gotta love boulder

gotta love boulder

This is a discussion on gotta love boulder within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i applied for my ccw in december of last year, and they told me that because of unprecedented numbers of applicants the process would take ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gotta love boulder

gotta love boulder

i applied for my ccw in december of last year, and they told me that because of unprecedented numbers of applicants the process would take the full 90 days. Two weeks before the three month mark I still had not been called for my fingerprints and photo, so I called to see if there was a problem. Straight to voicemail, which said not to leave a message about photo appointments. The 90 day mark came, I called and got no call back, so i went to the sheriff's office, where i found out that they "put my papers in the wrong stack". So, I'll get my card on the 111 day mark. The wrong stack.

Quote Originally Posted by davychanchan View Post
    i applied for my ccw in december of last year, and they told me that because of unprecedented numbers of applicants the process would take the full 90 days. Two weeks before the three month mark I still had not been called for my fingerprints and photo, so I called to see if there was a problem. Straight to voicemail, which said not to leave a message about photo appointments. The 90 day mark came, I called and got no call back, so i went to the sheriff's office, where i found out that they "put my papers in the wrong stack". So, I'll get my card on the 111 day mark. The wrong stack.
    Yeah, right!
    Along with...The check's in the mail!
    And a bunch of other 'promises' I can't remember!

Hang in there...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is the first I've heard of a problem in Colorado. Even in El Paso county (highest number of permit holders in the state) I had my permit in 6 weeks

I hate it when I get put in the wrong stack!

Remember one thing - "incompetence abounds!" - it's EVERYWHERE!
    EDC - S&W M&P .45

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take." Thomas Jefferson

http://www.gunrightsreport.com

Hey, it's Boulder. Figures, even for Colorado. What else do you expect from a bunch of liberal and progressive dolts in the most liberal town in Colorado. Logic?

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

It took me just over 4 months in Mesa county, the SO said it was due to a record amount of applications! I got it so I don't worry about it anymore! 6 weeks piece of cake, suprised boulder even issues CCWs??
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

Got mine in Boulder about day 85. I was getting worried but it would be unfortunate to have had to wait, even if only a few weeks. Look at it this way, at least you have it now and it's good for 5 years. Congrats. I would have assumed it would have tapered off some. I for one am GLAD it's still going strong. The more CCWs out there, the safer the world will be.

Glad to hear there are pro-gun folks in Boulder!!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

My permit is through Boulder County. It only took about three weeks for my renewel to show up in the mail. I have delt with the people there at the Sheriff's Office for several years now and I have always had good experiences with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterOfMass View Post
    Remember one thing - "incompetence abounds!" - it's EVERYWHERE!
    CoM:

You can't be referrng to government beaurocrars, can you?

If you were, you must have been incorrect, as they are about to take over almost 20% of our national economy.

Capt. Art

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    13 months ago I got mine in El Paso county and it took 77 days because of the record number of applications.

My wife is going to apply soon. She should already have her CHP, but procrastination is her friend.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    47 Days is what it took me to recieve mine it felt like forever but I guess it could be alot worse.

Colorado state law requires a permit or denial to be issued "not greater than 90 days" after the application has been turned in. I think I would call again and see if they can speed things up a little.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by davychanchan View Post
    They "put your papers in the wrong stack" . It is incredible how easily they can make some kind of mistakes
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links