TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED - Page 3

TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

This is a discussion on TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Boneheadedness and attention seeking behavior aside, I do not understand how they have the grounds to revoke his CCP since he has not been charged ...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

Boneheadedness and attention seeking behavior aside, I do not understand how they have the grounds to revoke his CCP since he has not been charged or convicted of a crime.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Airsoft guns have orange tips, he was attempting to make it seem like he was carrying a toy. I support conceal carry and even open carry, but do not support a man who attempts to pass his gun off as a toy, and walks around with an Ak-47 pistol in his hand.

Under no realm of crazy would I ever support that man.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Boneheadedness and attention seeking behavior aside, I do not understand how they have the grounds to revoke his CCP since he has not been charged or convicted of a crime.
    Depends on the state in which he lives. Perhaps in his state it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon if a person is either a moron or insane. And he appears to fit both of those descriptions.

Common you folks who defend this guys actions (): If your wife and kids were walking down the street and you saw some A-hole carrying what appeared to be a shortened AK-47, you wouldn't do all of these actions?:

1. Wet yourself.
    2. Get your family off the streets immediately.
    3. Get ready to blow this friggin' idiots head off if he made ANY threatening movements.

If your SA was working, I think you would. (PS: The braver amongst us may forgo Number 1 though...).

-Bill

Yeah, I gotta agree with Bill. I would have: 1) got the hell out of dodge, and 2) called him in. SA would say something's off with this guy, or he knows something I don't.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calley View Post
    Common you folks who defend this guys actions (): If your wife and kids were walking down the street and you saw some A-hole carrying what appeared to be a shortened AK-47, you wouldn't do all of these actions?:

1. Wet yourself.
    3. Get ready to blow this friggin' idiots head off if he made ANY threatening movements.
    I would get the heck out of there as quickly as possible.

That said, if he didn't break any law he should not be punished. The moment people start being punished by the government based on whim is the moment we go from a civil, democratic society to tyranny. The law must be followed.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Calley View Post
    Depends on the state in which he lives. Perhaps in his state it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon if a person is either a moron or insane. And he appears to fit both of those descriptions.

1. Wet yourself.

If your SA was working, I think you would. (PS: The braver amongst us may forgo Number 1 though...).

-Bill

I'm neither defending him or his actions. I've read nothing about him before this thread and he means nothing to me. Sounds like an idiot to me. From a broader standpoint than this situation, I am simply asking what grounds does TN have to revoke someone's CCP if they have committed no crime.

Where do you draw the line. There are a lot of people out there who think anyone that carries a gun is either a moron or insane. What if you were open carrying a 1911 cocked and locked and people thought this was equally insane, called the police, and they revoked your CCP?

Once they start revoking permits based on opinion rather than objective law, then who gets to determine the rightness of that opinion?

Like I said, I have no dog in this fight. I'm not in TN and could really care less about the individual. Perhaps TN law says they have the right to revoke any CCP with or without cause. I don't know. The principle behind the revokation of CCPs should matter to all of us.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I have been following this guys post for quite awhile. He walks on the boarder line of the law and common sense. I do agree that if he was legal then he should not have been arrested.
    I think he has done more harm than good for gun rights avocates.
    Just my $0.02 worth.
    +1 agree, this guy tries too show how stupid some of the gun laws are, however for the "sheep" it scares the heck out of them.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Originally Posted by IWLAFART He walks on the boarder line of the law
    No, he doesnt. his actions are 100% legal and he's never been charged W/ a crime in relation to his OC activities.

Originally posted by TheOhioan but do not support a man who attempts to pass his gun off as a toy, and walks around with an Ak-47 pistol in his hand.
    He never walked around W/ the AK type pistol in his hand do try to keep up.

Originally Posted by Bill Calley Common you folks who defend this guys actions (): If your wife and kids were walking down the street and you saw some A-hole carrying what appeared to be a shortened AK-47, you wouldn't do all of these actions?:

1. Wet yourself.

If my SA was working I would have already noted that he wasn't taking any threatening actions and responded accordingly

I understand what you are saying, BugDude, but as I also said in an earlier post, this A-hole could be the poster-boy for the gun grabbing Brady Bunch.

Also, it's quite clear that people like him MASSIVELY harm open (and concealed) carry in a BIG way: All it takes is enough folks and their representatives to say, "What, you mean it's actually legal to walk CARRYING a firearm in your hands on the streets that my family and I walk on every day?? My god, we have to pass a law banning the carrying of firearms, PERIOD!".

And as far as the state "unfairly" taking this sub-moron's CCW away, I think many people here may not fully realize the laws and powers that prosecutors can work under to keep things on an even keel: They probably could have gotten (or threatened to get) Mr. *****-fer-brains on any number of charges, such as: "brandishing a weapon", "intimidation", "reckless endangerment", "disturbing the peace", "disorderly conduct", etc. I've probably missed quite a few others.

With the spate of shootings caused by crazy people who come into areas openly carrying unholstered weapons, this kind of irresponsible cr@p we really don't need, and we certainly shouldn't condone/excuse/ignore his behavior. The state was 100% correct in revoking his CCW.

Sorry if I've gotten my panties in a bunch, but morons with guns -- and morons who do dim-witted things while armed -- really tick me off. (I'm old enough, as are most of you, to have lived through the CCW dark ages of the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's; and our current CCW carry freedoms are far to precious and far too hard fought to be jeopardized by this fool, or by any other fool).

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    What was the point of painting the tip orange?
    I think he may have realized that carrying the AK open in public was in invitation for cops to shoot him.
    He painted the tip orange so that the thought of an airsoft gun would be inthe shooters minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    If my SA was working I would have already noted that he wasn't taking any threatening actions and responded accordingly
    Wow, I have to admit Treo, your SA is really fantastic: A total stranger, walking down the street right towards you while he's carrying a gun in his hand, and you can immediately ID him as a "good guy".

Gosh, I wish I had that kind of SA skills. Better yet, I wish you would at least teach those stupid, paranoid LEOs how to do that. (Instead, as you are probably aware, cops actually treat people walking down the street with guns in their hands as a probable threat, as opposed to a good guy. Those silly, ignorant fools!!).

-Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by maddyfish View Post
    I think he may have realized that carrying the AK open in public was in invitation for cops to shoot him.
    Generally a good indication that what you're about to do isn't the best idea, haha.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Apparently that community has a ban on carrying handguns...but it has an exemption for carrying one of 2 specific black powder revolvers as long as they are carried "in hand"...

For those of you who support this revocation, I sincerely hope that, at some point, some official decides they do not approve of what you carry or how you carry it.
    He was following the letter of law. Not for me, but he has a bigger pair than I do. No, his CCW should not be pulled because someone did not like what he was doing.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Originally posted by Bill Calley Wow, I have to admit Treo, your SA is really fantastic: A total stranger, walking down the street right towards you while he's carrying a gun in his hand, and you can immediately ID him as a "good guy".
    He wasn't carrying the AK type pistol in his hand and in he were there's a lot of ways you can carry a weapon "in your hand" that are non threatening

Originally posted by Bill Calley Also, it's quite clear that people like him MASSIVELY harm open (and concealed) carry in a BIG way:
    Since it's so clear you should have no problem citing an example.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Apparently that community has a ban on carrying handguns...but it has an exemption for carrying one of 2 specific black powder revolvers as long as they are carried "in hand"...

For those of you who support this revocation, I sincerely hope that, at some point, some official decides they do not approve of what you carry or how you carry it.
    I think it would be great if you would contact him and encourage him to move to Oregon.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links