Lets see, I have 5 apples and I give Larry one and then I give Jane one. How many apples do I have left. I take it from the responses to the original question asked by Pete that the correct answer is that I have 5 apples left because I never would have gave them away.
    Most of the responses only changed the question, they didn't answer it.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links