I was held at gun point in my car

This is a discussion on I was held at gun point in my car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HI all, I am new to the forum and am telling you of a first hand account which took place with me in 2009 which ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HI all,

I am new to the forum and am telling you of a first hand account which took place with me in 2009 which i have share on one other forum of which i am a member. I am not in the United States and live in a third world country where street crime is very bad. Before this incident happened to me, i had heard about it happening to my friends and one distant relative.

It was a cloudy saturday afternoon and as i stopped at traffic light at around 2:30 pm in broad daylight, i picked up my cell phone to make a call. There were a few cars around me and lots of people walking / standing on teh sidewalk.....anyways, three seconds later, i heard the loud knocking of metal on glass close to my head and as i turned i saw a guy standing at my car window and the barrel of a pistol six inches from my face......I immediately knew that i had no choice and dont clearly remember if there was a car in front of me so that i could drive off. (later i learned that if i would have tried fleeing, the consequences could have been much worse). Anyways, I immediately rolled down the window and gave the guy my cell phone. He immediately said give me your money and put the gun back under his shirt in a mexican carry fashion. I handed him my entire wallet and while taking it, he asked me if tehre was any money inside. he opened it took the money and then threw the wallet back inside the car and ran off.....(the wallet had one of my credit cards in inside muggings have become so common that victims sometimes even ask the armed robber back for their identity cards, credit cards, and sometimes even SIM cards).......

Anyways, this 'transaction' took only thirty seconds, but completely changed my opinion now on carrying and situational awareness....now i carry my Taurus 609 subcompact 9 mm ALL the time and am constantly aware of my surroundings......I completely agree that the biggest weapon is one's mind and to avoid such situations all together. now when stopped at a traffic light, i always stay at least one car length behind and am constantly looking left and right.......

I hope that everyone stays safe and such forums, really help us think of situations that we might face some day....

Glad to hear you made it out ok. Thanks for sharing good things to think about (how can I get out of this location)
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

Wow Pakistan, you need a Shotgun. Good luck, and welcome to the board.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

You are lucky he threw the wallet back. Given the opportunity give them the cash and credit cards, but not your ID. (it does have your address on it does it not?) And they can follow up with you.

I know crowded streets can be taxing in the situaitonal awareness department, but drawing your weapon when one is already pointed at you is asking to get shot. Unless you can distract someone handing them your wallet while secretly drawing your weapon you are at a distinct time disadvantage.

I applaud your decision to arm yourself and stay safe, but remember a gun is not an end all if someone has the drop on you. Your cash is not worth your life.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

VIP Member
    WoW, that stinks, Glad your ok
    What are the laws governing ccw in Paki, if any?

Sinclair Lewis:
    When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Now you can give him your wallet, watch, and bullets...in that order.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pakin in Pakinstan
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    WoW, that stinks, Glad your ok
    What are the laws governing ccw in Paki, if any?
    Arms licenses are difficult to obtain from the Ministry of Interior here. However, once you have one, and start carrying, it is still not good enough for some cops when presented with the license.

Every now and then section 144 of the penal code is enforced during bad times and then no one is allowed to carry. The irony of that is that it is particularly in those times that law abiding citizens such as myself NEED to carry and fear for their lives...

Now all my IDs and credit cards are under my car seat and my weapon is in a smart carry holster or on an ankle holster since the smart carry does not allow a quick draw while sittiing........

PS everybody is really nice on this forum
    Last edited by rstickle; February 28th, 2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Illegal activity

Quote Originally Posted by waltherize View Post
    Arms licenses are difficult to obtain from the Ministry of Interior here. However, once you have one, and start carrying, it is still not good enough for some cops when presented with the license (usually a small bribe will make them OK about it).

Every now and then section 144 of the penal code is enforced during bad times and then no one is allowed to carry. The irony of that is that it is particularly in those times that law abiding citizens such as myself NEED to carry and fear for their lives...

Now all my IDs and credit cards are under my car seat and my weapon is in a smart carry holster or on an ankle holster since the smart carry does not allow a quick draw while sittiing........

PS everybody is really nice on this forum
    We have some good people here pulling the weeds. Glad to have you on the forum.
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

Waltherize,

Welcome.

And glad you are okay. Stay safe.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

good thing your ok man
    XD 9 sc
    Ruger p95

wecolme and I'm you are ok..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

That could have been a lot worse. You got your wallet back and didn't get shot.

Welcome, and glad that everything worked out for you.. Be safe!!
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

This goes to show you that law abiding people all over the world need a means of protecting them selves.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links