I don't even know where to begin... - Page 2

I don't even know where to begin...

This is a discussion on I don't even know where to begin... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's with the BS about applying for a Florida CWP online? I have one and I had to send in prints and proof of training ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't even know where to begin...

What's with the BS about applying for a Florida CWP online? I have one and I had to send in prints and proof of training along with $$$ and a hard copy application. On another note, I don't see how FL would issue to any one that PA wouldn't. Especially considering they are both shall issue states. Something about the "reporting" in that story stinks to high heaven.

And when did "Philly" start issuing permits in place of the State of Pennsylvania?
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    That has to be the most magnificent animal that I've ever seen! Is it yours? It has the coat of a Neopolitan and the body/face of a Bullie. I am totally full of envy.

I wish it was my dog. This is a brindle (coloring) Bullmastiff. They also come in fawn (tan) and red. They are magnificent dogs, as soon as I buy a house, I will have one.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by phair12 View Post
    residence is required to get a permit in any state. the HCP permits are connected to a drivers license #.
    Negative, several states issue non-resident permits by mail and then those permits are recognized by reciprocal agreement in other states. Also, not all states tie HCP/CCW with drivers license on computers.

However, you still have to abide by the laws of the state you are in.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member

Thumbs up Bullmastiff tangent

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I wish it was my dog. This is a brindle (coloring) . They also come in fawn (tan) and red. They are magnificent dogs, as soon as I buy a house, I will have one.
    Here's a pic of my daughter's Bullmastiff meeting its new-born Mistress-to-be, my granddaughter.

The two of the became a team quite a team.

He was one great dog.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DaveH; March 12th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

**double post**

Oh wow. It looked like a Neo-grey Bullie to me. I have not stopped thinking about the combination of those particular features since last night. Oh well. Maybe my eyes saw what they wanted to see.

DaveH, what a great picture! Those two girls will be inseparable as long as they're on this green earth together. Congrats for the arrival of the newest member of the family.

I am fortunate enough to have two Bullies amongst the members of my family. They are wonderful dogs to me and numbers two and three of the breed that I've raised. I guess you can say that I am fond of the little buggers. The little one in the back, Athena, is a tender two year old, and the old guy in the front, Maximus, is a seasoned but youthful nine years of age.

OP: My apologies for the thread hi-jack.

...........And when did "Philly" start issuing permits in place of the State of Pennsylvania?
    I'm not from Pennsylvania, but as I understand their law the state doesn't actually issue the permits, the Sheriff in the county you reside in issues. If the Sheriff of the county that Philadelphia is in is as anti-carry as the people we see in that video, you can see how difficult it may be to be a Philadelphia resident and be able to get a CC permit.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I'm not from Pennsylvania, but as I understand their law the state doesn't actually issue the permits, the Sheriff in the county you reside it issues. If the Sheriff of the county that Philadelphia is in is as anti-carry as the people we see in that video, you can see how difficult it may be to be a Philadelphia resident and be able to get a CC permit.

Hoss
    Aah, I didn't know that. Thanks for shedding light on that missing piece of the puzzle.

ETA: I just looked up the process on PAFOA forum. Philadelphia is the only area of the state that has a process that's separate from that of every other city/town. An applicant has to go through the City of Philadelphia PD for a LTCF. No wonder the attitude that was on display in the news clip.

I am SO GLAD that I live in a state that has effective statewide preemption. I can't imagine the horse manure that the City of Atlanta would throw into the game if given the chance.

I'm glad I live in FLORIDA
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I still do not believe you should need a permit to exercise your rights in any city or state.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I'm not from Pennsylvania, but as I understand their law the state doesn't actually issue the permits, the Sheriff in the county you reside in issues. If the Sheriff of the county that Philadelphia is in is as anti-carry as the people we see in that video, you can see how difficult it may be to be a Philadelphia resident and be able to get a CC permit.

Hoss
    There are standards set forth in the PA UFA... Philly just chooses to add to them and/or not follow them to their liking. I believe there is a bill in Harrisburg that will standardize the permit process with the state police so localities can't make up their own rules... even though the preemption statue should prevent that, as we can see, it doesn't. They don't like that PA is "Shall Issue" so they make it as hard as "legally" possible to get a permit to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by phair12 View Post
    residence is required to get a permit in any state. the HCP permits are connected to a drivers license #.
    Utah permits are one of the most sought after permits in the US because you don't have to be a resident of the state. All you have to do is pass a firearms safety course with a Utah certified instructor, pay your money and pass a background check. A Utah CFP is not connected to a non-resident Drivers license, it is to a Utah DL.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

The police and Fox reporters failed to report in the clip that in PA and Fla. you have to pass a background check. Glad I am in CO.
    Semper Fi

Oh wow. It looked like a Neo-grey Bullie to me. I have not stopped thinking about the combination of those particular features since last night. Oh well. Maybe my eyes saw what they wanted to see.

DaveH, what a great picture! Those two girls will be inseparable as long as they're on this green earth together. Congrats for the arrival of the newest member of the family.

I am fortunate enough to have two Bullies amongst the members of my family. They are wonderful dogs to me and numbers two and three of the breed that I've raised. I guess you can say that I am fond of the little buggers. The little one in the back, Athena, is a tender two year old, and the old guy in the front, Maximus, is a seasoned but youthful nine years of age.

OP: My apologies for the thread hi-jack.
    Moga, those are two gorgeous dogs you've got there.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Go Marines!

As bad as the anti-gun lies by the police in this report, at least the opening commercial by the Marine Corps was on the money.

Capt. Art

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links