TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

This is a discussion on TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bhamrichard Mostly because IMO, even though his actions fall within the letter of the law, his actions make gun owners look bad. ...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 197

Thread: TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    Mostly because IMO, even though his actions fall within the letter of the law, his actions make gun owners look bad. He's intentionally inflammatory and seeking conflict with the police, seemingly so he can file lawsuits. For what purpose I'm not sure, is he trying to get some silly laws changed, or is he trying to line his pockets at taxpayers expense? Either way, his judgment in how to go about things is questionable.

    Do I agree with revoking his permit? No, he hasn't broken any laws or endangered anyone other than himself. But I seriously disagree with his tactics and apparent motives.
    The guy was the topic of a previous thread which was closed by one of the mods. He is an ex member who has apparently been booted from the forum as well as other forums and digging up his bones again here seems to rehash what's already been rehashed extensively. Bhamrichard's post sums up nicely what I think is the bottom line here.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Member Array PaxMentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. Oregon (aka Paradise)
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    I literally quoted the man who was the offender, there has been no other links posted, so I am merely reading the article as it stands.
    That would make sense...except that the "offender" has not posted in the thread and the article in the original post clearly lays out the two seperate incidents.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

    -- L. Neil Smith

  4. #63
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Again, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see why everyone is so down on him.

    (Do I think he is a great spokesperson for us, no. But that doesn't mean he isn't within his rights. I didn't think Heston was a great spokesperson for us either.)
    You just asked a question and then answered it. What he might have done might be legal, but I don't think it helped our cause any.

  5. #64
    New Member Array mudoxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11
    The only thing this knucklehead will accomplish is getting state governments to impose the type of handgun you can legally carry by approved roster, such as in Massachussets and California and/or cause them to revoke open carry laws. This doesn't help citizens in other States and municipalities who are fighting for their 2A rights either. Just because he has the right doesn't mean he should. Like it or not in today's government, our freedoms hang by a thread, and we need to make conscious decisions on what outcomes our actions can cause. I'm not saying it's right to be forced into thinking along those lines but it's definitely real. He also makes a poor conscious decision to paint the tip of his AK orange. We all know what impression he was trying to circumvent by doing this.

  6. #65
    Ex Member Array Will B. Droopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoxiii View Post
    The only thing this knucklehead will accomplish is getting state governments to impose the type of handgun you can legally carry by approved roster, such as in Massachussets and California and/or cause them to revoke open carry laws. This doesn't help citizens in other States and municipalities who are fighting for their 2A rights either. Just because he has the right doesn't mean he should. Like it or not in today's government, our freedoms hang by a thread, and we need to make conscious decisions on what outcomes our actions can cause. I'm not saying it's right to be forced into thinking along those lines but it's definitely real. He also makes a poor conscious decision to paint the tip of his AK orange. We all know what impression he was trying to circumvent by doing this.
    You are, of course, 100% right. Our CCW (and overall gun) rights, whether some people here like to admit it or even realize it, DO hang by a very thin thread, and such idiotic behavior as this imbecile demonstrated will start to turn back the clock for many of those rights.

    And just think: If many of us here, in a GUN FORUM, find his actions objectionable, just think what Mr. Average John Q Public thinks.

    We need to get a little real here, and not live in our own little unrealistic "well, it's his/our RIGHT" dreamworld; because that "right" can be snatched away in a heartbeat.

    -Bill

  7. #66
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    now hes got a real civil rights case since he has a legitimate property interest in his TN permit to carry.....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  8. #67
    Ex Member Array Treo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,098
    Originally posted by Bill Calley Our CCW (and overall gun) rights, whether some people here like to admit it or even realize it, DO hang by a very thin thread,
    Umm dude, we're the ones W/ the guns

  9. #68
    Ex Member Array Will B. Droopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Umm dude, we're the ones W/ the guns



    But seriously Treo, "they" (the ones who pass and enforce our laws), have a heck of a lot more guns than we do, and those guns are a heck of a lot more powerful. And, "they" are also a heck of a lot more organized than your all inclusive "we" are.

    Tell you what: If "they" pass more restrictive anti-firearm laws due to the prevalence of some more gun-toting sub-morons who take pleasure in frightening the voting public, then you go up against "they" with your 9mm, and I'll watch from afar (from really, really afar).

    -Bill

  10. #69
    Senior Member Array C Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    He sought conflict and he found it.



    I'm not sure if that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard somebody say, but I will spend time today trying to find one stupider.

    To quote BGriffin70 of this forum:
    this is the right answer. This MORON(the guy that lost his CC) lost it because he went purposely looking for trouble. he has been banned from numerous good gunsites/message boards because of his "tactics". The tip was painted orange so LE officers would think it may be a toy if it came down to that type of situation..He KNEW he would draw the ire of LE and citizens and went out and did it anyways..He gives the law abiding gun owning community a BAD NAME and dererves to lose his permit.

