TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

This is a discussion on TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bhamrichard Mostly because IMO, even though his actions fall within the letter of the law, his actions make gun owners look bad. ...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TN Man's Permit Revoked: 1st Fall Out @ Post 110-MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    Mostly because IMO, even though his actions fall within the letter of the law, his actions make gun owners look bad. He's intentionally inflammatory and seeking conflict with the police, seemingly so he can file lawsuits. For what purpose I'm not sure, is he trying to get some silly laws changed, or is he trying to line his pockets at taxpayers expense? Either way, his judgment in how to go about things is questionable.

Do I agree with revoking his permit? No, he hasn't broken any laws or endangered anyone other than himself. But I seriously disagree with his tactics and apparent motives.
    The guy was the topic of a previous thread which was closed by one of the mods. He is an ex member who has apparently been booted from the forum as well as other forums and digging up his bones again here seems to rehash what's already been rehashed extensively. Bhamrichard's post sums up nicely what I think is the bottom line here.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    I literally quoted the man who was the offender, there has been no other links posted, so I am merely reading the article as it stands.
    That would make sense...except that the "offender" has not posted in the thread and the article in the original post clearly lays out the two seperate incidents.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Again, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see why everyone is so down on him.

(Do I think he is a great spokesperson for us, no. But that doesn't mean he isn't within his rights. I didn't think Heston was a great spokesperson for us either.)
    You just asked a question and then answered it. What he might have done might be legal, but I don't think it helped our cause any.

The only thing this knucklehead will accomplish is getting state governments to impose the type of handgun you can legally carry by approved roster, such as in Massachussets and California and/or cause them to revoke open carry laws. This doesn't help citizens in other States and municipalities who are fighting for their 2A rights either. Just because he has the right doesn't mean he should. Like it or not in today's government, our freedoms hang by a thread, and we need to make conscious decisions on what outcomes our actions can cause. I'm not saying it's right to be forced into thinking along those lines but it's definitely real. He also makes a poor conscious decision to paint the tip of his AK orange. We all know what impression he was trying to circumvent by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by mudoxiii View Post
    The only thing this knucklehead will accomplish is getting state governments to impose the type of handgun you can legally carry by approved roster, such as in Massachussets and California and/or cause them to revoke open carry laws. This doesn't help citizens in other States and municipalities who are fighting for their 2A rights either. Just because he has the right doesn't mean he should. Like it or not in today's government, our freedoms hang by a thread, and we need to make conscious decisions on what outcomes our actions can cause. I'm not saying it's right to be forced into thinking along those lines but it's definitely real. He also makes a poor conscious decision to paint the tip of his AK orange. We all know what impression he was trying to circumvent by doing this.
    You are, of course, 100% right. Our CCW (and overall gun) rights, whether some people here like to admit it or even realize it, DO hang by a very thin thread, and such idiotic behavior as this imbecile demonstrated will start to turn back the clock for many of those rights.

And just think: If many of us here, in a GUN FORUM, find his actions objectionable, just think what Mr. Average John Q Public thinks.

We need to get a little real here, and not live in our own little unrealistic "well, it's his/our RIGHT" dreamworld; because that "right" can be snatched away in a heartbeat.

-Bill

now hes got a real civil rights case since he has a legitimate property interest in his TN permit to carry.....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Originally posted by Bill Calley Our CCW (and overall gun) rights, whether some people here like to admit it or even realize it, DO hang by a very thin thread,
    Umm dude, we're the ones W/ the guns

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Umm dude, we're the ones W/ the guns

But seriously Treo, "they" (the ones who pass and enforce our laws), have a heck of a lot more guns than we do, and those guns are a heck of a lot more powerful. And, "they" are also a heck of a lot more organized than your all inclusive "we" are.

Tell you what: If "they" pass more restrictive anti-firearm laws due to the prevalence of some more gun-toting sub-morons who take pleasure in frightening the voting public, then you go up against "they" with your 9mm, and I'll watch from afar (from really, really afar).

