Day at the DMV

Day at the DMV

This is a discussion on Day at the DMV within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man I would rather poke my eye out with a branding Iron My Daughter is down from college so she can Shadow at local elementary ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day at the DMV

Day at the DMV

Man I would rather poke my eye out with a branding Iron
    My Daughter is down from college so she can Shadow at local elementary school for her teaching degree , so hadnt seen her for a while and have to get her car insp taxes done and tags ohh joy, so I Put my carry in the safe since I have to pick her car up at school and then go to court house to pay her taxes didnt want to take a chance and leave it in her car , I know I know.
    Well get to the DMV and my GOD what an experience and then trying to make it back out to the car with the usual crowd of Gandbanger thugs and endless berage of homeless begging for money just please let me make it to the plate , as im putting the sticker on I get aproached by to guys begging for money on my left and right as im at the trunk putting tags on plate. Now wishing I had at least a can opener to which i tell both im busy they wont stop giving me there I just leave in the next town need money for gas story which I reply again im busy . as I try to make my way to the drivers door to get in and go the guy gets between me and the door which i give a firm excuse me and firm palm to his chest to push him asidequickly entering my car and getting the hell out of Dodge as the guy is cussing me . but made me curse myself for leaving my carry at home and the system in NC which so limits carry!! dont know what else I could have done but made it home ok.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

VIP Member
    Yikes. 'Sounds like a 'Day of the Dead' episode.

'Like you said - lesson learned.

Mace? Kubaton? SOMETHING! Make do with what you have, even if it's a firm voice. Glad you made it home safe.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Firm voice had to do at the court house there is a Sherrifs deputy waiting at the door with metal detector and jacket up and 360 deg turn looking for weapons.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member

Just curious, what would you have done differently if you were carrying?

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    some times a good butt whoopin is all it takes
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Just curious, what would you have done differently if you were carrying?
    I think I would've waited till I got home to put the sticker on.

Az

If you had used pepper spray or a Kubaton, wouldn't you have to call the cops?

Yep I woulda drove home before I fiddled around,anybody close enough to push is close enough to stab you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by TomEgun View Post
    Firm voice had to do at the court house there is a Sherrifs deputy waiting at the door with metal detector and jacket up and 360 deg turn looking for weapons.
    I know you said you did not want to leave it in the car. But keep in mind nothing stops you from locking it in the car, even at the courthouse. State law is on your side there. Glad it worked out. I bought pepper spray for me and my wife for this type of thing. Something is better than nothing. And in NC your sometimes forced not to carry. And I'll second getting out of their and putting the sticker on later.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I think I would've waited till I got home to put the sticker on.

Az
    Yep!!!
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Fire the DMV

The real problem here is that the DMV is negligent in allowing all of these people to hang around in the parking area.

It's common practice in many states that the DMV has the most insensitive beaurocrats inside and the scum of the earth outside.

Anyone who has to go there is put into a bad position: either take the harrassment (or injury) from the dirtbags or pull a gun and probably get arrested.

One of the reasons it never gets fixed: we only go there when we have to and while immediately aggravated enough to do something about it, we rapidly forget about it fairly quickly.

Once again, the government at its finest.

Capt. Art

ps: When I moved to FL from New England and went to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, I was so surprised by the courteous and professional treatment, I told everyone working there how nice it was to be treated like a person.

When I moved from the metro mess (Dallas & Fort Worth) out to the country I had to go change my car's registration. I steeled myself for the typical bad experience that I was used to and was surprised by quick service, cheerfully given, with kindness. Blew me away! I went back out to my car and thought about it for a few seconds and then went back inside and thanked them for the VERY good experience compared to what I was used to. That blew them away.

I hoped that Id be able to put a sticker on the plate without being bothered, I guess as Ive gotten older my Patience for this crap has gotten worse If I had my carry on me I wouldnt have done anything different but it could have been alot worse they could have been more desperate and I might have been back in a corner who knows Glad it didnt happen and I sure wasnt trusting enough to leave it in the parking lot locked in car , but its just a shame in NC a very gun and pro military state that allows a CCW permit but limits the use of carry. You can carry but only here <----> and not here<------------------------------->
    go figure.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member

there are some STUPID laws that just need to be ignored!!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links