    He purposely picked the large unconcealable AK pistol because of just that it cant be concealed. He was a @(*% and he got what he deserved..I hope the guy loses and does not get it back...id be willing to go to court to testify exactly what he said, wrote, and as trying to do on the message boards ive seen him get banned from..he knew this was going to be the end result..and hopefully he loses his permit forever! before him or another person gets hurt because of his foolishness.

    I see that some here have not heard of orr takied to this guy before(on a message board) I have seen several boards and he is TOOLISH enough to have gotten banned from all the ones I frequent. Mostly because of his trying to lure LE officers into doing something.

    These guys like him are the kind that the other gun owning public should WANT to disavow and see get in trouble and let it be known that he has nothing to do with gun "rights" nor with the state of mind of the "normal" CC people/gun people.

  11. #70
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,339
    Many liberals also think that a person that OCs a 1911 cocked is purposely looking for trouble (i.e. the soccer mom in VA that was on the news for open carrying her 1911 cocked at her kid's soccer game). While it is perfectly legal, who gets to subjectively determine one that deserves to lose their permit. Objectively determine, no problem.

    I think a vast majority of folks here agree that this particular guy is a moron that tries to intentionally stir the pot and his behavior is a detriment to the responsible gun owning community. Not much argument there. No one seems to be defending the individual or his actions. The question is what is the basis for revoking his CCP? If they can take his without objective reason, what's to stop the next person in that capacity who may be a died-in-the-wool anti from taking yours or anyone else's for whatever reason they decide is ok?

    If there's more to the story and there was some legal basis, then I certainly would be glad that they took the idiot's CCP. Perhaps the rest of the story isn't being told. I don't know, just basing the larger question on what is provided.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  12. #71
    Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    534
    I have to say I am very disappointed at many of you.

    The guy did nothing illegal and you say he is wrong. I have to admit I don't think i would have done what he did, but I will not condemn him for it either.

    No wonder we have so many stupid gun laws on the books, it is because people like yourselves don't want to rock the boat.

  13. #72
    Senior Member Array C Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    I have to say I am very disappointed at many of you.

    The guy did nothing illegal and you say he is wrong. I have to admit I don't think i would have done what he did, but I will not condemn him for it either.

    No wonder we have so many stupid gun laws on the books, it is because people like yourselves don't want to rock the boat.
    as disappointed as I am in you I guess for your answer.

  14. #73
    Distinguished Member
    Array SleepingZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ne
    Posts
    1,737

    2010 edition of the 2nd Amendment

    A well over-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a somewhat free state, the right of certain people to keep, until determined its no longer necessary for them to have, and bear arms, unless they bear them in a fashion that may make certain members of the somewhat free state uncomfortable, shall not be infringed, unless it differers with others moral or political beliefs.
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

  15. #74
    Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    as disappointed as I am in you I guess for your answer.

    If the dumb law about "carrying a gun in your hand" gets changed, then he did something good. I would be willing to bet the park rangers had a long meeting about this and might even have "NEW" policies so nobody get harassed again.

    You feel free to continue to be the sheppard to keep all the sheep in a straight line though.

    As I said I don't think I would do what he did, but unlike you I will not knock him for doing something that was not illegal.
    Last edited by JD; March 16th, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Addressed via PM.

  16. #75
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,339
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    A well over-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a somewhat free state, the right of certain people to keep, until determined its no longer necessary for them to have, and bear arms, unless they bear them in a fashion that may make certain members of the somewhat free state uncomfortable, shall not be infringed, unless it differers with others moral or political beliefs.


    Don't give the powers that be any ideas...they just might re-write it.
    Last edited by BugDude; March 15th, 2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: add'l test
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit (Merged)
    By Fixintu in forum Open Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: November 26th, 2008, 12:08 AM
  2. MN permit renewals down...(Merged)
    By duerrs in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM
  3. Revoked CC licence
    By Mikey in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
  4. Petition to Permit Firearms in National Parks: MERGED
    By BlackPR in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: March 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
  5. Your CCW Permit Has Been Revoked
    By Joshua M. Smith in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: April 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Search tags for this page

embody hand gun permit revoked

,

legalcarry.org in tennesee

,
man's tyrad gets chl license revoked
,
revocation of ccp in tenneessee
,
tenesse man gun permit reviked
,
tennesee concealed revoked
,

tennessee concealed carry revoked

,

tennessee pole barn building permit code

,
tn man loses concealed permit for posts
,
tn man stripped of concealed carry
,
tn revokes gun license
,

what happens when your gun permit is revoked in tn

Click on a term to search for related topics.