CA non CCW ?

This is a discussion on CA non CCW ? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What if you don't have a CCW and someone breaks into your house during the day/night and they are obviously trying to do harm to ...

Thread: CA non CCW ?

CA non CCW ?

What if you don't have a CCW and someone breaks into your house during the day/night and they are obviously trying to do harm to you or your gf. Now you have a gun loaded and you shoot them. What do you think the consequences will be?

2. Remove Ads

The consequences? wow thats a tough one. Well first I'd have to say it depends on the DA as to whether or not he has evidence to press charges against you particulary if you live in a anti-gun county/city. If you live in a pro-gun county / city you may not do any jail time. Second have a good lawyer, ccw or not. I live in a VERY anti-gun city and I believe that if I shot somebody in my home because I was in fear of my life I'm going to jail unless the evidence clearly shows the BG had a weapon then maybe I won't be arrested. But living here in CA be prepared for a civil suit against you by the BG's family. CA really sucks when it comes to it's gun laws, as for me I'd move out of the state if I could. But Simmcity you asked for the consequences, any way you look at it, it's not good. IMHO

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmCity3
    What if you don't have a CCW and someone breaks into your house during the day/night and they are obviously trying to do harm to you or your gf. Now you have a gun loaded and you shoot them. What do you think the consequences will be?
    I must be missing the point.

Why would you need a CC permit for a gun in your house? The permit (supposedly) gives you permission to carry concealed in certain outside (public?) areas, I don't think it's required to keep a gun in your house.

I do know there are some places that require a permit to just own a handgun, but that isn't a CC permit.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I am with Rick. CCW does not matter at that point, even if you were concealing in your own home (which I am sure is legal). Just make sure BG has weapon of some sort before you shoot !!
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Assistant Administrator
    Yes - in home or business is surely pretty widespread as being perfectly legit for any legal gun owner.

CCW here at least is for when out of home and/or business and travelling in vehicle or just being around in public places.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    if you saved your GF who cares what comes next.
    You done good.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

reason I ask this is because I obviously have a gun in my home. It is just me and my gf. I am surrounded by mexicans(you can see 3 bunk beds in the living room when they open the front door). I know for a fact that the house 2 houses down from me sells drugs. I seen it with my own eyes many times. I've seen some of them walking arround with their tie off still on and the needle still hanging out of their arm and leg. I grew up in the ghetto with 2 drug houses on my block compeeting like McDonalds and Burger King, so I do know what a heroin or crack head is cappable of. I don't want some crack head runnin up in my house cause he is on that **** or he needs another fix. Every body knows when a crack head is on that stuff they can get shot a bunch of times and are too stupid to know when they are dead.

Links