Letter to restaurant management about "no firearms" sign

This is a discussion on Letter to restaurant management about "no firearms" sign within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet I don't know if there'll ever be a good answer to this delimma. Like religion and politics, one view is right ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letter to restaurant management about "no firearms" sign

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't know if there'll ever be a good answer to this delimma. Like religion and politics, one view is right and all others are wrong.

In all fairness, you have to consider the business as the manager's house, and he has the right to set the conditions of patronage. Would you just let anyone enter your house carrying a firearm, whether open or concealed?

You, on the other hand, have the right to patronize his business or not. If you think the product's not worth leaving your gun in the car, then by all means, go to another place. That's your option, your choice.

As for me, I understand that I cannot carry my firearm anywhere, any time. That's a fact of life, and I can deal with it. If I don't want to go somewhere that I can't carry, I don't go. If I feel okay going there and not being armed, I go.

If a gunstore says "no loaded guns allowed" I comply. Besides, every employee there is usually armed. I'm not too worried.
    Amen to this one.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

I respect my life and common sense above ANY and ALL signs. Concealed is concealed.

Emrah

Quote Originally Posted by Passin' Through View Post
    If they are robbed and someone is injured or killed, because of their policy they are setting themselves up for a lawsuit instead of protecting themselves from one. JMHO
    I see the logic in that. But we had the Von Maur shooting in the Westroads Mall here in Omaha where its a gun free location and an armed citizen might possibly have made a difference. Yet the mall and Von Maur aren't getting sued for it. Is anyone suing Virgina Tech over it? Anyone suing the Federal Government over the Fort Hood shooting?

I respect my life and common sense above ANY and ALL signs.
    two words, Suzanna Hupp and I quote, "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six,"

A DAUGHTER'S REGRET (SUZANNA HUPP)
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Matt, you have made some excellent points there, thanks for bringing them up, it made me reflect and while I still agree with OldVet in the context that you can go elsewhere, I do understand your legal/non-legal aspect of it. I guess it just depends on where you reside.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by can2boy View Post
    two words, Suzanna Hupp and I quote, "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six,"

A DAUGHTER'S REGRET (SUZANNA HUPP)
    You can believe what you want, but this tired, old cliche kind of falls apart when you're stuck in a cell and surrounded by the scum of the earth for the rest of your life. Then you might think, "Maybe if I had..."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    ^^^^ This I understand. Some of the laws that are recently being proposed certainly make sense. That if a buisness or lacation requires person to be disarmed, that buisness is then liable for their safety. I have always thought, that if I were disarmed and harmed in one of these places, that I would sue them. I believe that it is understood that if a place of buisness asks you to disarm, then they are liable for my safety. I would certainly sue, and most likely lose.
    Maybe more people should do that.

Yes, they would probably lose, but it might also start to get a point across - and it's not cheap to fight lawsuits, even when you win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links