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    He sought conflict and he found it.

I'm not sure if that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard somebody say, but I will spend time today trying to find one stupider.

To quote BGriffin70 of this forum:
    this is the right answer. This MORON(the guy that lost his CC) lost it because he went purposely looking for trouble. he has been banned from numerous good gunsites/message boards because of his "tactics". The tip was painted orange so LE officers would think it may be a toy if it came down to that type of situation..He KNEW he would draw the ire of LE and citizens and went out and did it anyways..He gives the law abiding gun owning community a BAD NAME and dererves to lose his permit.

He purposely picked the large unconcealable AK pistol because of just that it cant be concealed. He was a @(*% and he got what he deserved..I hope the guy loses and does not get it back...id be willing to go to court to testify exactly what he said, wrote, and as trying to do on the message boards ive seen him get banned from..he knew this was going to be the end result..and hopefully he loses his permit forever! before him or another person gets hurt because of his foolishness.

I see that some here have not heard of orr takied to this guy before(on a message board) I have seen several boards and he is TOOLISH enough to have gotten banned from all the ones I frequent. Mostly because of his trying to lure LE officers into doing something.

These guys like him are the kind that the other gun owning public should WANT to disavow and see get in trouble and let it be known that he has nothing to do with gun "rights" nor with the state of mind of the "normal" CC people/gun people.

Many liberals also think that a person that OCs a 1911 cocked is purposely looking for trouble (i.e. the soccer mom in VA that was on the news for open carrying her 1911 cocked at her kid's soccer game). While it is perfectly legal, who gets to subjectively determine one that deserves to lose their permit. Objectively determine, no problem.

I think a vast majority of folks here agree that this particular guy is a moron that tries to intentionally stir the pot and his behavior is a detriment to the responsible gun owning community. Not much argument there. No one seems to be defending the individual or his actions. The question is what is the basis for revoking his CCP? If they can take his without objective reason, what's to stop the next person in that capacity who may be a died-in-the-wool anti from taking yours or anyone else's for whatever reason they decide is ok?

If there's more to the story and there was some legal basis, then I certainly would be glad that they took the idiot's CCP. Perhaps the rest of the story isn't being told. I don't know, just basing the larger question on what is provided.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    I have to say I am very disappointed at many of you.

The guy did nothing illegal and you say he is wrong. I have to admit I don't think i would have done what he did, but I will not condemn him for it either.

No wonder we have so many stupid gun laws on the books, it is because people like yourselves don't want to rock the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    I have to say I am very disappointed at many of you.

The guy did nothing illegal and you say he is wrong. I have to admit I don't think i would have done what he did, but I will not condemn him for it either.

No wonder we have so many stupid gun laws on the books, it is because people like yourselves don't want to rock the boat.
    as disappointed as I am in you I guess for your answer.

Distinguished Member

2010 edition of the 2nd Amendment

A well over-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a somewhat free state, the right of certain people to keep, until determined its no longer necessary for them to have, and bear arms, unless they bear them in a fashion that may make certain members of the somewhat free state uncomfortable, shall not be infringed, unless it differers with others moral or political beliefs.
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    as disappointed as I am in you I guess for your answer.

If the dumb law about "carrying a gun in your hand" gets changed, then he did something good. I would be willing to bet the park rangers had a long meeting about this and might even have "NEW" policies so nobody get harassed again.

You feel free to continue to be the sheppard to keep all the sheep in a straight line though.

As I said I don't think I would do what he did, but unlike you I will not knock him for doing something that was not illegal.
    Last edited by JD; March 16th, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Addressed via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    A well over-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a somewhat free state, the right of certain people to keep, until determined its no longer necessary for them to have, and bear arms, unless they bear them in a fashion that may make certain members of the somewhat free state uncomfortable, shall not be infringed, unless it differers with others moral or political beliefs.

Don't give the powers that be any ideas...they just might re-write it.
    Last edited by BugDude; March 15th, 2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: add'l test
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links